UK Bus Checker brings you live bus times, smart journey planning and detailed route maps for all of Great Britain. Right to your iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch.
With support for bus, train, tram, underground, ferry and more, UK Bus Checker is the hit app that has you covered. Get from A to B with ease, no matter where in Great Britain you are.
• Live or scheduled bus times for all 300,000+ stops in mainland Great Britain
• Use your Apple Watch to view an instant departure board or track your planned journeys
• Plan a journey anywhere in Britain by bus, tube, rail and more
• Get live times in your Notification Centre with the Bus Checker widget
• Explore 3D route maps for all UK bus routes - see exactly where your bus goes
• Never miss your stop again with Stop Alerts
• Stay one step ahead with updates on diversions, closures and cancellations
• Save your favourite stops, routes and places for easy access
Real-time information is available in over 40 towns and cities, with more being added all the time. See www.buschecker.com for an up-to-date list of areas covered.
If there's no live info, Bus Checker will still display up-to-date scheduled arrivals for your stop, so you get the best of both worlds!
• Featured on BBC Click, Telegraph Online, The Independent, Cosmopolitan and Wired UK
• “If you regularly ride a bus, then you should not leave home without Bus Checker” - The Guardian
• One of Cosmopolitan Magazine's featured "Best Apps Ever" - Cosmo UK
Problems with the app?
Please read through our FAQs at www.buschecker.com
For more help, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our helpful support team on twitter @buschecker or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For full list of live coverage areas, see www.buschecker.com
- Bus Checker is a registered trademark of FatAttitude Limited
- Data provided by official Traveline and Transport for London feeds
- Bus Checker can send anonymous usage stats and crash reports to us so that we can improve the app; no personally identifiable information is collected or transmitted
- Fixes issue where Apple Watch app doesn’t display arrivals information for some stops.
Ratings and Reviews
Overcharges and Possibly Illegal
The latest version of this software now throws an error saying “Sorry, there’s been an error with your payment. Please contact Customer Services.” In actual fact there hasn’t been an error and so before I realised I’d purchased three times what I actually wanted to. I should add at this point there’s no easy way to contact Customer Services through the app and when I tried phoning the line was engaged.
Also, and I’m happy to stand corrected on this, it seems that now the app no longer asks for your card’s cvv number (the one on the back) so therefore must be storing it. Whilst this may be fine if you’ve specifically agreed that be the case (I haven’t) it means it’s less secure. Moreover, I believe it’s illegal to store this information without the express permission of the card holder. This is I believe not something that can be agreed through terms and conditions.
Ultimately a very buggy bit of software that I only use because I have to in order to save myself some money. If I could, I’d avoid First altogether.
Does what it says!
Excellent app that I find really useful anywhere. Previously there was the Travelwest app that only covered the West of England. This covers the whole country. The advertisements are unobtrusive and if they fund the service, I really am not bothered by them.
The only improvement I would like to see made would be colour coding the stops on the map, so one knew which ones were on which side of the road. Currently one has to zoom in if one’s not sure. I do realise that not all routes are simple straight lines, some routes are circular and others start in one direction before turning to another direction but I think that colour coded stops would be helpful.
Does a half-decent job but...
It is basically a skin for Google Maps and suffers from the same limitations - principally assuming virtually instantaneous transfers between services and that things run to the minute. So it will often work out the correct route but may give a wildly optimistic journey time if connecting into an infrequent service - you’ll miss the first one and the next one may be two hours later.
So fine in cities with buses running every few minutes, but look very closely at the details of any journey using trains or country buses.
Also for some reason time at my local stop are two minutes after the bus has left. So turn up a few minutes early for infrequent services.
- UrbanThings Limited
- 91.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © UrbanThings
- In-App Purchases
- Remove the Ads (discounted) £3.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.