Sony's TV remote control app Video＆TV SideView will make your TV viewing experience more enjoyable.
Using a smartphone or tablet, you can use the app as a TV remote control for the home.
- Key features
1. Turn your smartphone and tablet into a quick remote controller
- Video & TV SideView official site
- Compatible device list
Sony TV Bravia
Sony Blu-ray DiscTM / Sony DVD Player
Sony Blu-ray DiscTM / Sony DVD Home Theatre System
Sony Streaming Player / Sony Network Media Player
- Additional information
1. “Video & TV SideView” will work only if your mobile device and your home device are connected to the same wireless network.
2. Some functions and services may not be supported by certain home devices.
3. Some functions and services may not be supported in certain regions/countries.
- Improving the quality of operation
Thank you for using Video & TV SideView.
Ratings and Reviews
Remote works very well
The app does a good job of replacing a Sony remote. There are two issues worth noting though. First is there is a small time delay when sending the signal to the TV. It’s fractions of a second but noticeable in practice. The second is more annoying in that the app loads in to a menu which since discontinuing most of it’s original features, serves no purpose. So you have to go to settings or tap a tiny icon in the top corner to access the remote itself - which is the only thing the app does! The reverse should be true - launch into remote with option to go to settings etc within it. I understand that some people may have multiple devices and would need to select which one they want to control, but an option to choose one by default would be a simple fix.
Either way it’s free and does as much if not more as other TV remote apps that charge so can’t really complain!
For a remote it’s great
If you’re like me and have the clumsiest partner in existence then remote controls don’t last long.
All I’m using this for is the remote control function, I find it faster and more responsive than the physical one and less likely to end up in a washing machine. Props to Sony on this one they could have forced me to buy a new remote!
Used to work, now doesn’t. Thanks Sony
It used to work but now I get the message saying to connect to my home network. Yeah, I am connected to my home network (proof is that the app can see my home server).
If there’s no fix for this then the app is completely pointless (after stripping almost all the other functionality out a while ago)
- Sony Video & Sound Products Inc.
- 100.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2013-2019 Sony Video & Sound Products Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Player £4.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.