Unicode Character Map FREE
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Select and copy characters from your iPhone and iPad to all your applications!
This app shows you all the characters from the Unicode character set that are supported by iPhone and iPad. It excludes all those that routinely appear as little boxes on these devices.
Simply tap the character to copy it to the clipboard.
This app makes it so easy to send emoticons, stars, hearts, music notes and other symbols in text messages and emails.
- see only those characters supported by iPhone and iPad
- easily find characters from other alphabets including Greek, Cyrillic, Gujarati, Arabic, Hebrew and Braille
- search for a particular character using its individual name (eg, theta, check)
- or browse the name of the block (eg, dingbats, number forms, arrows)
- easy-to-browse and well-presented character list - simply scroll down!
- select one character to copy, or build an infinite string, using the options
- save frequently used characters to the favourites bar
Use the ad-supported version free of charge or buy the ad-free version today!
What's New in Version 1.1
• Search by Hex and Decimal Codes
• Hex and Decimal Codes now displayed
• iPad 3 Retina Support
• Bigger Floating Window
• Character Name on 2 Lines
• Some missing characters at the end of each group now visible.
Just what I needed!
When I first got my iPad I was disappointed to find that I couldn't insert subscript/superscript characters into Pages. A bit of a problem given I do both maths and science at college and it's a feature I use a lot.
Downloaded this app and its great, search for the subscript or superscript section and tap the character you want. Then simply paste it into Pages!! Great!
Two minor issues, searching is very slow - sometimes taking a few seconds to recognise that I've actually pressed the letters on the keyboard!
Secondly the lack of subscript letters (at least I haven't found them!)
Next update please???
Other than that - would really recommend this app, great for science and maths students especially!
Very good. One small request.
The app is very good and does what it says on the tin. The 1 star reviewer clearly didn't understand what the app was. Reading the description isn't hard. As for reliability, it seems to work perfectly on iOS 6 on my iPhone 5.
I use the app to write out IPA on the phone. If it were possible to copy a string of characters instead of one at a time, that'd be incredibly useful and possibly enough to justify getting the paid version. I don't know how easy it'd be, but a custom IPA keyboard I could select in any app across the phone would be outstandingly useful.
I thought this app was amazing the symbols were exactly what I was looking for but try and include the deathly hallows symbol and scar and glasses! People would defiantly use them!! Thanks
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 07 September 2012
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 0.5 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Ben Robinson
- © ben-robinson.ciom
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.