UK Roads - Traffic News & Cameras
By Katerina Antonopoulou
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The ONLY app to show traffic incidents, roadworks and cameras covering England, Scotland, Wales and London. We release updates regularly; the latest release in September 2016 included camera favourites and a Today screen widget.
Live traffic incidents, roadworks and traffic cams covering:
- England: Highways Agency for all motorways and main trunk roads, 2,029 cameras
- Scotland: Traffic Scotland, 274 cameras
- Wales: Traffic Wales, 197 cameras
- London: TfL, 918 cameras
- Tyne & Wear: 125 cameras
- Today screen widget to show at a glance the nearest current traffic incidents
- Optimised for all iPhone and iPad models; fully tested on iOS8, iOS9 and iOS10.
- Shows current incidents in order of distance from your current location (closest incidents are shown first).
- Each incident is colour-coded to indicate the severity of the delay.
- You can quickly see the distance the incident is from you, the road name,
the type of incident and when the incident info was updated.
- The detail view for each incident shows the description of the incident together with a map showing the exact location of the incident.
- Shows current incidents and traffic cams.
- Each incident is colour coded as well as being represented by an icon showing the incident type.
- Clicking on an incident displays more detail right there on the map.
- The map view can also show live traffic camera images.
- Toggle show/hide the cameras on the map.
- Touch a camera icon on the map to view a live camera image.
TRAFFIC CAM FAVOURITES
- Save your favourite cameras for quick access to see how clear/congested your usual routes are.
- You can re-order the list so they are ordered according to your journey. There is an option to see the images either small or large.
- Toggle traffic information on the map (iOS9/10 only).
- You can configure which incidents are displayed according to the severity of the delay caused.
ICONS AND COLOUR CODING
- The icons on the map show the type of incident so you can see at a glance both the incident type and severity (indicated by the colour of the icon).
The incident icons currently available are:
- Accident: ambulance icon
- Congestion: standard congestion sign (3 cars) icon
- Breakdown: car with bonnet raised icon
- Signal Failure: traffic signal icon
- Event (such as football match, concert): a calendar event icon
- Snow or flooding: the appropriate icon
- Other/Hazard/Incident: standard hazard (exclamation mark) icon
Incidents are colour coded accruing to severity:
- Red: severe; delays of one hour or more, or road/exit closed
- Orange: medium; delays 15 minutes or more
- Green: minor; delays less than 15 minutes
- Email me for feature requests/bug reports etc. I would love to hear from you!
- Follow @ukroadsapp on Twitter for latest news on the app.
What's New in Version 5.0
Major update with some great new features:
-Camera Favourites: you can now save cameras on your usual routes for quick access from the new Favourites tab. You can re-order the list so they are ordered according to your journey. There is an option to see the images either small or large.
-New "Today Widget" to show at a glance the nearest current traffic incidents without launching the app. To enable the widget on iOS 10, swipe left on the lock screen and tap "Edit, then scroll down and add the new UK Roads widget.
-Updated for iOS 10 compatibility.
As ever, your great reviews keep the updates coming. If you like this update please take a minute to leave a review, it really does help!
Great Little App.
A really useful app, updated regularly. I just wish the red lines of traffic hold ups were a bit heavier or thicker. It would just make it a little more user friendly.
Great idea for an app. Works well, a great improvement would be to be able to have continuous feed of the cameras
Go on. Give it a go!
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 22 September 2016
- Version: 5.0
- Size: 4.2 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Katerina Antonopoulou
- © Andrew Sinclair and Katerina Antonopoulou
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.