UK Train Times
By Agant Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“There are a few apps that aim to help you navigate public transport in the UK, but this one stands head and shoulders above the rest.” - iPod User magazine
“A train traveller’s godsend.” - PC Advisor Magazine
“Our favourite feature is Next train home that looks up your nearest station and checks the time of the next train you can catch to your home station.” - MacFormat magazine
UK Train Times provides real-time journey planning for journeys across the National Rail network and live departure information for all National Rail stations. This is a fully-licensed application powered by National Rail Enquiries’ real-time data feeds.
- Powerful real-time journey planner for single or return journeys across the National Rail network, with departure platform information (where available).
- ‘Next Train Home’ feature automatically finds your nearest station and plans your journey home.
- If you’re searching for trains today, you’ll be told about any delays or cancellations to your chosen trains and given the option to find alternative journeys.
- Live departures and arrivals at all National Rail stations, with platform information (where available*) and live train progress.
- Add multiple stations to the app’s Home Screen for one-touch access to their live departures. Simply choose a station in ‘Live Departures & Arrivals’ and hit the Add Favourite button to create a new favourite.
- Share journey information by SMS or email, or add it to your calendar.
- Automatically find your nearest stations or select one of your recently used stations, and then find directions via the iPhone’s Maps application.
Please note that the Live Departure and Journey Planner features require an active mobile network connection when starting a new search, but recent Journey Planner search results are automatically saved for use when outside of mobile network coverage.
* Platform number information is not available for all stations in UK Train Times. To find out if a particular station will display platform numbers in the application’s “Live Departures & Arrivals” section, please view that station in the Live Departures and Arrivals section of the nationalrail.co.uk web site. If platform information is displayed on the web site, it will also be displayed in UK Train Times.
UK Train Times uses analytics to collect aggregate, non-personally-identifiable usage data. For more information, visit http://agant.com/analytics.
What's New in Version 1.9.2
Updated for iOS 9 compatibility.
Bold text = No times
I thought this bug would have been fixed by now but hasn't, so now I feel the need to rate. I, amongst others, payed for this app and would expect small bugs like this be fixed - there's not even a reporting feature within the app.
I use bold text and therefore since the update, can no longer see departure times. The main list on journey planner is fine but as soon as I go into each specific journey, nothing. I've used this app for a very long time - since it's 'National Rail' title and find it brilliant but this bug is very nearly forcing me to go elsewhere.
Please fix ASAP!
Warning - Do Not Upload this Update
Further to my previous review, if you have an iPhone 4S do not upload the latest update. It will crash.
To the Avant Developers - you've not only ignored my emails but it appears you've ignored other people's too. Please as a matter of urgency reload the previous update to the AppStore so we can all get this app working again. We rely on this app to get to and from work, and the last 10 days have been hard enough without being unable to determine what trains are or aren't running. Please roll back the update ASAP.
Please sort out 'Bold Text' issue!
This was wonderful and my most used app. I am visually impaired and cannot see departure boards at stations so this really gave me independence. But since installing ISO 9 I have had to turn off 'Bold Text' in order to see the minutes. This obviously affects everything else on my phone and makes it inaccessible for me as I struggle to see text that is not bold. Please sort this out for us visually impaired people who really rely on your app!!