Virgin Trains Tickets
By Virgin Trains
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Train travel – some say with all the different times and fares and ticket types and all that, it can be a little bit confusing (and we’d agree with them too), especially when you want to find out info on the train you want to catch.
Well thanks to our top technical geniuses, we’ve got a new and improved app which will make your travel experience with us so simple you’ll wonder how you lived without it. Check train times, plan journeys and buy tickets for any train anywhere in the UK (with no booking or credit card fees too!). And best of all, it’s 100% totally and utterly free.
Plus, book yourself on one of our swanky Virgin Trains and get your ticket sent straight to your mobile. No fuss, no queuing, no printing – it’s your ticket delivered directly into your pocket.
Also, want to see if your train is on time? You can see real-time info on how any train is running across Britain, and even which platform it will arrive into at your station.
· Search times and fares for any train to any destination in the UK.
· Buy tickets up to 10 minutes before you want to depart.
· Book for up to 8 people at once.
· Totally secure booking.
· Absolutely no hidden booking or credit card fees (we hate those!)
· Get tickets sent straight to your mobile or collect from our FastTicket machines.
· Log-in to your account so you only need to enter your details once.
· Check live departures/arrivals info to see how your train is running, before you even get on it.
· And you get all this for the one-off payment of... nothing! Free things are always the best things in life.
We’re big fans of our app, and we plan to keep on improving it even more in the future. Our brainy types are working on new features all the time to make your travel experience with us easier than ever before. But if you’ve got that million-dollar idea, that missing nugget of genius that we haven’t included in our app, then tell us! Found a hitch or a glitch in our app, then let us know. We’re open to suggestions and we want to hear what’d make it better for you. So please get in touch at App@virgintrains.co.uk
What's New in Version 1.88
- You can now save your regular searches as favourites, just select the star to add after your first search.
- The popular Two Together railcard is now easier to find
- We’ve made design improvements to make selection of multi passengers clearer
- Improvements to support iOS8 , iPhone 6 and 6+
As well as all of our Advance m-tickets, we are now offering m-tickets on some routes in the North West (between Preston and Carlisle) for Anytime and Off-peak ticket types.
Thanks for all your feedback, we’ll keep listening.
No access to discounted tickets
At looking to book tickets to London from Liverpool the price the app offers starts at £161, on the full website the tickets are offered at £15 early reservation cost, although you do need to navigate around the full website to find these prices. After a while of going through the app I am unable to find these lower priced fares and unable to book a table seat. The e-ticket is useful but also if booked through the main website the feature on the app is unavailable! Needs linking and the best prices offering both on main website and the app. Unlikely to reuse this until a better, more updated and fair booking system is in place on it!!
Very well put together app
Can book tickets very easily, get quick access to the ticket references for collection, and the journey manager is incredibly handy!
Always room for improvements though - it would be nice if you could get one touch access to the journey manager for your next/current journey based on scheduled times; ability to handle refunds in app would be amazing too.
Could be amazing
Considering you now control the two mainlines north of London, I'd have expected a great app from you guys.
It works fine and does the job, but could have a far nicer layout and be in far more detail. Would be good to also pick seating preferences and stuff in detail, have it linked to my account with proper preferences and settings, as well as to Nectar. Finally, having a 'route via' option would be really helpful as well as live updates!
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 13 February 2015
- Version: 1.88
- Size: 13.7 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: West Coast Trains Ltd
- © 2014 Masabi
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.