UK Roads - Traffic News & Cameras
By Katerina Antonopoulou
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The ONLY app to show live traffic incidents, roadworks and over 3,000 cameras covering England, Scotland, Wales and London. The latest release in February 2017 included a search capability.
Live traffic incidents, roadworks and traffic cams covering:
- England: Highways Agency for all motorways and main trunk roads, 2,029 cameras
- Scotland: Traffic Scotland, 274 cameras
- Wales: Traffic Wales, 197 cameras
- London: TfL, 918 cameras
- Tyne & Wear: 125 cameras
- Today screen widget to show at a glance the nearest current traffic incidents
- Optimised for all iPhone and iPad models; fully tested on iOS8, iOS9 and iOS10.
- Shows current incidents in order of distance from your current location (closest incidents are shown first).
- Each incident is colour-coded to indicate the severity of the delay.
- You can quickly see the distance the incident is from you, the road name,
the type of incident and when the incident info was updated.
- The detail view for each incident shows the description of the incident together with a map showing the exact location of the incident.
- Shows current incidents and traffic cams.
- Each incident is colour coded as well as being represented by an icon showing the incident type.
- Clicking on an incident displays more detail right there on the map.
- The map view can also show live traffic camera images.
- Toggle show/hide the cameras on the map.
- Touch a camera icon on the map to view a live camera image.
TRAFFIC CAM FAVOURITES
- Save your favourite cameras for quick access to see how clear/congested your usual routes are.
- You can re-order the list so they are ordered according to your journey. There is an option to see the images either small or large.
- Toggle traffic information on the map (iOS9/10 only).
- You can configure which incidents are displayed according to the severity of the delay caused.
ICONS AND COLOUR CODING
- The icons on the map show the type of incident so you can see at a glance both the incident type and severity (indicated by the colour of the icon).
The incident icons currently available are:
- Accident: ambulance icon
- Congestion: standard congestion sign (3 cars) icon
- Breakdown: car with bonnet raised icon
- Signal Failure: traffic signal icon
- Event (such as football match, concert): a calendar event icon
- Snow or flooding: the appropriate icon
- Other/Hazard/Incident: standard hazard (exclamation mark) icon
Incidents are colour coded accruing to severity:
- Red: severe; delays of one hour or more, or road/exit closed
- Orange: medium; delays 15 minutes or more
- Green: minor; delays less than 15 minutes
- Email me for feature requests/bug reports etc. I would love to hear from you!
- Follow @ukroadsapp on Twitter for latest news on the app.
What's New in Version 5.2
-Bug fix for showing map on launch.
-Search function on the list screen (also filters on the map screen).
-New setting to enable auto refresh of camera images (will refresh every 10 seconds).
-New setting to always show map on app launch.
-Additional incident icons on map: collision, car fire, police incident.
-Fix formatting of incident description on detail view.
As always I really appreciate your reviews, so please keep them coming, it's especially important after a new release as all ratings are reset. Thanks :-)
Must get app
For a professional driver this is a no brainer purchase. As we know the the uk the matrix overhead road information signs are a useful as a chocolate fireguard, this app give you real time cameras and if you refresh the cameras icon you can instantly see if the road shed is busy or closed. All ready saved me hours in useless diversions I didn’t need to go on because I could see the road had been open regardless of the matrix signs. Buy you won’t regret it. Put the time in and save the cameras in your favourites icon for the roads you mostly use in order it’s like seeing into the future.
Well at last, a fantastic app. Very up to date and by far the best out there. It knocks spots off the AA traffic app. I use the roads all over everyday and this saves me lots of time because I can now plan journeys. The developers should get some sort of an award for this !
And the traffic camera option is a long time coming.....very well done, thank you
Fast updates and the chance to actually see many of the roads. What could be better!
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 06 February 2017
- Version: 5.2
- Size: 4.6 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Katerina Antonopoulou
- © Andrew Sinclair and Katerina Antonopoulou
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.