UK Train Times
By Agant Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“There are a few apps that aim to help you navigate public transport in the UK, but this one stands head and shoulders above the rest.” - iPod User magazine
“A train traveller’s godsend.” - PC Advisor Magazine
“Our favourite feature is Next train home that looks up your nearest station and checks the time of the next train you can catch to your home station.” - MacFormat magazine
UK Train Times provides real-time journey planning for journeys across the National Rail network and live departure information for all National Rail stations. This is a fully-licensed application powered by National Rail Enquiries’ real-time data feeds.
- Powerful real-time journey planner for single or return journeys across the National Rail network, with departure platform information (where available).
- ‘Next Train Home’ feature automatically finds your nearest station and plans your journey home.
- If you’re searching for trains today, you’ll be told about any delays or cancellations to your chosen trains and given the option to find alternative journeys.
- Live departures and arrivals at all National Rail stations, with platform information (where available*) and live train progress.
- Add multiple stations to the app’s Home Screen for one-touch access to their live departures. Simply choose a station in ‘Live Departures & Arrivals’ and hit the Add Favourite button to create a new favourite.
- Share journey information by SMS or email, or add it to your calendar.
- Automatically find your nearest stations or select one of your recently used stations, and then find directions via the iPhone’s Maps application.
Please note that the Live Departure and Journey Planner features require an active mobile network connection when starting a new search, but recent Journey Planner search results are automatically saved for use when outside of mobile network coverage.
* Platform number information is not available for all stations in UK Train Times. To find out if a particular station will display platform numbers in the application’s “Live Departures & Arrivals” section, please view that station in the Live Departures and Arrivals section of the nationalrail.co.uk web site. If platform information is displayed on the web site, it will also be displayed in UK Train Times.
UK Train Times uses analytics to collect aggregate, non-personally-identifiable usage data. For more information, visit http://agant.com/analytics.
What's New in Version 1.9.2
Updated for iOS 9 compatibility.
Most efficient train app there is!
No matter how much I try to use other apps for my train journeys, I still go back to using this app. It's that good! Yes users has few issues with it for a number of reasons. Personally, I have not had any issues with using the app.
This app looks up schedules in advance on top of daily reporting, which has been a real life saver. For example, I could look at train schedules from Gatwick to Victoria 4 days in advance. Other apps, free/paid, just won't do that!
The app itself is very clear and efficient. The UI is so easy to use and navigate - even my mum have no issues using this app and that says a lot!
Another pro with this app is the lack of ads. I mean I like marketing just as the next person, but when Southern has a massive disruptions the last thing I want to see on my screen is an ad for a freemium game!
Nonetheless, I would say platform information could be improved in this app. Platform information does not display at times so I rely mostly on display boards. This is not a massive drawback to be honest however something that needs tweaking.
Bold text = No times
I thought this bug would have been fixed by now but hasn't, so now I feel the need to rate. I, amongst others, payed for this app and would expect small bugs like this be fixed - there's not even a reporting feature within the app.
I use bold text and therefore since the update, can no longer see departure times. The main list on journey planner is fine but as soon as I go into each specific journey, nothing. I've used this app for a very long time - since it's 'National Rail' title and find it brilliant but this bug is very nearly forcing me to go elsewhere.
Please fix ASAP!
Warning - Do Not Upload this Update
Further to my previous review, if you have an iPhone 4S do not upload the latest update. It will crash.
To the Avant Developers - you've not only ignored my emails but it appears you've ignored other people's too. Please as a matter of urgency reload the previous update to the AppStore so we can all get this app working again. We rely on this app to get to and from work, and the last 10 days have been hard enough without being unable to determine what trains are or aren't running. Please roll back the update ASAP.