Ulster Bank NI
By Royal Bank of Scotland
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With the Ulster Bank Mobile Banking app, managing your money on the move is easy, fast and secure.
• Get Cash from your account at any Ulster Bank Northern Ireland, RBS, NatWest, EasyCash, or Tesco cash machine without your Debit card
• Pay bills & Pay Your Contacts
• Transfer money between your Ulster Bank accounts
• Check your balance and your statement
• Find your nearest cash machine or local branch with Near Me
• Business customers can check balances for most Ulster Bank Northern Ireland business accounts
Other things you need to know:
- Get Cash lets you take out up to £250 per day from our UK cash machines, when you have at least £10 in your account (including any overdraft facility). There is a maximum limit of two Get Cash withdrawals a day, but only one cash code can be provided at a time. Each code expires after 3 hours. The amount you ask for will also need to be within the daily withdrawal limit for your debit card.
- With ‘Pay Your Contacts’ you can pay anyone else who has the Ulster Bank Northern Ireland Mobile Banking app using just their UK mobile number. We’ll send them a text to tell them you’ve sent them money and it goes into their account straight away. You can send up to £250 a day.
- You can also pay someone using Pay Your Contacts who doesn’t have our app but does have a valid UK Visa debit, credit or prepaid card as well as a UK mobile. We’ll send them a text message to let them know the money is waiting, and a link to click. Separately, you will have to let them know how much you’ve sent them. Once we’ve notified your contact, they have seven days to collect a payment. When they follow the link in the message, enter their Visa card number and the amount they’re expecting from you, we’ll deposit the money in their account the next business day. Once they’ve collected the payment and your balance has been debited, we’ll send you a text message. You can send up to £250 a day.
To use ‘Pay Your Contacts’ customers must have available funds in their account (including any overdraft). Limits are independent of daily withdrawal and Get Cash limits.
- You can enable Touch ID when it is offered at login after you’ve upgraded to the latest version of our Mobile Banking app. Or you can choose to enable it any time in future through the ‘More’ menu of the app. You can use Touch ID only on iPhone 5S, 6 or 6 plus devices with an iOS 8 or higher operating system.
How to Register
To use the Ulster Bank Northern Ireland Mobile Banking app, you need to have an Ulster Bank Northern Ireland Personal current account and Anytime Internet Banking, be over 11 and have a UK mobile number starting with 07.
Once you’ve downloaded the app, registering is simple. All you need to hand is your Anytime Internet Banking customer number, PIN and password to access the app straight away.
Not got a Anytime Internet Banking customer number? Get a reminder or sign up for Anytime Internet Banking at ulsterbank.co.uk/anytime
If you have an existing iPhone app and also want to use it on multiple iPhones, we will recognise your mobile number during registration so you don’t need to register again. Simply select option one ‘Existing user’ on your iPhone and login using your existing passcode. If you’re having trouble with your app please call the helpdesk on 0345 366 7001. Calls may be recorded.
Standard data charges may apply. Contact your network operator for details.
To enjoy all of the features listed you will need to accept the following permissions:
- Network communication for connectivity
- Your location to find your nearest cash machine or branch
- Access to your contact list to allow you to ‘Pay Your Contacts’
What's New in Version 4.0.0
This time round we have made we have made the following changes on the iPhone app:
• You can now view direct debits that you have set up.
• You can now view standing orders that you have set up.
• Previously you needed to have at least £25 available funds in your accounts to use Get Cash, upon receiving your feedback this has now been reduced to £10.
Touch IS broken in update
Latest update disables Touch ID to sign in, and it doesn't seem to be possible to re-enable it?
When I try, I need to log out, then back in again, but when I try again, I'm told to log out and back in yet again. Continually sent in circles. Sort it out guys!
Pretty impressed with the app apart from this, just 2 features I would love to see:
1. The ability to transfer *from* your savings account.
2. An alert message during maintenance (like on the anytime banking page), instead of thinking that the app is hanging.
Other than that, great little app, would recommend to all Ulster Bank users.
- Category: Finance
- Updated: 15 April 2015
- Version: 4.0.0
- Size: 12.5 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: RBS
- © Copyright 2004 - 2014 Monitise Group Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.