ViewRanger GPS – OS Maps, Trail Navigation and Route Tracking for Walking, Hiking, Mountain Biking & Road Cycling
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
It's easier than ever to discover inspiring route guides with ViewRanger 6. The new update features a fresh design and layout. View active navigation and trip data on your wrist with Apple Watch. Navigate your outdoor adventure, Ordnance Survey maps and 1000's of trail guides. Perfect for exploring mountain peaks or simply days out in the countryside. Used and trusted by 90% of UK mountain and lowland search and rescue teams.
'The Great Outdoors'- Best Buy 5 stars
'The Sunday Times'- selected ViewRanger as one of their "five-star must have applications, in their guide to the best apps of the year
'T3 Magazine'- The ultimate off road GPS guide software that not only takes you places, but shows you what’s there on arrival!
FREE MAPS INCLUDED
● OpenStreetMap© & OpenCycleMap
● Bing Aerial Imagery, Ski map, Transport map
● GB Ordnance Survey overview map and 1:250.000 road atlas for England, Wales & Scotland.
Premium topographic maps are avalible for other countries across Europe, North America and also for New Zealand.
● GPS mapped location, even without mobile signal
● Offline maps* - download premium maps or create a saved map.
● Discover 1000's of route guides via the new discovery tab
● Track recording - record your journey on the map share it and even add photos.
● Sports computer stats - view distance, speed, altitude and much more.
● Real time location sharing and tracking - BuddyBeacon **
● Active Route Navigation***
● Create - POIs and tracks using waypoints.
● ViewRanger lasts even longer - powersave mode in the GPS settings
● Synchronise the app - Upload / download routes and tracks.
● Customise your profile - add profile and banner images.
● Personalised route suggestions.
● Now supports Apple Watch - active navigation and trip data on your wrist.
Already a fan of ViewRanger? Like us on Facebook or Follow us on Twitter for the latest news and updates:
Free Global open-source topographic maps are available online and can be cached for offline use. Download Great Britain Ordnance Survey® Explorer 1:25,000 & Landranger 1:50,000 maps for the most detailed maps. With ViewRanger, you can choose the best map to use and you'll always know your mapped location even where there’s no mobile signal.
It’s easy to record a track of your progress, so you can view your path and stats for every trip. Your tracks can be stored using your free web account (my.viewranger.com) or shared using Facebook or Twitter, you can even add photos using Flickr, Instagram and Picasa.
You can also use BuddyBeacon, our PIN protected real-time** location sharing feature as used by the BBC One shows Children in Need rickshaw challenge team.
Planning a trip? Use ViewRanger to create & follow your own routes or simply download one from our massive library***.
Designed for hiking, walking, mountain biking, road cycling, climbing, trail running, skiing, winter sports, horse riding, greenlaning, 4x4, backpacking, air sports, photography and most outdoors activities.
*store in advance using 'Create Saved Map'. ** requires mobile signal. *** may incur additional charges. Free Global maps © OpenStreetMap contributors .
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Need more info? visit: http://www.viewranger.com.
Any questions or feedback, please drop us an email: email@example.com
What's New in Version 6.0.6
- Place search issues for Spain now resolved.
- Route editing menu no longer disappears when the map is panned.
- Accessing route details from the map now uses new design.
- Minor interface updates and bug fixes
Great but have a back up
I tested this from beginning to end in connection with a trip on Saturday from Capel Curig to Llanberis in North Wales on Saturday. I created the route on the iphone, although this was fine, some kind of snap to route would be good as it was quite fiddly and I had to make a lot of waypoints along the way. Using it for the route, I started by using the apple watch and although generally the watch pointed in the right direction, given the high level of wp's I made if I walked past them it would point back, on these occasions I referred back to the iphone. The sounds were good, I could hear them ok and I reset the tolerance enroute for the trail margins to stop it alarming too much. Approaching wp's was a big moral boost. It was raining heavy and both piece of kit bore up (thankfully) and I had about 20% battery life left in the iphone 6+. I will definitely take a map or back up gps though next time as you vulnerable left just to your phone. We had walked for 9.5 hours and it involved heavy use, so that's good overall. This was the best device / gps I have ever used and although I need to get more familiar with it, it helped in difficult conditions and across a tricky area to navigate (Glyder summits) and we had full confidence all day. I would like to see more functionality pushed towards the apple watch on future releases.
I never write reviews but for this app and my experience of it I have made an exception.
So my experience of it involves doing the 3 peaks challenge in the UK. Even with no signal or 3G this app was able to tell me where we were. One of the points I didn't expect to have to rely on it was on Ben Nevis. The last 1km of the climb was on pure snow and ice, no path or cairns visible. With this app I was able to get to the trig point, without the app it would've been like looking for a needle in a lot of snow!
So in conclusion if you want an app that is good for tracking you on amateur to higher level hill/mountain climbing then this is definitely the one. It is also fairly simple to use and plot routes etc.
Comes highly recommended from this user! 5 stars all round
I swapped to this after using a competitor product for a few years, so I already had an investment in maps dumping that and starting again was not a decision I took lightly.
But this GPS software is the best I have used on an iPhone. It doesn't eat the battery anywhere near as quickly as I have previously experienced. It has a fairly short learning curve and is straightforward to operate. An impressive and growing list of routes available if a little on the pricy side for this service. The web services are great for managing your routes and creating new ones.
All in all very impressed.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: 10 June 2015
- Version: 6.0.6
- Size: 11.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, French, German, Spanish
- Developer: Augmentra Ltd
- © Augmentra Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Top-up (S) credit for maps and routes£5.99
- Top-up (L) credit for maps and routes£14.99
- Top-up (M) credit for maps and routes£8.99
- GB National Parks - North England and North Wales£3.99
- SE England (The South East)£8.49
- Lake District National Park£28.99
- Map and route credit (46 credits)£0.79
- GB National Parks - South England and South Wales£2.99
- West Country of England£8.49
- SW Peninsular of England (Devon & Cornwall)£8.49