UK Train Times
By Agant Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“There are a few apps that aim to help you navigate public transport in the UK, but this one stands head and shoulders above the rest.” - iPod User magazine
“A train traveller’s godsend.” - PC Advisor Magazine
“Our favourite feature is Next train home that looks up your nearest station and checks the time of the next train you can catch to your home station.” - MacFormat magazine
UK Train Times provides real-time journey planning for journeys across the National Rail network and live departure information for all National Rail stations. This is a fully-licensed application powered by National Rail Enquiries’ real-time data feeds.
- Powerful real-time journey planner for single or return journeys across the National Rail network, with departure platform information (where available).
- ‘Next Train Home’ feature automatically finds your nearest station and plans your journey home.
- If you’re searching for trains today, you’ll be told about any delays or cancellations to your chosen trains and given the option to find alternative journeys.
- Live departures and arrivals at all National Rail stations, with platform information (where available*) and live train progress.
- Add multiple stations to the app’s Home Screen for one-touch access to their live departures. Simply choose a station in ‘Live Departures & Arrivals’ and hit the Add Favourite button to create a new favourite.
- Share journey information by SMS or email, or add it to your calendar.
- Automatically find your nearest stations or select one of your recently used stations, and then find directions via the iPhone’s Maps application.
Please note that the Live Departure and Journey Planner features require an active mobile network connection when starting a new search, but recent Journey Planner search results are automatically saved for use when outside of mobile network coverage.
* Platform number information is not available for all stations in UK Train Times. To find out if a particular station will display platform numbers in the application’s “Live Departures & Arrivals” section, please view that station in the Live Departures and Arrivals section of the nationalrail.co.uk web site. If platform information is displayed on the web site, it will also be displayed in UK Train Times.
UK Train Times uses analytics to collect aggregate, non-personally-identifiable usage data. For more information, visit http://agant.com/analytics.
What's New in Version 1.9.3
Updated station database.
Updated but still missing Kirkstall Forge!
Slight update, this app has been updated recently however some stations are still missing including Kirkstall Forge
Was and possibly still is the best train times app on App Store with one major exception. The developer no longer seems to be supporting the app and even their website no longer exists.
Unfortunately this means new stations haven't been added so you just get 'unknown' in station field (and can't search for the station). Sadly I think this app should be removed from the App Store as over time it will become increasingly out of date.
Good but not perfect
I'd been using my rail lite which was exactly what I needed. I was annoyed when it was announced it would end in march. I was forced to download and pay for this instead. Whilst better in some respects it costs 5 pounds which I think is a rip off and it doesn't give platform information which my rail lite did! Hopefully this will be added in a future free update.
Update 2017: the search function is more or less unusable on my iPhone due to a large white box which obscures search results. The stations list is also out of date. A real shame :(
One of the best, most accessible apps still going strong
This was one of the first iPhone apps I ever bought, around five years ago, and it remains one of my most frequently used ones.
Another user has commented on its compatibility with the iOS screen reader voice-over, and this is certainly a significant benefit, and not one that every player in this market can boast (stand in the corner CityMapper!).
I love the simple, clean interface of this app, its reliability, and yes, its accessibility.
I just hope that it continues to be supported, as without it I would truly be lost.