Virgin TV Anywhere
By Virgin Media
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** TiVo® REQUIRED - THIS APP IS EXCLUSIVE TO VIRGIN MEDIA CUSTOMERS WITH TiVo® ***
Got Virgin Media TiVo® Service on your telly? Meet Virgin TV Anywhere. It lets you watch live TV, wherever you connect to WiFi, on your iPad, iPod touch or iPhone. What’s more, you can manage your recordings on the move, as well as search, browse, discover and share what you’re watching. Plus, you can use it at home as a clever remote control and keep everyone happy.
Highly Commended 2015 CSI Awards - Best TV Everywhere / Multiscreen Video
Winner 2015 TV Connect Awards - Best TV Everywhere Service
Winner 2014 TV Connect Awards - Best Multiscreen Service
Winner 2014 TV Connect Awards - Best Live Online TV Service or Solution
Winner 2013 & 2014 Connected TV Awards – The Companion and Second Screen Prize
- Watch live TV on the move, when you’re connected to WiFi
- Browse the TV guide to see what’s on, up to 14 days in the future, and browse shows from up to 7 days ago
- Set recordings for TV shows, movies and even Series Links
- Browse and manage your recordings in My Shows
- Speed up the way you search and browse. Use your device’s keypad, rather than the remote
- Share what you’re watching or planning to watch on Facebook and Twitter
- Find out more about the cast and crew
- At home, transform your device into a second TV screen or a clever remote control
WHAT YOU NEED:
- An iPhone, iPod touch or iPad with WiFi internet and a TiVo® box
TO USE AT HOME:
- Simply connect your TiVo® box to your router or Super Hub using an Ethernet cable or Powerline kit
- Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to the same home network via Wi-Fi
YOUR WIRELESS NETWORK:
You'll need to set up your wireless network and wired connection yourself, but don't worry – it's simple. You'll find lots more help on your TiVo box in:
- Home > Help & Settings > Help
- Or go to virginmedia.com/help/tivo to find out more
Copyright ©2010 TiVo Inc. All rights reserved. TiVo and the TiVo logo are registered trademarks of TiVo Inc. and its subsidiaries worldwide.
What's New in Version 3.1.4
UI improvements and bug fixes
You may be required to re-register your device when you watch TV
Hit or miss
Thought this had the potential to be truly great. It should have all the functionality of the Sky app but it doesn't. Maybe Sky had it right when it had several different apps to do separate tasks. This tries to do the lot but fails. When it works it is good but all too often it states there is high demand and crashes. Not good enough. Virgin claim to have the best broadband but it's no good if their own servers can't handle the demand on them. I'd like to give this a higher rating and will do if they sort out the availability issues.
Update: Too often it states in the guide that not available during Xmas schedule!!! Really?? When paper to guides have been printing it weeks prior!!! Also, please can we have more than 2 devices allowed for registering. 4 would be okay so all my family can access. 2 is just plain mean.
Initially the app would let you stream without a Wi-Fi connection but now it has disabled the option to stream on a cellular network. Its annoying considering I get unlimited data on the Three network and in most places I get faster speeds on my 4G plan than I would do if I had to connect to a public Wi-Fi connection! The app doesn't recognise my iPad as a registered device even though I registered it months ago! And when I try to remove my device and re-add it I receive an error message saying there's something wrong with my device even though its a 5 month old iPad Air (1st gen)! Also, allowing only 2 devices to be registered is miserly! Until this problems are addressed I will not be recommending this app to anyone but my enemies!
Ok when it works
The functionality is all there. But it often locks out and requires a restart. When using the remote you can't turn the phone screen off without disconnecting the remote so it will eat battery life.
It is much slower than the sky alternative both in the app and the set top box.
The connection to the Netflix app leaves a lot to be desired.
A couple of weeks ago it didn't work at all and wouldn't log in and I had to delete and reinstall the app.
Get it working reliably and I'll give it 5 stars! Then make the set top box faster and I'll probably renew my contract when it's done.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: 07 December 2015
- Version: 3.1.4
- Size: 35.3 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Virgin Media Limited
- © 2011 Virgin Media Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.