Virgin TV Anywhere
By Virgin Media
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** GOT VIRGIN TV? THEN THIS APP IS FOR YOU ***
Meet Virgin TV Anywhere. This clever app lets you watch different things side by side, on a compatible device. Or in another room. Or even take the telly you love on the go. Wherever you have WiFi.
If you have a TiVo box, you can also use the app to set up Series Link+, manage your recordings, bookmark shows and turn it into a super smart remote. Keep reading to see how.
Highly Commended 2015 CSI Awards - Best TV Everywhere / Multiscreen Video
Winner 2015 TV Connect Awards - Best TV Everywhere Service
Winner 2014 TV Connect Awards - Best Multiscreen Service
Winner 2014 TV Connect Awards - Best Live Online TV Service or Solution
Winner 2013 & 2014 Connected TV Awards – The Companion and Second Screen Prize
As a Virgin TV customer, this app lets you:
• Watch up to 120 live TV channels
• Watch a range of Box Sets
Got a TiVo box? Then this app also lets you:
• Control your TV – if your device is connected to the same home network as your Hub. You can turn your device into a handy remote control, easily scroll through the channels, see what’s on, then flick it to your main TV screen. Magic!
• Manage your recordings – set up a Series Link+ from anywhere in the world when you’re connected to the internet
• Speed up the way you search and browse. Search using your device’s QWERTY keypad, rather than the remote, and without taking over the big screen to discover great new shows & rediscover old classics.
WHAT YOU NEED:
• Virgin TV
• An iPhone, iPod touch or iPad, running iOS 8 or later, with WiFi internet
• Your My Virgin Media username and password.
For security reasons, and to protect the rights of our content partners, Virgin TV Anywhere cannot be used on jailbroken devices, where unauthorised modifications have been made to the operating system.
TO USE AT HOME AS A REMOTE CONTROL FOR YOUR TIVO BOX:
• Simply connect your TiVo® box to your router or Hub using an Ethernet cable or Powerline kit
• Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to the same home network via WiFi (not 3G or 4G)
If you’re having any issues or have further questions check out the following links.
For more information about how the app works, have a look at our information pages http://store.virginmedia.com/discover/tv/tvanywhere/app/intro.html
View our iOS Help page by selecting Help in the main menu in the app.
If you have any issues, you can also talk to the experts on the TV Anywhere forum http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-Anywhere/bd-p/TVA/
Copyright ©2016 TiVo Inc. All rights reserved. TiVo and the TiVo logo are registered trademarks of TiVo Inc. and its subsidiaries worldwide.
What's New in Version 4.0
• Watch Catch Up and Box Sets – at home or on the go
• Set Series Link+ recordings and bookmarks to watch your favourite shows later
• Now available to all TV customers, not just TiVo customers
• Improvements and bug fixes
• New ‘What to Watch’ feature to see what’s popular on live TV or On Demand
Poor since the update
The app now frequently logs you out. Having to re-input credentials this often is extremely tedious.
I huge leap back from the previous version. Laggy constantly having to log on even when in the app. Unable to view on demand films as before. Very poor
Had worked fine before yesterday. Now it just keeps asking me to log in or shows my account details. Re loaded app but still not working.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: 25 October 2016
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 64.0 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Virgin Media Limited
- © 2011 Virgin Media Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.