The uLIBRARY app makes it easy to browse, borrow and listen to your library's eAudiobooks and read their eBooks on your smart phone or tablet.
You can use uLIBRARY if your library has joined our digital service. Download from the App Store for FREE and log-in with your library membership details to access your library's collection of our eAudiobooks and eBooks.
- Easy to browse by format and genre
- Search by title, author, narrator, and genre
- Each eAudiobook has an audio preview
- eBooks have a preview
- See how many titles you have available to borrow and how many you have on loan at any time
- Borrow or, if out on loan, reserve for later
- Receive automatic notification of when reserved titles become available (requires email details)
- Receive automatic notification when nearing end of loan period (requires email details)
- Receive automatic notification if a title has been borrowed but not yet downloaded (requires email details)
- Renew eAudiobook and eBook loans (if title has not been reserved by another user)
- Return eAudiobook and eBook loans before the loan period expires
- Title automatically deletes from your My Account screen on loan expiry, so no more overdue fees
- Full list of previously downloaded titles always available
- Listen offline
- Automatically saves your current position in book
- Lock screen widget for quick and easy access to playback controls of eAudiobook
- Play eAudiobooks in the background whilst using other apps
- Read offline
- Built in eReader
- Bookmark your page
- Change font and font size, including ability to use dyslexic specific fonts
We hope our eAudio and eBooks give you many hours of listening and reading pleasure.
Fixes download bug for iPad users
Ratings and Reviews
New and improved
Great app, great content. More audio coming?
Developer Response ,
Many thanks for the review, I'm glad that you're enjoying the app. I can confirm that we do have an extensive catalogue that your library can purchase from. If you email firstname.lastname@example.org with your library details and title request we can forward this information to your library.
Although in theory I can borrow a book from my local library and listen to it on my iPad, most of the time this has not been possible as the app intermittently logs me out and I need to return to the library for an Internet connection in order to access my book again. Very annoying as the book has downloaded to my iPad and is taking up my limited free space.
Additionally, when I do get back in I have to find my place in the book again as this does not seem to be recorded. Not helpful when the audio tracks have different format to the chapters so there is no obvious correlation.
There doesn't seem to be a 'settings' or 'help' section where I can resolve this so I will not be using the app or service again.
I updated this app - it was tolerable before but now it’s almost impossible to use. When downloading, you have no idea whether it’s actually downloading or whether it’s got stuck as there’s no progress indicated. I have returned books but they still show as ‘return’ only so can’t borrow them again. Yes, is makes you log-in each time you go anywhere near it. It has forgotten I downloaded books and have to go through it again. The selection process is clunky.
If I could get the alternative to work, I would.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for providing this feedback, I'm pleased to confirm that our developers have worked on the issues that you raised and the updated app (version 5.0) has fixed these.
- Ulverscroft Group Limited
- 50.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Ulverscroft Large Print Books Ltd.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.