“There are a few apps that aim to help you navigate public transport in the UK, but this one stands head and shoulders above the rest.” - iPod User magazine
“A train traveller’s godsend.” - PC Advisor Magazine
“Our favourite feature is Next train home that looks up your nearest station and checks the time of the next train you can catch to your home station.” - MacFormat magazine
UK Train Times provides real-time journey planning for journeys across the National Rail network and live departure information for all National Rail stations. This is a fully-licensed application powered by National Rail Enquiries’ real-time data feeds.
- Powerful real-time journey planner for single or return journeys across the National Rail network, with departure platform information (where available).
- ‘Next Train Home’ feature automatically finds your nearest station and plans your journey home.
- If you’re searching for trains today, you’ll be told about any delays or cancellations to your chosen trains and given the option to find alternative journeys.
- Live departures and arrivals at all National Rail stations, with platform information (where available*) and live train progress.
- Add multiple stations to the app’s Home Screen for one-touch access to their live departures. Simply choose a station in ‘Live Departures & Arrivals’ and hit the Add Favourite button to create a new favourite.
- Share journey information by SMS or email, or add it to your calendar.
- Automatically find your nearest stations or select one of your recently used stations, and then find directions via the iPhone’s Maps application.
Please note that the Live Departure and Journey Planner features require an active mobile network connection when starting a new search, but recent Journey Planner search results are automatically saved for use when outside of mobile network coverage.
* Platform number information is not available for all stations in UK Train Times. To find out if a particular station will display platform numbers in the application’s “Live Departures & Arrivals” section, please view that station in the Live Departures and Arrivals section of the nationalrail.co.uk web site. If platform information is displayed on the web site, it will also be displayed in UK Train Times.
UK Train Times uses analytics to collect aggregate, non-personally-identifiable usage data. For more information, visit http://agant.com/analytics.
Updated station database.
Ratings and Reviews
Best Rail App
Best rail app on my iPhone - others may let you buy tickets but I usually buy at the station or at home on my PC, so it's not something I miss.
A glitch where it lost its connection to the main Rail database for a while meant I tried a few others but, once the glitch was fixed this is the one I returned to. "Next train home" is brilliant idea that I've not found on others.
Dec 18: Not able to work with updated ScotRail timetables - says I need to head north and buy two separate tickets to go south from my home station, whereas ScotRail’s own app shows route south with an appropriate connection and single ticket.
Good app but needs updating
In many ways the most user friendly train app I’ve found. But the station database needs updating e.g. to include Cambridge North.
Essential UK Train App
This is one of my most used apps. Accurate and professional. Essential for commuting by train in the UK.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.