Riot.im: open source collaboration via Matrix
By Vector Creations Limited
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Welcome to Riot.im: a new world of open communication!
Riot.im is a simple and elegant collaboration environment that gathers your different conversations and app integrations into one single app.
Built around group chatrooms, Riot.im lets you share messages, images, videos and files - interact with your tools and access all your different communities under one roof. One single identity and place for all your teams: no need to switch accounts, work and chat with people from different organisations in public or private rooms: from professional projects to school trips, Riot.im will become the center of all your discussions!
• Instantly share messages, images, videos and files of any kind within groups of any size
• See who's reading your messages with read receipts
• Email notifications of missed messages and invites
• Voice and video calling and conferencing
• End-to-end encryption using Olm (https://matrix.org/git/olm)
• Communicate with users anywhere in the Matrix.org ecosystem - not just Riot.im users! Including bridged apps and networks like Slack, IRC and Gitter (more coming soon!)
• Discover and invite users by email address
• Participate in guest-accessible public rooms
• Highly scalable - supports hundreds of rooms and thousands of users
• Fully synchronised message history across multiple devices and browsers
• Finely configurable notification settings, synchronised over all devices
• Infinite searchable chat history
• Interact with bots and integrated third party applications like GitHub, Jira and Jenkins (more to come soon!)
• Permalinks to messages
• Full message search
• Excellent support for all iOS device sizes and orientations
• Riot.im is a Matrix client - built on the Matrix.org open standard and ecosystem, providing interoperability with all other Matrix compatible apps, servers and integrations
• Entirely open sourced under the permissive Apache License - get the code from https://github.com/vector-im/riot-ios. Pull requests welcome!
• Trivially extensible via the open Matrix Client-Server API (http://matrix.org/docs/spec)
• Run your own server! You can use the default matrix.org server or run your own Matrix home server (e.g. http://matrix.org/docs/projects/server/synapse.html)
• Add your own integrations, bridges and bots!
• Screen sharing
• Login as multiple users at the same time
The web version of Riot.im is available at https://riot.im/app/
Riot.im. Break through.
What's New in Version 0.5.3
By popular demand, Riot now has a dark theme! Flip it on in settings to make the display easier on the eyes at night time, for dark places or just for extra stealth. Also it'll save some battery power if you happen to have a phone with the appropriate type of screen...
We also fixed a crash that happened the first time you try to send a photo.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: 06 September 2017
- Version: 0.5.3
- Size: 60.0 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Russian
- Developer: Vector Creations Limited
- © New Vector Ltd., 2017
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.