The ONLY app to show live traffic incidents, roadworks and over 3,000 cameras covering England, Scotland, Wales and London. The December 2018 release optimises for iOS12.
Live traffic incidents, roadworks and traffic cams covering:
- England: Highways Agency for all motorways and main trunk roads, 2,029 cameras
- Scotland: Traffic Scotland, 274 cameras
- Wales: Traffic Wales, 197 cameras
- London: TfL, 918 cameras
- Tyne & Wear: 125 cameras
- Today screen widget to show at a glance the nearest current traffic incidents
- Optimised for all iPhone and iPad models; fully tested on iOS 9, 10, 11 and 12.
- Shows current incidents in order of distance from your current location (closest incidents are shown first).
- Each incident is colour-coded to indicate the severity of the delay.
- You can quickly see the distance the incident is from you, the road name,
the type of incident and when the incident info was updated.
- The detail view for each incident shows the description of the incident together with a map showing the exact location of the incident.
- Shows current incidents and traffic cams.
- Each incident is colour coded as well as being represented by an icon showing the incident type.
- Clicking on an incident displays more detail right there on the map.
- The map view can also show live traffic camera images.
- Toggle show/hide the cameras on the map.
- Touch a camera icon on the map to view a live camera image.
TRAFFIC CAM FAVOURITES
- Save your favourite cameras for quick access to see how clear/congested your usual routes are.
- Shows at a glance the nearest current traffic incidents without launching the app.
- Toggle traffic information on the map.
- You can configure which incidents are displayed according to the severity of the delay caused.
- Miles or KM setting.
ICONS AND COLOUR CODING
- The icons on the map show the type of incident so you can see at a glance both the incident type and severity (indicated by the colour of the icon).
The incident icons currently available are:
- Accident: ambulance icon
- Congestion: standard congestion sign (3 cars) icon
- Breakdown: car with bonnet raised icon
- Signal Failure: traffic signal icon
- Event (such as football match, concert): a calendar event icon
- Snow or flooding: the appropriate icon
- Other/Hazard/Incident: standard hazard (exclamation mark) icon
Incidents are colour coded accruing to severity:
- Red: severe; delays of one hour or more, or road/exit closed
- Orange: medium; delays 15 minutes or more
- Green: minor; delays less than 15 minutes
- Email me for feature requests/bug reports etc. I would love to hear from you!
- Follow @ukroadsapp on Twitter for latest news on the app.
-Updated for iOS12
-Updated for new iPhones (XS, XS Max and XR)
Ratings and Reviews
Must get app
For a professional driver this is a no brainer purchase. As we know the the uk the matrix overhead road information signs are a useful as a chocolate fireguard, this app give you real time cameras and if you refresh the cameras icon you can instantly see if the road shed is busy or closed. All ready saved me hours in useless diversions I didn’t need to go on because I could see the road had been open regardless of the matrix signs. Buy you won’t regret it. Put the time in and save the cameras in your favourites icon for the roads you mostly use in order it’s like seeing into the future.
Excellent App, easy to use, well written.
An excellent app. I use it all the time. Travelling between England and Scotland on a regular basis it provides peace of mind being able to actually see the condition of the roads I'm going to travel along especially regarding snow on the highland stretches of the journey. I had an issue recently with my iPad not showing the camera output but the developer (Andrew Sinclair) could not have been more helpful. Now fully functional again. This is a very well written app and very easy to use, I can recommend it to anyone wanting piece of mind when travelling around the country.
As a contractor who drives a lot to different sites, this app is probably the most useful app that has ever been invented for the UK driver/iPhone owner.
I have saved myself lots of hours by not being held up in traffic queues because it shows road closures, gives details of those closures/accidents etc and probably the coolest part is that you can view live traffic on cameras and refresh the feed. Just today I saw some poor sod stuck on the side of the road on the M1 in the snow - I hope he gets moving soon.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.