Virgin TV Anywhere
By Virgin Media
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** TiVo® REQUIRED - THIS APP IS EXCLUSIVE TO VIRGIN MEDIA CUSTOMERS WITH TiVo® ***
Got Virgin Media TiVo® Service on your telly? Meet Virgin TV Anywhere. It lets you watch live TV, wherever you connect to WiFi, on your iPad, iPod touch or iPhone. What’s more, you can manage your recordings on the move, as well as search, browse, discover and share what you’re watching. Plus, you can use it at home as a clever remote control and keep everyone happy.
Winner 2015 TV Connect Awards - Best TV Everywhere Service
Winner 2014 TV Connect Awards - Best Multiscreen Service
Winner 2014 TV Connect Awards - Best Live Online TV Service or Solution
Winner 2013 & 2014 Connected TV Awards – The Companion and Second Screen Prize
- Watch live TV on the move, when you’re connected to WiFi
- Browse the TV guide to see what’s on, up to 14 days in the future, and browse shows from up to 7 days ago
- Set recordings for TV shows, movies and even Series Links
- Browse and manage your recordings in My Shows
- Speed up the way you search and browse. Use your device’s keypad, rather than the remote
- Share what you’re watching or planning to watch on Facebook and Twitter
- Find out more about the cast and crew
- At home, transform your device into a second TV screen or a clever remote control
WHAT YOU NEED:
- An iPhone, iPod touch or iPad with WiFi internet and a TiVo® box
TO USE AT HOME:
- Simply connect your TiVo® box to your router or Super Hub using an Ethernet cable or Powerline kit
- Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to the same home network via Wi-Fi
YOUR WIRELESS NETWORK:
You'll need to set up your wireless network and wired connection yourself, but don't worry – it's simple. You'll find lots more help on your TiVo box in:
- Home > Help & Settings > Help
- Or go to virginmedia.com/help/tivo to find out more
Copyright ©2010 TiVo Inc. All rights reserved. TiVo and the TiVo logo are registered trademarks of TiVo Inc. and its subsidiaries worldwide.
What's New in Version 3.1.3
- Bug fixes and new icon
The only thing this app is good for is recording remotely. Anything you can watch seems to be available from the channel provider anyway so it isn't linked to your package and you can 'watch TV anywhere'. Can't watch your recorded programmes but I can see them, try and select to watch and then it doesn't work plus it keeps telling me my device isn't working. Sky has a much better service than Virgin. Very very disappointing and a waster of whatever effort went in to building this service. Don't bother, it doesn't work. Tried no stars - HAD to give it a star to post a review but it's not even worth 1 star.
Sort it out Virgin
I haven't been able to download the app all day, it just says unable to download. Also someone made a good comment about it not working over mobile connection, why would this be? Sky go works on a mobile connection, and what about all of that have all you can eat data? It's not gonna affect us, come on Virgin, pull your finger out
Just when you need it the most it lets you down with a message to sign in because of high demand and then it don't let you sign in. why I ask myself and why should high demand stop it working surely virgin have the capacity to cope with high demand after all we are talking about television here. Message says try again in a few mins but dam thing ain't worked all night load of crap.
Still doing the same thing can't watch the snooker tonight that's to virgins crap app. If I could give a minus star score I would it would be at least - 5 as much for poor support than anything
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: 27 February 2015
- Version: 3.1.3
- Size: 24.2 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Virgin Media Limited
- © 2011 Virgin Media Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.