UK Roads - Traffic News & Cameras
By Katerina Antonopoulou
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
See at a glance traffic incidents affecting the main roads of England, Scotland & Wales.
- Highways Agency England live traffic incidents and roadworks
- Traffic Scotland live traffic data and traffic cams (222 cameras)
- Traffic Wales live traffic data and traffic cams (199 cameras)
- Transport for London live traffic data and traffic cams (411 cameras)
- Newcastle and Tyne Tunnel traffic cams (68 cameras)
- Leeds traffic cams (35 cameras)
- Bradford traffic cams (26 cameras)
- Sheffield traffic cams (28 cameras)
- Optimised for iPhone 5 and tested on iOS6
- Shows current incidents in order of distance from your current location (closest incidents are shown first).
- Each incident is colour-coded to indicate the severity of the delay.
- You can quickly see the distance the incident is from you, the road name,
the type of incident and when the incident info was updated.
- The detail view for each incident shows the description of the incident together with a map showing the exact location of the incident.
- Shows current incidents and traffic cams.
- Each incident is colour coded as well as being represented by an icon showing the incident type.
- The map can be viewed full screen to give a clearer picture of where incidents are.
- Clicking on an incident displays more detail right there on the map.
- The map view can also show live traffic camera images.
- Toggle show/hide the cameras on the map.
- Touch a camera icon on the map to view a live camera image.
- Toggle roadworks on/off.
- You can configure which incidents are displayed according to the severity of the delay caused.
ICONS AND COLOUR CODING
- The icons on the map show the type of incident so you can see at a glance both the incident type and severity (indicated by the colour of the icon).
The incident icons currently available are:
- Accident: ambulance icon
- Congestion: standard congestion sign (3 cars) icon
- Breakdown: car with bonnet raised icon
- Signal Failure: traffic signal icon
- Event (such as football match, concert): a calendar event icon
- Other/Hazard/Incident: standard hazard (exclamation mark) icon
Incidents are colour coded accruing to severity:
- Red: severe; delays of one hour or more, or road/exit closed
- Orange: medium; delays 15 minutes or more
- Green: minor; delays less than 15 minutes
- Email me for feature requests/bug reports etc. I would love to hear from you!
- Follow @ukroadsapp on Twitter for latest news on the app.
What's New in Version 3.1
- Traffic Incidents displayed from Traffic Wales
- Live traffic camera images from Traffic Wales (199 cameras)
Very pleased with app & support
Don't need to use it often as I tend to drive local / rural. However, when I've taken a journey on major routes this app has been most helpful. It has been accurate in use so far. I had a problem updating on one occasion and contacted the developer at a holiday weekend. I was surprised to have a reply and the problem fixed within 30mins. Good support is worth a lot to me. Recommended.
Comprehensive but difficult to search
A great app which is definitely comprehensive and helpful and value for money, but it would be better if you could put planned journey in and it only showed the potential problems on that route. Some warnings are very old and it is impossible to tell whether they are still current, I assume if they are highlighted in green then they are, although it isn't overly clear that that is the case.
Excellent for the cameras that are on - could do with more, but useful never the less.
Can't comment yet on the promptness of delay reports both at start and the end, but are a guide to how traffic is likely to be.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 03 November 2012
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 0.8 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Katerina Antonopoulou
- © Andrew Sinclair and Katerina Antonopoulou
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.