UK Wine Tax Calculator
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
** Duty rates confirmed for the March 2017 budget **
- Named as one of The Guardian's "Ten Wine Apps to help you buy the perfect bottle" (by David Williams - November 2013) -
When you spend £5.00 on a bottle of wine in your local supermarket, would you be surprised to know that well over half the price is tax?
The ‘UK Wine Tax Calculator’ shows you exactly how much money you give the government every time you buy a bottle of wine.
The app does the hard work for you – just enter the price you paid, select the alcohol level of the wine, and whether it’s still or sparkling, and the app will give you the answer.
- Discover what percentage of the bottle cost is tax
- Understand how much you’re paying for the actual wine in the bottle
- Learn what bottle price gives you better value
- Find out if the retailer is selling the wine below the cost of duty + VAT.
The ‘UK Wine Tax Calculator’ uses current figures available from HM Revenue and Customs, so the results are only valid for sales in the United Kingdom. We will deliver an update to the app when tax levels change.
What's New in Version 2017
Duty rates updated for the March 2017 UK Budget
Info page updated with revised details
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: 20 March 2017
- Version: 2017
- Size: 1.9 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Pen & Drink Ltd
- © 2010 Pen & Drink Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.