ViewRanger GPS (Premium) - OS Maps, Trail Navigation and Route Tracker for Hiking, Skiing & Cycling
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Navigate your outdoor adventure, Ordnance Survey maps and 1000's of trail guides to explore. Perfect for exploring mountain peaks or simply days out in the countryside. Used and trusted by 90% of UK mountain and lowland search and rescue teams.
"As seen on Channel 5’s The Gadget Show" - awarded 5G's
"The Sunday Times"- selected ViewRanger as one of their "five-star must have applications, in their guide to the best apps of the year
"T3 Magazine"- The ultimate off road GPS guide software that not only takes you places, but shows you what’s there on arrival!
FREE MAPS INCLUDED
● OpenStreetMap© & OpenCycleMap
● Bing Ariel Imagery, Ski map, Transport map
● GB Ordnance Survey overview map and 1:250.000 map for England, Wales & Scotland
Includes your first credit pack of 1000 credits.
Premium topographic mapping also available for many other countries.
● GPS mapped location, even without mobile signal
● Offline map mode* – store in advance using “Create Saved Map”
● Access to 1000's of route guides
● Track recording – view your path on map to keep or share, even add Flickr photos
● Sports computer stats – view distance, speed, etc.
● Real time location sharing** – BuddyBeacon (requires data connection)
● Active Route Navigation***
● Powersave mode in the GPS settings
● Synchronises with web account for route planning, publishing and sharing.(my.viewranger.com)
● Share with Facebook & Twitter
Already a fan of ViewRanger? Like us on Facebook or Follow us on Twitter for the latest news and updates:
Free Global open-source geographic maps are available, streamed over data connection and can be cached for offline use. Download Great Britain Ordnance Survey® Explorer 1:25,000 & Landranger 1:50,000 maps.
With ViewRanger, you can choose the best map to use and you'll always know your mapped location even where there’s no mobile signal.
It’s easy to record a track of your progress, so you can view your path and stats for every trip. Your tracks can be stored using your free web account (my.viewranger.com) or shared using Facebook or Twitter, you can even add photos using Flickr. You can also use BuddyBeacon, our PIN protected real-time** location sharing feature as used by the Children in Need rickshaw challenge team.
Planning a trip? Use ViewRanger to create & follow your own routes or simply download one from our massive library of expert and community generated walks and cycle rides***. Our expert guided routes are created by publishers, outdoors magazines and tourist boards.
Designed for Hiking, Backpacking, Mountain Biking, Cycling, Climbing, Skiing, Snowboarding, Horse riding, Greenlaning, 4x4, Off roading, Quad biking, ballooning, Micro light flying, Paramotor, Photography and most outdoors activities. It’s used & trusted by over 150 Search & Rescue teams across Europe and the USA.
Paid for Map choice available in over 22 countries:
Great Britain Ordnance Survey, Ireland (OS Ireland and OS NI), Germany (BKG), France (IGN), USA (USGS/Accuterra), Austria and Liechtenstein (Kompass), Belgium (IGN/NGI) Canada (NR Can), Czech Republic (DPA), Finland (NLS), Netherlands (Kadaster), New Zealand (LINZ), Norway (Statkart), Slovenia (NMA) Spain (CNIG), The Canaries Islands (Discovery Walking), Sweden (Lantmäteriet)), Switzerland (Swisstopo), Denmark (Geodatastyrelsen), Madeira, Greece (TERRAIN Editions SA), Slovakia, (DPA), and parts of Italy.
*store in advance using “Create Saved Map”. ** requires mobile signal. *** may incur additional charges
Free Global maps © 2012 OpenStreetMap, CC-BY-SA & contributors.Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Need more info? visit: http://www.viewranger.com.
Any questions or feedback, please drop us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 4.5.1
- Fix for when alert prompts are triggered.
- Local sound files now play correctly.
- Improved support for iPhone 6/6+, now uses the full screen resolution
- Improved account registration
- Now even easier to get the premium map tiles you need.
- Added ability to change user profile picture and first and last names from the user account menu
- Audio guides now play online as well as offline content at waypoints
- The app can open a wider range of links.
- Added localised iOS 8 location services messages
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 04 February 2015
- Version: 4.5.1
- Size: 6.0 MB
- Languages: Catalan, En, French, German, Spanish
- Developer: Augmentra Ltd
- © Augmentra Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Top-up (L) credit for maps and routes£14.99
- Top-up (S) credit for maps and routes£5.99
- Top-up (M) credit for maps and routes£8.99
- GB 1:25K Map Pack (Medium) £12.99
- Lake District National Park£28.99
- Peak District National Park£21.99
- SE England (The South East)£8.49
- GB 1:50K Map Pack £12.99
- S Highlands of Scotland (Southern Highlands & Hebrides)£8.49
- West Country of England£8.49