Virgin TV Anywhere
By Virgin Media
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** TiVo® REQUIRED - THIS APP IS EXCLUSIVE TO VIRGIN MEDIA CUSTOMERS WITH TiVo® ***
Got Virgin Media TiVo® Service on your telly? Meet Virgin TV Anywhere. It lets you watch live TV, wherever you connect to WiFi, on your iPad, iPod touch or iPhone. What’s more, you can manage your recordings on the move, as well as search, browse, discover and share what you’re watching. Plus, you can use it at home as a clever remote control and keep everyone happy.
Highly Commended 2015 CSI Awards - Best TV Everywhere / Multiscreen Video
Winner 2015 TV Connect Awards - Best TV Everywhere Service
Winner 2014 TV Connect Awards - Best Multiscreen Service
Winner 2014 TV Connect Awards - Best Live Online TV Service or Solution
Winner 2013 & 2014 Connected TV Awards – The Companion and Second Screen Prize
- Watch live TV on the move, when you’re connected to WiFi
- Browse the TV guide to see what’s on, up to 14 days in the future, and browse shows from up to 7 days ago
- Set recordings for TV shows, movies and even Series Links
- Browse and manage your recordings in My Shows
- Speed up the way you search and browse. Use your device’s keypad, rather than the remote
- Share what you’re watching or planning to watch on Facebook and Twitter
- Find out more about the cast and crew
- At home, transform your device into a second TV screen or a clever remote control
WHAT YOU NEED:
- An iPhone, iPod touch or iPad with WiFi internet and a TiVo® box
TO USE AT HOME:
- Simply connect your TiVo® box to your router or Super Hub using an Ethernet cable or Powerline kit
- Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to the same home network via Wi-Fi
YOUR WIRELESS NETWORK:
You'll need to set up your wireless network and wired connection yourself, but don't worry – it's simple. You'll find lots more help on your TiVo box in:
- Home > Help & Settings > Help
- Or go to virginmedia.com/help/tivo to find out more
Copyright ©2010 TiVo Inc. All rights reserved. TiVo and the TiVo logo are registered trademarks of TiVo Inc. and its subsidiaries worldwide.
What's New in Version 3.1.3
- Bug fixes and new icon
What a waste of time
Having been with sky for around 6 years prior to joining Virgin last year, I can barely put into words how astounded I am at the complete garbage that is virgin "anywhere". Not even close to skygo which is superior on EVERYTHING way. Regularly have difficulty connecting, do not have my full channel range, on demand is difficult to navigate and many channels inexplicably require wifi access, rendering the term TV anywhere an utter nonsense. I complained about how poor this was to Virgin many months ago when I first joined and am disappointed to say that it is still shocking. I'm astounded that in this modern era a company challenging against a competitor the likes of sky does not at least match their functionality, and should really be improving it. It really is one of the worst mobile TV apps on the market
One of many reasons to leave Virgin
After being with Virgin for 11 years I have eventually walked away and joined Sky. This app is simply abysmal. Even after years of complaints, Virgin have stood idle and not listened to the feedback and basically provided a sub standard service compared to Sky. Shame on you Mr Branson. Would have preferred to back a British company but when the comparison is chalk and cheese then it's a no brainer. The Sky TV service is miles better as well as their ability to control price. Apart from the broadband -fibre optic which has kept me strapped to Virgin, the two big companies clearly have a gulf between them and the choice is not only clear but simple to make. Sorry Virgin. You made it easy and this app... Well... Just another kick in the slats for your loyal customers. Bye.
Ok for remote recording
The Virgin TV anywhere app should be renamed to "Virgin Remote Record" since this is all it can do that actually works! The TV streaming which is a big selling point and the only thing that can make it a rival to the likes of Sky Go..... Is a massive let down since you can't actually watch anything without a very annoying step back every 10 seconds or so by about 3 seconds, regardless of internet speed of which mine is 152 meg!! So should not be a problem! Seriously Virgin you really should read these reviews since it's obvious you don't given the time it's gone on for with not even a hint of movement in the right direction or acknowledgment of a problem!!!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: 27 February 2015
- Version: 3.1.3
- Size: 24.2 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Virgin Media Limited
- © 2011 Virgin Media Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.