Virgin TV Anywhere
By Virgin Media
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** TiVo® REQUIRED - THIS APP IS EXCLUSIVE TO VIRGIN MEDIA CUSTOMERS WITH TiVo® ***
Got Virgin Media TiVo® Service on your telly? Meet Virgin TV Anywhere. It lets you watch live TV, wherever you connect to WiFi, on your iPad, iPod touch or iPhone. What’s more, you can manage your recordings on the move, as well as search, browse, discover and share what you’re watching. Plus, you can use it at home as a clever remote control and keep everyone happy.
- Watch live TV on the move, when you’re connected to WiFi
- Browse the TV guide to see what’s on, up to 14 days in the future, and browse shows from up to 7 days ago
- Set recordings for TV shows, movies and even Series Links
- Browse and manage your recordings in My Shows
- Speed up the way you search and browse. Use your device’s keypad, rather than the remote
- Share what you’re watching or planning to watch on Facebook and Twitter
- Find out more about the cast and crew
- At home, transform your device into a second TV screen or a clever remote control
WHAT YOU NEED:
- An iPhone, iPod touch or iPad with WiFi internet and a TiVo® box
TO USE AT HOME:
- Simply connect your TiVo® box to your router or Super Hub using an Ethernet cable or Powerline kit
- Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to the same home network via Wi-Fi
YOUR WIRELESS NETWORK:
You'll need to set up your wireless network and wired connection yourself, but don't worry – it's simple. You'll find lots more help on your TiVo box in:
- Home > Help & Settings > Help
- Or go to virginmedia.com/help/tivo to find out more
Copyright ©2010 TiVo Inc. All rights reserved. TiVo and the TiVo logo are registered trademarks of TiVo Inc. and its subsidiaries worldwide.
What's New in Version 2.2.4
Fixes an issue when connecting to your Virgin Media TiVo® in home mode.
Recent iOS issues meant having to update the app via the App Store as it was not working in Home mode at home. Realised, after a lot of messing around & checking forums that the issue was not mine. Also, recently found issues with the search facility on my iPhone. Once you've searched for a programme in the More section the search field overlaps the searched for item so it's hard to search for another programme by clicking the x to cancel. You have to back space instead which is no biggie really & also in the Guide, once you have searched for a channel to check a days programming you cannot search another channel without first having to close the app. I was watching Discovery last night on both iPhone & iPad away from home over my works wifi but the channel kept breaking up & picture/audio freezing. Lastly, it would be nice to be able to watch what I've recorded at home via my iOS devices so I could try get my percentage down from 98% full.
This is a good app for certain things but it lacks more than it provides.
It is good for setting/amending/deleting recordings and also a small range of live streaming channels but it lacks the ability to view as the title suggest VIRGIN TV ANYWHERE.
It Needs to allow viewing of "My Recordings" or even "On Demand" and a wider range of streaming channels while on 3G and/or at least while connected to a wifi and not dependant on being connected to your home network to then relate to the name of the app.
Even the ability to view these while on you home network would be a step forward. Although would still not be ANYWHERE unless it means ANYWHERE...in your home.
Come on Virgin get updating.
I have been a Virgin Media customer for many years and have never been tempted to go back to Sky simply because I knew that as far as broadband speed was concerned, no one could better them. As for Tvanywhere, I'm not really impressed. I've had numerous problems trying to use it, but apart from that, the number of channels which it actually streams is pretty poor. I actually use it only as a programme guide.
To get a proper "anywhere" service, I have invested in a Slingbox which allows me to access all my VM channels anywhere I happen to be in the world. Used it recently when in Morocco to watch the Australian tennis on my VM Skysports channel. I was very impressed.
Virgin Media will really have to up their game if they want to achieve anything remotely as good as the service provided by a Slingbox.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: 14 January 2014
- Version: 2.2.4
- Size: 22.5 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Virgin Media Limited
- © 2011 Virgin Media Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.