UK Snow Map
By Ben Marsh Interactive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** The Official #uksnow Map App! ***
See where it is snowing in the UK right now!
UK Snow Map uses #uksnow tweets to draw an up-to-the-minute map of where it is currently snowing in the UK.
- Live snow map with 4 different themes.
- #uksnow tweet stream with full-screen photo viewer.
- Send #uksnow tweets from within the app.
- Location button makes it easy to see where you are.
- Tips for adding #uksnow tweets to the map.
- iPad, iPhone 5 and Retina display ready.
- UK Snow Map is not a weather forecasting app. It only shows where it is snowing now, according to snow reports crowdsourced from Twitter.
- The map updates every minute, and tweets can take up to 2 minutes to appear on the map.
- If you have a protected Twitter account, your tweets won't appear in the app.
- If your tweet doesn't appear when you search on Twitter - it can't appear in the app - sometimes Twitter automatically block tweets from search results.
What's New in Version 1.0.1
- #uksnow Map App is now a universal app and will run full screen on iPads.
- UI improvements.
- Version checker.
Essential for winter
This has become my most-used app in the past week! A couple of years ago I discovered the uksnowmap online and am delighted it is available in an app form now. It allows you to see where the snow actually is rather than rely on weather forecasts. I've had a few times when it has failed to reload but I am guessing it gets overwhelmed a bit when there is snow in London and so many people tweet at once. Otherwise it is pretty accurate. So simple! Best if you contribute as well of course - remember first part of your postcode and score out of 10 for how heavy the snow is falling. P.s. when the snow is coming it gets addictive!
Never had a problem with updates, don't forget this is an app that shows realtime snow fall linked to twitter posts and shows like about 250 tweets on the map. When it's being hammered your tweet will disappear when it gets to the bottom of the list. If your security settings are on your tweet won't show at all, this happened to me at first and I thought it was broken. In summery great app that's very helpful and fun
From the developer of the original and best UK Snow Map, this app makes it quicker and easier to visualise the #uksnow tweets than ever before.
Now a universal app, giving a full screen map on iPads as well as iPhones, this is great value even for the few days a year we get snow in the UK.
Buy this app to see how close the snow is getting and support the developer who's created tools that have helped so many people.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: 14 January 2013
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 3.6 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Ben Marsh Interactive Ltd
- © 2013 Ben Marsh Interactive
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.