Explore the best of London with the official Visit London guide and offline map, in partnership with Mastercard.
Browse hand-picked lists of the best things to do; discover great things to do in London based on where you are and where you're going.
- Find out what's near you right now from the home screen, including great places to eat and top attractions.
- Find out what there is to do in an area before you go. Just tap "discover nearby" when looking at any point of interest to explore what's worth doing in that neighbourhood.
-Find hidden gems and explore London areas like a local; save places to view offline; and build your own personalised maps to make the most of your visit.
From top attractions, stunning museums and galleries and amazing shopping experiences to buzzing markets, gorgeous parks, eclectic nightlife and some of the world’s most famous landmarks, London has it all and it’s all at your fingertips.
AT A GLANCE:
- Unique hand-picked lists of the best things to do and see in London brought to you by our expert team
- Discover the best of London near your location or near where you're planning to go, including top restaurants, bars and attractions
- All the key London sights and attractions, including Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, Tower Bridge, The Coca-Cola London Eye and many more plus plenty of hidden gems
- Explore London like a local with insider guides
- Easily navigate using our transport maps
- Travel status updates keep you aware of how Tubes are operating.
- Find out what’s on in London, including major events, shows, productions and much more
- Save places to view offline and avoid data roaming charges
- Receive offers & general information notifications based on your location
- Plan ahead and create your own personal itinerary by saving all your favourites
- Search for things to see and do, including all of the London landmarks
- Access & book great deals and offers, directly from the app
- Find the best routes and directions to navigate the city
- Location responsive, quick and simple
- Completely free with no hidden costs
ABOUT VISIT LONDON:
visitlondon.com is the Official Visitor Guide for London. You can find us online at www.visitlondon.com Our app is in English, but you can find our site in French, German, Italian and Spanish too. visitlondon.com is a comprehensive guide to everything that's happening in and around London. Plan your perfect trip by searching the website for hotels, attractions, travel and events.
- Search results are now ordered according to your location (providing that the user has their location permission turned on). The results will appear in order, from the closest to the furthest away.
- Search results (which are tapped) will stay in the search history to enable the user to carry out subsequent searches more quickly.
- New Priceless category added. Offering interesting experiences at great prices.
Ratings and Reviews
Terrible for Lumiere
So this is the official app for Lumiere prepare to be frustrated. Here’s a few of the quirks I found in my short use for Lumiere light festival 1) whenever you select a specific item on the map it zooms out to show whole of london so you need to zoom back in again, 2) sometimes Lumiere doesn’t load so you need to completely close app and reopen, 3) can’t cross off where you’ve been this would be really helpful, 4) can’t create a route to take you to specific locations you want to go
HI DomB82 Firstly our apologies on taking a while to respond & so sorry your experience of Lumiere wasn't as you'd expect.In answer to your points 1. It seems you hadn't updated to the latest version which encompassed zooming to specific installations as opposed to zooming out. 2.The Lumiere layer not loading would have been due to your signal strength as we had 142,000 users over the 4 day period & unfortunately yours was the only device to experience this. 3. We agree with your statement that crossing installations off a list would have been helpful. If you had saved installations to "saved" simply clicking remove on a particular installation would have achieved this for you 4. Saving items would have allowed you to view all installations you specifically wanted to visit &. These are then shown on one map & allow navigation between each.
Again, we are truly sorry you were unable to navigate around the app to find these great features & hope it wasn't too much of an inconvenience & that you enjoyed the Festival
Visit London App Team
Great app very functional
I downloaded this app and was not disappointed. I had high expectations as the official app for London and it really does the trick. I love that I can download the map on hotel Wi-Fi and use it offline. The recommendations were pretty spot on for things to do with kids.
When you zoom in and then select an item it zooms out so you have to zoom in again to select the next item. Also some of the items locations are wrong. For example, the recent light show had the the benches near Bond Street station two streets away. Doesn’t handle landscape mode on an iPad. How did this app get through testing?
Sorry to hear you've had a bad experience. It seems you hadn't downloaded the latest version of the app that zoomed into each item it would certainly have been less frustrating for you if you had updated in time. This was readily available to download so our apologies on any inconvenience having an older version caused you. We were made aware that a few of the installation locations we had been provided were incorrect & changed them as soon we were notified.
Yours is the first request/qualm we have had regarding iPad landscape mode. We have developed the app as an iPhone solution however we completely understand your comment & this will be rectified as we move forward.
The app has been a stable build that served 142,000 satisfiedusers over the Lumiere period which is why it was cleared through testing. Really sorry you were a user that didn't enjoy the experience, it would be great if you tried again if time is ever on your side
Visit London App Team
Again, our apologies on any convenience caused
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.