ViewRanger GPS - Hiking, Walking, Mountain Biking & Road Bike Trails with GPS Navigation & Offline OS Maps
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Discover thousands of inspiring trail guides, download detailed Ordnance Survey® maps, and navigate your outdoor adventures with ViewRanger’s integrated navigation system. Share your adventures and inspire others to discover new places! Perfect for exploring mountain peaks or simply days out in the countryside.
Used and trusted by over 200 search and rescue teams.
'The Great Outdoors'- Best Buy 5 stars
'The Sunday Times'- selected ViewRanger as one of their "five-star must have applications, in their guide to the best apps of the year.
'T3 Magazine'- The ultimate off road GPS guide software that not only takes you places, but shows you what’s there on arrival!
DOWNLOAD ORDNANCE SURVEY® MAPS
- Great Britain Ordnance Survey® Explorer 1:25,000 & Landranger 1:50,000 maps for the most detailed maps.
- Global street and terrain mapping from OpenStreetMap® and OpenCycleMap.
- Ski piste map, Transport map, Bing Aerial Imagery.
Additional premium topographic maps are also available for Europe, USA, Canada and New Zealand.
DISCOVER INSPIRING TRAIL GUIDES
- Create and follow your own routes or download routes from our massive library of expert- and community-generated walks and rides.
- Routes are published on ViewRanger by guide book publishers, outdoor brands, tourism agencies, and users like you!
- Active route navigation system which uses your phone’s GPS.
- Bearing, distance and estimated time to next waypoint and to end of route, grid references in several formats, spot altitude, altitude gain / loss and navigate to points of interest.
WORKS WITHOUT MOBILE SIGNAL
- The app uses your device's GPS, and does not need data or mobile signal to locate you on a map, record your track, or follow a route. Maps are stored on your phone so they work offline.
RECORD YOUR ADVENTURE
- Record your track, see your track live on the map as you advance and share the completed track with friends.
- Add photos to your track along the way from Flickr and Instagram.
- View track stats such as distance, speed, altitude and many more.
SHARE YOUR LOCATION
- BuddyBeacon™ is a unique PIN-protected real-time location sharing and tracking system which allows you to share your location with friends and family.
GO LONGER WITH POWER SAVE MODE
- ViewRanger lasts even longer in power save mode, letting you spend more time out on the trail.
ACCESS VIEWRANGER ON PC & MAC
- View your maps and plot routes in advance on PC or Mac using the route-plotting tools on my.viewranger.com, then synchronize these routes to your phone.
SYNCHRONIZE YOUR DEVICES
- If you want to view your maps, routes and tracks using ViewRanger on another device, or you’ve lost your phone, just log into a new device using your ViewRanger account details and synchronize the app.
- Navigate your trail and view track stats on your wrist with Apple Watch™.
- Record a new track and pause or stop an existing track recording with Force Touch.
- Customise the app’s interface colour.
- By accessing your Apple Health data, ViewRanger can give you even more detailed information about your activity, including the number of steps you’ve walked and your heart rate (when using Apple Watch™ or Bluetooth 4.0 enabled devices).
- Tracks recorded from your walks, cycle rides and other activities in ViewRanger can be saved to Apple Health as workouts.
Like us on Facebook or Follow us on Twitter for the latest news and updates:
Need more info? visit: http://www.viewranger.com
Support page: http://www.viewranger.com/en-us/support
Any questions or feedback, please drop us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Free Global maps © OpenStreetMap contributors.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Some features such as BuddyBeacon, viewing online maps, browsing route suggestions, downloading maps and routes requires an internet connection.
What's New in Version 6.1
Now you can use the Apple Health App with ViewRanger:
By accessing your Apple Health data, ViewRanger can provide you even more detailed information about your activities and your ViewRanger tracks can be added to Health App.
- View heart rate data from Apple Watch™ or Health App compatible Bluetooth 4.0 sensors. Heart rate will be shown in the live track statistics page during your activity, stored with your track, and can be reviewed in your track details.
- View Step Count data from Health App compatible apps and devices including Apple Watch™. Step count will be shown in the live track statistics page during your activity and is stored with your track.
- Tracks recorded from your walks, cycle rides and other activities in ViewRanger can be saved to Health App as workouts.
Please ensure that you allow ViewRanger to read and write data from and to Apple Health to make the most of this new feature.
In ViewRanger go to Settings >Apple Health >Connect >Turn the switches on and tap allow.
Step data can also be gathered from iPhones that include a motion coprocessor these include:
iPhone 5s, iPhone 6 / 6S and iPhone 6 / 6S Plus.
- It’s easier and quicker to sign in, create a ViewRanger account and synchronize your data.
- New interactive route heads make it easier to select the route you require on the map in the route discovery tab.
- Some small visual enhancements and bug fixes.
If, like I was, you are faffing around on countless reviews pages wondering whether a free phone app could really function as well as a fancy dancy new gps gadget then fear not ViewRanger works! And works exceptionally well. Not yet used it in the deepest darkest corners of the Highlands but certainly way off the beaten track around the Borders it has been a joy. Accurate, fluid intuitive functions absolutely would recommend.
Viewranger is much better than Memory Map! Using the Viewranger app along with the 'My Viewranger' website you can search for and plan routes thoroughly, join the community and upload/sync your own routes, and much more. Viewranger is a fantastic app for planning and navigating walks/hikes.
Hard to beat
After finding you way around this app , it is truly amazing, very accurate and responsive on the hill , using this as my main gps and my garmin is now my back up .
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: 21 September 2015
- Version: 6.1
- Size: 19.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, French, German, Spanish
- Developer: Augmentra Ltd
- © Augmentra Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Top-up (S) credit for maps and routes£5.99
- Top-up (L) credit for maps and routes£14.99
- Top-up (M) credit for maps and routes£8.99
- GB National Parks - North England and North Wales£3.99
- Map and route credit (46 credits)£0.79
- SE England (The South East)£8.49
- Lake District National Park£28.99
- Map and route credit (100 credits)£1.49
- West Country of England£8.49
- Peak District National Park£21.99