Virgilio: Eneide for iPad
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The great Latin epic poem, Virgilio: Eneide (Aeneid by Virgil, or Publius Vergilius Maro), a foundamental text of the latin literature in the new series of annoteBook for iPad by Dathlon, in the Italian classical translation by Annibal Caro and Giuseppe Albini.
This is another annoteBook by Dathlon for iPad, with a new version optimized for the “magic” tablet. The reader has been redesigned to make full use of the screen’s real estate, and maintains all the functionalities already present in the iPhone version. With the new engine the reading experience is more involving, while the powerful functionalities of the applications can be used in a more simple way. For instance, you can produce a PDF document for a single book with your notes, and send it by mail. Or you can exchange your notes with your friends.
Unique in its features:
• Four books in one: the original greek text and the classical italian translations by Annibal Caro and Giuseppe Albini;
• FAST SWITCH: you can switch between the original latin version and you preferred italian translation and vice versa, simply by tapping a button!
• Index of books.
Personal notes can be written for each verse.
• Notes can be saved on a computer/copied from a computer (in this way they can be transferred to another copy of the Aeneid). Requires wi-fi connection.
• Automatic bookmark: by reopening the application you will be automatically repositioned where you left the reading.
• Unlimited annotable bookmarks on single lines.
• Word search, in latin text also, with powerful search engine.
• In-application e-mail of the of the books, also in PDF format, with the option of including the personal annotations!
• Additional resources, with index of characters and places and plot of the poem.
• Easy reading with a choice of font sizes.
• Choice of background page color for reading under different light conditions
• Verse numbers can be shown or hidden.
Please note: The work is only in Latin + Italian.
What's New in Version 1.3
Fixed a text scrolling issue introduced with iOS 8 and 8.1.
In the current version it may be necessary to repeat the search for a word or a proper name to get the correct text placement.