Virus Scanner Plus by Bitdefender brings the company's top rated antivirus technology to the App Store!
Stay safe! Keep others safe!
Scan running apps, scan critical locations or scan the entire system whenever you choose or activate Continuous Scan to keep Virus Scanner Plus running all the time. If you download an infected file or get one in the mail your Mac will be protected and your friends' computers safe.
Stay safe and keep other safe by not passing malware along.
- Award-winning Bitdefender antivirus engines;
- Detects OS X and Windows viruses alike;
- Updates to the latest version automatically if enabled;
- Quick scan option - rapidly scans system areas that are prone to infections;
- Searches for malware even in archives and other types of files i.e. pdf, pkg, zip, rar etc;
- Easy to use interface;
- Straight-forward security status and recommendations;
- Quarantines dangerous files;
- Deep system scan;
- Drag and drop scan of files or folders;
- Exclude files and folders from scan (i.e. Time Machine backups, etc.)
Ratings and Reviews
AntiVirus for Mac
Where to start, it does a very good job. BUT it’s heavy on resources causing a vast loss of performance, this is to be expected. This raises the question does a Mac really need antivirus? In most cases the answer is no but if you do this does a good job. I’m hoping that the coders can optimise things for the next upgrade of the operating system
Updates downloads issue
I am removing this program from my Mac because it seems to be unable to determine that my Mac is actually ‘online’ and consequently I often receive a message informing me that the update download was unsuccessful because there was no Internet connection even though I was online. Back to a more robust and recognised company for my anti-virus support.
ERROR - Application will not launch
After the download from the app store, I tried launching it for the first time but got this error message [The operation couldn’t be completed. (Couldn't start the services error 48.)] and the app terminates at that point. Persistent attempts to launch this application resorts to the same error message.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.