UK Train Times
By Agant Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“There are a few apps that aim to help you navigate public transport in the UK, but this one stands head and shoulders above the rest.” - iPod User magazine
“A train traveller’s godsend.” - PC Advisor Magazine
“Our favourite feature is Next train home that looks up your nearest station and checks the time of the next train you can catch to your home station.” - MacFormat magazine
UK Train Times provides real-time journey planning for journeys across the National Rail network and live departure information for all National Rail stations. This is a fully-licensed application powered by National Rail Enquiries’ real-time data feeds.
- Powerful real-time journey planner for single or return journeys across the National Rail network, with departure platform information (where available).
- ‘Next Train Home’ feature automatically finds your nearest station and plans your journey home.
- If you’re searching for trains today, you’ll be told about any delays or cancellations to your chosen trains and given the option to find alternative journeys.
- Live departures and arrivals at all National Rail stations, with platform information (where available*) and live train progress.
- Add multiple stations to the app’s Home Screen for one-touch access to their live departures. Simply choose a station in ‘Live Departures & Arrivals’ and hit the Add Favourite button to create a new favourite.
- Share journey information by SMS or email, or add it to your calendar.
- Automatically find your nearest stations or select one of your recently used stations, and then find directions via the iPhone’s Maps application.
Please note that the Live Departure and Journey Planner features require an active mobile network connection when starting a new search, but recent Journey Planner search results are automatically saved for use when outside of mobile network coverage.
* Platform number information is not available for all stations in UK Train Times. To find out if a particular station will display platform numbers in the application’s “Live Departures & Arrivals” section, please view that station in the Live Departures and Arrivals section of the nationalrail.co.uk web site. If platform information is displayed on the web site, it will also be displayed in UK Train Times.
UK Train Times uses analytics to collect aggregate, non-personally-identifiable usage data. For more information, visit http://agant.com/analytics.
What's New in Version 1.9
- Fully updated for iOS 7's new interface
- New icon design
Easy to use and efficient
I live in London and travel by train quite a lot. The departure board feature is very useful for finding out the times of trains immediately, seeing any delays, and checking out any alternative trains. You can see where the train you want to catch is at the moment, and all the places it stops. If you click on one of those stops, the app displays the departures board for that station, so you can very quickly check out any possibilities to change trains.
It works very smoothly and efficiently on 3G or E. It does not work well if you only have a GPRS signal, but that may be more a problem with iOS than the app itself. You would not have thought it would need a lot of bandwidth to refresh the information it needs. On the train of course, you often have a poor digital signal.
Been using this app for a number of years now. Never been disappointed. Does what it says on the tin.
To the chap who gave it one star for giving him the wrong platform number for "the most important train of his life" - ummm, seriously? You didn't check when you got to the station? You didn't read the departures board? Wow! 😟
I look on the platform number as a bonus, but I always check when I arrive. If I'm really late I run for the platform that the app shows knowing that I won't have time to check the departures board. It's never let me down yet and I've caught quite a few trains because of it 😊 👍
I use this app daily - allows me to plan my travel ahead - work out last train options - remembers favourite journeys so I can search them quickly - walk straight to the platform and catch trains I might otherwise miss. I write this review as I just accidentally downloaded a different app with the same logo onto my new phone and found it useless in comparison. Relieved to spot that this app still exists and hasn't been taken over by idiots. Phew!