UK Train Times
By Agant Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“There are a few apps that aim to help you navigate public transport in the UK, but this one stands head and shoulders above the rest.” - iPod User magazine
“A train traveller’s godsend.” - PC Advisor Magazine
“Our favourite feature is Next train home that looks up your nearest station and checks the time of the next train you can catch to your home station.” - MacFormat magazine
UK Train Times provides real-time journey planning for journeys across the National Rail network and live departure information for all National Rail stations. This is a fully-licensed application powered by National Rail Enquiries’ real-time data feeds.
- Powerful real-time journey planner for single or return journeys across the National Rail network, with departure platform information (where available).
- ‘Next Train Home’ feature automatically finds your nearest station and plans your journey home.
- If you’re searching for trains today, you’ll be told about any delays or cancellations to your chosen trains and given the option to find alternative journeys.
- Live departures and arrivals at all National Rail stations, with platform information (where available*) and live train progress.
- Add multiple stations to the app’s Home Screen for one-touch access to their live departures. Simply choose a station in ‘Live Departures & Arrivals’ and hit the Add Favourite button to create a new favourite.
- Share journey information by SMS or email, or add it to your calendar.
- Automatically find your nearest stations or select one of your recently used stations, and then find directions via the iPhone’s Maps application.
Please note that the Live Departure and Journey Planner features require an active mobile network connection when starting a new search, but recent Journey Planner search results are automatically saved for use when outside of mobile network coverage.
* Platform number information is not available for all stations in UK Train Times. To find out if a particular station will display platform numbers in the application’s “Live Departures & Arrivals” section, please view that station in the Live Departures and Arrivals section of the nationalrail.co.uk web site. If platform information is displayed on the web site, it will also be displayed in UK Train Times.
UK Train Times uses analytics to collect aggregate, non-personally-identifiable usage data. For more information, visit http://agant.com/analytics.
What's New in Version 1.9.1
Fixes for layout problems on iPhones 6 and 6 Plus.
One of the best apps out there
This was the first third-party app to give me that "I'm living in the future" feeling when I got my first iPhone (a 3G). It continues to be a first home screen staple for me. Gives you exactly the info you need, in an incredibly simple and intuitive layout. If I could suggest one thing, it would be to offer apple watch support as a paid add-on.
I have been using this for years and it the best app (by far) for getting true information on any journey to work... We just need an update!! Fix the issue when trying to plan a journey and update to the apple watch!
This app needs to stay and be current because it already beats the competition, we just need it to stay no 1!
Superb app just got better
Fantastic train app - the best there is. Does what it needs to do and does it well. Only downside is when the information isn't good enough, but that's down to the train operators not the developer. Just got even better by introducing full resolution support for iPhones 6 and 6 Plus. Superb.