Virgin TV Anywhere
By Virgin Media
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** TiVo® REQUIRED - THIS APP IS EXCLUSIVE TO VIRGIN MEDIA CUSTOMERS WITH TiVo® ***
Got Virgin Media TiVo® Service on your telly? Meet Virgin TV Anywhere. It lets you watch live TV, wherever you connect to WiFi, on your iPad, iPod touch or iPhone. What’s more, you can manage your recordings on the move, as well as search, browse, discover and share what you’re watching. Plus, you can use it at home as a clever remote control and keep everyone happy.
Winner 2014 TV Connect Award - Best Multiscreen Service
Winner 2013 Connected TV Awards – The Companion and Second Screen Prize
- Watch live TV on the move, when you’re connected to WiFi
- Browse the TV guide to see what’s on, up to 14 days in the future, and browse shows from up to 7 days ago
- Set recordings for TV shows, movies and even Series Links
- Browse and manage your recordings in My Shows
- Speed up the way you search and browse. Use your device’s keypad, rather than the remote
- Share what you’re watching or planning to watch on Facebook and Twitter
- Find out more about the cast and crew
- At home, transform your device into a second TV screen or a clever remote control
WHAT YOU NEED:
- An iPhone, iPod touch or iPad with WiFi internet and a TiVo® box
TO USE AT HOME:
- Simply connect your TiVo® box to your router or Super Hub using an Ethernet cable or Powerline kit
- Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to the same home network via Wi-Fi
YOUR WIRELESS NETWORK:
You'll need to set up your wireless network and wired connection yourself, but don't worry – it's simple. You'll find lots more help on your TiVo box in:
- Home > Help & Settings > Help
- Or go to virginmedia.com/help/tivo to find out more
Copyright ©2010 TiVo Inc. All rights reserved. TiVo and the TiVo logo are registered trademarks of TiVo Inc. and its subsidiaries worldwide.
What's New in Version 3.1.3
- Bug fixes and new icon
Just when you need it the most it lets you down with a message to sign in because of high demand and then it don't let you sign in. why I ask myself and why should high demand stop it working surely virgin have the capacity to cope with high demand after all we are talking about television here. Message says try again in a few mins but dam thing ain't worked all night load of crap.
Still doing the same thing can't watch the snooker tonight that's to virgins crap app. If I could give a minus star score I would it would be at least - 5 as much for poor support than anything
Serves a purpose
I love the fact that I can remotely set, stop & delete recordings for both boxes in the house even when away & as a spare remote (no volume control)
but not being able to watch what you've recorded on your device for me kind of defeats the purpose of 'anytime'.
The only reason the new logo bothers me is its not obvious that it's Virgin tv so now have to look for it on screen. It's no big deal, just inconvenient.
Best app I've used so far
Fantastic that I can record and view shows when I'm not even home and the fact that my phone doubles up as a remote is an absolute bonus with 3 kids in the house the remote always seems to get lost or batteries have been swiped.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: 27 February 2015
- Version: 3.1.3
- Size: 24.2 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Virgin Media Limited
- © 2011 Virgin Media Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.