The premium UK Salary Tax Calculator which includes a Tax Rates Reference Guide and VAT Calculator.
Reached No.1 in UK Finance Charts on the App Store. Also featured on BBC Radio 4 & Sunday Times.
Unlike some free tax calculator apps, Tax Tool has all calculations and data built-in, so there's no need for an internet connection - use it anytime and anywhere, even if you don't have a signal!
• Perform Reverse Salary Calculations for working out your target salary from the take-home pay you need - useful for job interviews and pay rise negotiations
• View a pocket guide of key UK tax rates, limits and allowances, including Income Tax, National Insurance, Capital Gains Tax, Stamp Duty Land Tax and Pension Schemes
• Email your results, including a breakdown of the calculation, for sharing or backup purposes
"There's a reason for the high review scores posted for this app...it is an extremely well designed and thought out app."
"Brilliant app. Just saved me £160. Email and print give a very clear printed breakdown."
"This app is easy to use...I rarely write app reviews, but this one deserves all the praise it gets..."
"Outstanding - one of the best personal finance apps available."
Tax Tool is designed for UK taxpayers in paid employment, using the Pay-As-You-Earn (PAYE) system of automatic tax deduction.
The app was inspired by the quality of Apple's own apps. It was designed to be comprehensive, but also to be very easy to use and input information, with immediate results.
Choose to enter as much or as little as you want: accuracy is improved if you enter more information and if you enter your Tax Code, but it still gives a useful rough guide if you enter none of these.
A key feature is that it can perform reverse salary calculations. You can enter your desired take-home pay (what you need to receive, after payroll taxes are deducted, to cover your everyday lifestyle) and Tax Tool will instantly work out the salary needed to achieve that target. You can easily flip between these to work out net pay from gross salary or vice-versa.
The app also performs UK VAT calculations, and contains a handy reference for UK tax rates, limits and allowances.
Quick and simple: this is not designed to be a replacement for a full tax return (it doesn’t ask for full details on all your financial affairs), but it does provide a quick and useful estimate of the amount you will receive in your pay packet.
• Instant calculations as you type
• Doesn't need an Internet connection
• Shows a detailed breakdown of the calculations, including Income Tax paid at each band
• Flexible periods: enter and view results annually, monthly, four weekly, fortnightly, weekly, daily or hourly
• Calculates your National Insurance contributions, as well as your employer's
• Includes a VAT calculator, with reverse function
• Calculates PAYE tax for tax years 2019/20, 2018/19, all the way back to 2009/10
• Provides an instant rough guide. Enter optional settings to improve accuracy
• Works with iOS 11 & iOS 12, and the iPhone X.
Optional Settings available:
• Scottish tax (SRIT) - all five bands from 2018 onwards
• Tax Codes - recognises L, S, M, N, K, T, P, X, Y, BR, D0, D1, NT, 0T, M1 and W1 codes
• Contributions to company pensions (as a percentage or fixed amount). Also supports salary sacrifice pensions and contributions taken from net pay
• Childcare Vouchers
• Student Loan repayments (Pre Sept 2012 and Post Sept 2012 schemes supported)
• Overtime and Bonuses (as a percentage or fixed amount)
• Tax deductions
• Contributions to charities
• Salary sacrifice (three types)
• Regular deductions from net pay
• Marriage Allowance transfers
• High Income Child Benefit Charge estimation
• Ability to switch off National Insurance calculations if State Pension Age reached.
Updated with 2019/20 tax year rates, allowances and information.
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent UK Income Tax Tool
I have been using this app for a couple of years now, and it's a brilliantly easy app to use to quickly calculate your take-home pay.
The interface is simple and intuitive, and the team keep it updated with current tax rates, as well as including past years rates so you can compare how your tax position has changed from 2010 onwards.
For future updates, it would be good to see a slightly easier way of quickly accessing the pages for Bonus and Pension rates which for me takes a few more clicks to get to the relevant page than is necessary. But this is a minor gripe and shouldn't put anyone off using the app at all.
Look forward to future updates.
Have been using this app for a number of years and found it very useful to work out potential earnings of new jobs and changes during employments. Excellent app and updated regular with good features.
Excellent App, helps with take home and tax planning.
Excellent, have used this for years and has not let me down yet. Recommend this app to give a very quick summary position of tax and take home pay. Thank you kindly.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.