ViewRanger Outdoors GPS & OS Maps (Premium) - Adventure Sports Trail Navigation and Route Tracker
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ViewRanger is the complete offline mapping, navigation & guided trail service for Outdoor Enthusiasts. The app & free web tools will help you at every stage of your adventure, so it’s easy to plan trips, gives you peace of mind when you’re out on the trail and helps you to store & share your experiences.
"As seen on Channel 5’s The Gadget Show" - awarded 5G's
"The Sunday Times"- selected ViewRanger as one of their "five-star must have applications, in their guide to the best apps of the year
"T3 Magazine"- The ultimate off road GPS guide software that not only takes you places, but shows you what’s there on arrival!
FREE MAPS INCLUDED
● OpenStreetMap© & OpenCycleMap
● Bing Ariel Imagery, Ski map, Transport map
● GB Ordnance Survey 1:250.000 map for England, Wales & Scotland
This premium version comes with 1000 credits to spend in-app on licensed maps and trail guides.
Premium topographic mapping also available for many other countries.
● GPS mapped location, even without mobile signal
● Offline map mode* – store in advance using “Create Saved Map”
● Track recording – view your path on map to keep or share, even add Flickr photos
● Sports computer stats – view distance, speed, etc.
● Real time location sharing** – BuddyBeacon (requires data connection)
● Active Route Navigation***
● Powersave mode in the GPS settings
● Synchronises with web account for route planning, publishing and sharing.(my.viewranger.com)
● Integrated with Facebook, Twitter
Free Global open-source geographic maps are available, streamed over data connection and can be cached for offline use. Download Great Britain Ordnance Survey® Explorer 1:25,000 & Landranger 1:50,000 maps.
With ViewRanger, you can choose the best map to use and you'll always know your mapped location even where there’s no mobile signal.
It’s easy to record a track of your progress, so you can view your path and stats for every trip. Your tracks can be stored using your free web account (my.viewranger.com) or shared using Facebook or Twitter, you can even add photos using Flickr. You can also use BuddyBeacon, our PIN protected real-time** location sharing feature as used by the Children in Need rickshaw challenge team.
Planning a trip? Use ViewRanger to create & follow your own routes or simply download one from our massive library of expert and community generated walks and cycle rides***. Our expert guided routes are created by publishers, outdoors magazines and tourist boards.
Designed for Hiking, Backpacking, Mountain Biking, Cycling, Climbing, Skiing, Snowboarding, Horse riding, Greenlaning, 4x4, Off roading, Quad biking, ballooning, Micro light flying, Paramotor, Photography and most outdoors activities. It’s used & trusted by over 100 Search & Rescue teams across Europe and the USA.
Paid for Map choice available in over 22 countries:
Great Britain Ordnance Survey, Ireland (OS Ireland and OS NI), Germany (BKG), France (IGN), USA (USGS/Accuterra), Austria and Liechtenstein (Kompass), Belgium (IGN/NGI) Canada (NR Can), Czech Republic (DPA), Finland (NLS), Netherlands (Kadaster), New Zealand (LINZ), Norway (Statkart), Slovenia (NMA) Spain (CNIG), The Canaries Islands (Discovery Walking), Sweden (Lantmäteriet)), Switzerland (Swisstopo), Denmark (Geodatastyrelsen), Madeira, Greece (TERRAIN Editions SA), Slovakia, (DPA), and parts of Italy.
*store in advance using “Create Saved Map”. ** requires mobile signal. *** may incur additional charges
Free Global maps © 2012 OpenStreetMap, CC-BY-SA & contributors.Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Need more info? visit: http://www.viewranger.com. Any questions or feedback, please drop us an email: email@example.com
What's New in Version 4.3.0
- 2-way syncing for routes and tracks. (Until now it has been 1-way, uploading tracks and downloading routes.)
- Map loading is faster
- User names / emails are optionally saved in GPX files
- iOS 7 user interface changes
- re-styling and some layout changes
Very impressed with the latest update, map redraw (zoom, scroll) at all scales is considerably improved on both iPhone and iPad.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 31 March 2014
- Version: 4.3.0
- Size: 7.0 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, French, German, Spanish
- Developer: Augmentra Ltd
- © Augmentra Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Top-up (L) credit for maps and routes£14.99
- Top-up (S) credit for maps and routes£5.99
- Top-up (M) credit for maps and routes£8.99
- GB 1:25K Map Pack (Medium) £11.99
- Lake District National Park£27.49
- SE England (The South East)£7.49
- West Country of England£7.49
- C/W Scotland (Central & Western)£7.49
- SW Peninsular of England (Devon & Cornwall)£7.49
- S Highlands of Scotland (Southern Highlands & Hebrides)£7.49