Urbanspoon (by Zomato) for iPhone is the #1 FREE app dedicated to helping you find the best food and dining experiences at over a million restaurants.
Featured in the New York Times, PC Magazine, Mashable, and the Sydney Morning Herald.
Urbanspoon is used by millions of App Store users every week to find nearby restaurants with honest restaurant ratings and reviews by consumers and food critics. Whether you’re craving the top-rated cheap eats in your neighborhood or you’re trying to discover a great meal while you travel, Urbanspoon is the best app to help “eat like a local” and find food fast!
• Top rated app with over 20 million total mobile installs
• Discover Restaurants - compare food choices by rating, distance, and cuisine
• Sort and map by popularity or distance within our restaurant directory
• Quickly find restaurant info such as phone numbers, addresses and driving directions, hours of operation, or find and book a table
• Browse menus and photos of menu items and restaurant locations
• Make reservations at any OpenTable (US & Canada), or Dimmi (Australia), or Bookatable (UK) restaurant
• Browse Online Restaurant Guides by critics, foodies, and people like you
• Easily change your location to research where to eat while you travel
Available in the US, Canada, and most major cities in Britain and Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand.
If you have any questions, please check out our FAQ at https://www.urbanspoon.com/faq
Learn more about Zomato at https://www.zomato.com
Thank you for using Urbanspoon!
We regularly update the app to improve your experience in finding the best places to eat.
Ratings and Reviews
Could be far better
App owners need to concerntrate on getting more places on board, the app has huge potential but is at an early stage. In the future I'd like to see the ability to reserve a table or even arrange a take-away to be delivered. But for now, unless you live in or find yourself eating in the major cities often, you'll unfortunately find yourself deleting this app pretty quickly for your area is likely to not have coverage..
Note to app owners:
Just a thought, have you tried approaching Yell or others to obtain a database containing restaurant info to upload? I'm unsure of whether currently the restaurant is being charged to place an add with you, but due to current climate, money may be a little thin on the ground.. How about turning the payment system around? - I'd certainly pay for the app if it had decent listings, and I'm sure others would too.
Great Ap, location issue appears sorted
I read many reviews all saying the same, great ap if you live in London. However, I live near Bolton Lancs and this ap has found plenty of restaurants within this region. I would have rated 5* but I did not succesfully download any reviews from any trials, even using wi-fi instead of 3G. I can see me using this ap a huge amount as it adds variety when considering where to eat. All this for free! Download and try, it doesn't matter if your region doesn't appear, but I think the developers have resolved that issue already!
Great App (if you understand what Urbanspoon is about)
There seems to be a misunderstanding about what this app is about. It is simply a mobile interface to an existing website where the database is user-maintained. If a restaurant is missing, add it and write a review for someone else to read!! That's the whole point.
I have added photos, menus and reviews on the website and use the app in conjunction with this to both add info and read others.
There are just some features missing from the mobile app that are available on the website.
- Zomato Media Pvt. Ltd.
- 49.3 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, Indonesian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Slovak, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 Urbanspoon
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.