Union is an elegant image blending tool that lets you create superimposed, silhouetted, and double-exposed photos.
*** From the creators of Fragment, Tangent and Matter, previous App Store Editors' Choice and App of the Week ***
Here's how it works.
1. Load a background image, solid color, or transparent layer
2. Load a foreground image, solid color, or shape
3. Efficiently erase areas of the foreground image using Union’s palette of intuitive, user-friendly tools
4. Adjust the position and size of the foreground image to reach desired composition
5. Make color adjustments on the background and foreground so they blend seamlessly
6. Save your work in full resolution and share your work with friends
Also included in Union is Pixite Source, a free resource for professional quality images, textures, and overlays that you can use in your edits. Union invites professionals and hobbyists alike to explore image blending and photo editing.
Updates for 1.5.6:
Fix for missing buttons in projects view on narrow device screens e.g. iPhone SE/5S/5
Updates for 1.5.5:
You can now flatten your background, foreground and mask layers to your foreground layer. Enjoy!
- Fix for sorting photos in each album.
- Fix for sometimes crashing on project loads
As always, Union has Apple Pencil support.
Ratings and Reviews
Two pictures are better than one with this sophisticated image editor, which lets you blend photos to make artistic new creations. Just choose a foreground and background image, then adjust and enhance them to make eye-catching double-exposures, silhouettes—almost any combination you can imagine. Smart erasers, custom brushes and robust editing tools make it easy to remove the picture elements you don’t want while achieving just the right effects with those you do.
Many of the photo-management apps are so complicated and high-end that you need a degree to understand how to use them when all you really want is a "messing around" app. I use this to doctor photos for club newsletters etc and it's fantastic. There are other apps with many more bells and whistles but this is relatively easy to pick up and use (you need a modicum of understanding of how photo managers work) and I think it's great!!!
Union is a good photo editing app and I've made some good photo composites. The magic wand tool is a bit too fiddly though and you really have to take your photos against a plain background for it to be useful. As a result I've had to do lots of careful manual erasing. A lasso tool would be useful. The results are good though.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.