The Joining Forces Veterans Mental Health App is designed for Veterans of the British Armed Forces, providing information on mental health problems and highlighting where to get help. The lead clinician who fronts the app, Psychiatrist Dr Martin Deahl, who is also a serving Territorial Army Colonel, said:
“We are extremely pleased with the feedback for our award nominated joining forces app and the request for something similar for service veterans. This new app has real potential to contribute to helping understand mental health issues, de-stigmatising and providing support”.
South Staffordshire and Shropshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust are part of the national veterans network across the NHS and other providers.
- Information updates
Ratings and Reviews
So glad to see something like this... however, with mental health being such an important and relevant subject these days the developer has a regular responsibility to ensure the links to help lines and sites are up to date. Other than that, superb and shared with all my colleagues, family and friends
I project managed this app. I am veteran. Feedback from veterans who have used it has been exceptional. Videos said to be very powerful.
- South Staffordshire and Shropshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- 4.1 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2015 South Staffordshire and Shropshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.