USA TODAY for iPhone
By USA TODAY
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
* Winner of the 2014 Webby for Best News App (Tablet & All Other Devices)
All the USA TODAY content you love in a sleek new design, updated 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on your iPhone and iPod Touch.
Did you know you can:
- Manage your Breaking News alerts by section (News, Sports, Life, Money, or Tech) in your iPhone/iPod Touch’s Settings > Notifications menu
- Add Weather locations by tapping the ‘Info’ button
- Change your background color and font size in Settings > Article Display Options
- Download stories for Offline Reading in Settings > Offline Mode
- If you are running an older iOS, we offer the last compatible version of the USA TODAY app in App Store App Store (iOS5 and lower)
This app features:
- Simple, unified drop-down navigation. Easily move between articles in a section with a swipe gesture.
Headlines and Breaking News
- Browse and read stories from News, Money, Sports, Life, Tech and Travel. Watch related videos, enlarge images and share stories via Facebook, Twitter, email or text message. Get notified of breaking news via a breaking news banner in News and by subscribing to push notifications.
- Review the latest sports scores for NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS, college football and college basketball. Filter college scores down to your favorite conferences.
- Flip through the day’s best photos from news, sports and celebrities. Check out the latest editorial cartoons from around the country. Share your favorite photo galleries with friends.
- Get live weather conditions and the five-day forecast for your favorite locations. Pinch and zoom your interactive weather radar map (radar for U.S. locations only).
- Scan through USA TODAY Snapshots, vote on the related poll questions and review responses from other users by filtering the results down to your current state and city (U.S. cities only).
- Upload your videos and photos inside the USA TODAY app and share them instantly with the nation. Also, check out the Featured section in Your Take and see a stream of videos and photos from contributors across the USA.
Please contact us anytime with feedback or questions: email@example.com or on Twitter @usatodaymobile. For additional information, please visit http://www.usatoday.com/iphone.
What's New in Version 2.5.7
Apple Watch Support
We’ve enhanced the USA TODAY iPhone app to give readers quick access to the day’s most important stories and breaking news items from their watches. The watch app displays the top 5 trending stories in real time, plus a breaking news story when applicable. It allows you to quickly skim the most important stories whenever you have a free moment. Force touch exposes a menu where you can save the article in a quick-access list on your phone to read the full story the next time you launch the phone app.
You may also receive push notifications for breaking news and other topics directly on your watch. Hold up your wrist to view details and save to your phone.
• Top News Carousel: See the top 5 most viewed stories, updated in real-time. The concise format-just the top 5 stories-is perfectly suited for “snacking” whenever you have a free moment.
• Breaking News: Major events are highlighted first in the carousel, delivered as they unfold.
• Story Summary: Get more than the headline by swiping up for a brief description.
• Save to Phone: Force touch to save this story to your reading list on your phone. Everything is collected in one place and ready when you sit down to read.
- Category: News
- Updated: 20 April 2015
- Version: 2.5.7
- Size: 25.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Developer: USA TODAY
- © 2015 USA TODAY, a division of Gannett Co. Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.