Make purchasing a train ticket the least stressful part of your route planning with the Virgin Trains West Coast app. Because who really has the time to grapple with confusing train booking sites? Certainly not those, such as yourself.
And for true railway glory you’ll need our stream-lined, user-friendly and predictive Virgin Trains app in your pocket. Newly updated and raring to keep your rail journeys on track. Let us take all the fuss out of train travel, for free.
Easily discover real-time train information for all stations across Britain. It is accurate down to the platform your train will be resting at. Buy the cheapest train tickets (for up to eight people at once) securely, with no hidden booking fees.
Plus, you can create a personal Virgin Trains account and let our nifty train app predict your next journey, and at the cheapest ticket price. You’ll even have the option to send yourself an e-ticket to your mobile or collect a physical train ticket from any FastTicket machines.
Book Cheap Train Tickets:
• Buy train tickets for any train anywhere in the UK (with no booking fees).
• Buy last minute tickets up to 10 minutes before a train departs and for up to eight people at once.
• Save money by getting in on early train booking for cheaper rates.
• Book a train route as well as your preferred departure time all in one simple scroll-happy step.
• Our slick new look makes all the difference to your booking experience. Its clean and simple interface allows you to navigate bookings with ease.
Check live train times quickly:
• Use the live trains section to see real-time updates on train movements across Great Britain.
• Check departure times, including which platform your train will be on.
• You can get up-to-date information for any delays on the rail network.
Plan and save routes:
• Log into your personal Virgin Trains account to keep an easy record of your train journey history.
• We like to make planning your trip as smooth as your journey itself. We’ve made it easy to book the best price for your outbound and inbound train journeys in one stream-lined process.
Predictive train ticket suggestions:
• Registering a Virgin Trains account will mean booking your next ticket will be just be one touch away.
• Our intuitive interface will try to predict the best train ticket for you, based on your previous routes and current location. Next stop: glory.
The updated Virgin Trains app is segmented into the following sections:
• Find Trains
• My Tickets
• Live Train Times
• My Account
• Previous Journeys
• Last search
• Next ticket
Track Virgin Trains on Social Media:
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirginTrains
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/virgintrains/
• Virgin Trains Site: https://www.virgintrains.co.uk/
Found a hitch or a glitch in our app? Then don’t hesitate to let us know. We’re always open to helpful suggestions and thrive on striving for the next level of your train booking needs. So please do get in touch with our tech wizards at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are constantly taking your feedback on board to make our app better and faster with every release. This release has focused on performance enhancements & bug fixes.
Keep watching for the next releases, there are some neat features coming up soon!
Ratings and Reviews
Why am I still using this app?
Well, I live in Scotland and I should be using ScotRail app instead, and I’m using this one instead, and I’ll keep using it, because it’s better. It works, for once (don’t take it for granted!). Every tab in the app has a function and it works (except the very first tab, it’s useless, they could easily plug these favourites somewhere right under the search form instead of occupying the whole tab I never switch to anyway). But the main thing, when I need train times, I can get it with this app. When I need the platform number, I can get it. When I need to plan a longer journey, it works. And in ScotRail app, I would open the search form, I tap the field to enter the station, and the field won’t open. So, you people down in England should be grateful, for you have the app that actually works. Stop complaining.
Thanks for your feedback, it’s really helpful.
We listen to all the feedback we receive and have passed your comments on to our developers who are working hard behind the scenes to add new features and improve the App experience.
The Virgin Trains Team
Virgin Trains Don’t Care About Their Vision Impaired Customers Using Voiceover
I have engaged with Virgin Trains before on the lack of accessibility. I even sent them a video complete with screen recording and my commentary on what the problems were around accessibility. I also said they were in breach of the equality act 2010. Turns out they were more interested in researching as to whether or not they were in breach by doing nothing to make the app more accessible than just going ahead and fixing the issues. They also sent me a voucher for a first class return ticket for flagging up the issues... I didn’t use the voucher as I thought it was morally reprehensible to do so given that the app is pretty much inaccessible to this day. Even some of the train managers on the regular journey I take with Virgin are amazed that the company they are so passionate about is so unconcerned as to equal access to all areas of the services they provide. Oh well... I’ll just keep using TrainLine I guess and having to pay them an admin fee for my ticket but, at least they have complete accessibility to their app.
Why am I still using this app?
Still I persevere with this app, awful update after awful update. This was once a terrific app that showed a plethora of tickets and clearly indicated their prices. Now we see a page with 4/5 tickets which are not always price accurate and actually sometimes hides trains that will then appear if you refresh the page. The app is slow, the updates are minor and essentially useless. The whole UI overhaul has not grown on anyone, so either change it back or try something different.
The ‘my tickets’ tab is painfully slow, it’s so embarrassing waiting quite literally minutes at times while the conductor is looking at you thinking you haven’t paid. Oh, and why do I only have 1 ticket in there at a time? It is only showing my next journey, not the tickets afterwards, so I cannot remind which journeys I have actually booked.
I really don’t know why I still use this, I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone. I think I’m finally done with this app.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.