By algoriddim GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing vjay - the mashup machine for your music and videos. Includes over 15 exclusive, free bonus video clips by Snoop Dogg a.k.a. Snoop Lion, Far East Movement, Eclectic Method, J-Live, VJ Loops and others, so you can get started right away!
"Direct Your Own Music Video Mashups" Gizmodo
"If you have even the slightest inclination towards playing with video, you're going to love vjay." TUAW
"vjay is a powerful, easy-to-use tool for budding video editors and music mixers alike." USA Today
"It has much of the sensation of mixing on a physical mixer or turntable." Forbes
"vjay is exactly the kind of breezily creative app the iPad was built for." Maclife
- BEST OF APP STORE 2012
- FEATURED BY ABC NEWS: THE TOP 50 iPad APPS
- Editor's Choice on the App Store in over 100 countries
- Nominated for MTV's O Music Awards 2013
vjay transforms your iPad into a cutting-edge mashup machine, directly integrated with the media libraries on your iPad. Mix and scratch your favorite music videos from iTunes or combine songs from your music library with personal video footage into an interactive audio visual experience. You can even use the built-in camera on your device to add your very own clips to the mix with added special effects. The first of its kind on the iPad, vjay lets you create fun video mashups, display directly to a TV, or record your performances live to share instantly on Facebook or YouTube.
- Media Access - Create stunning mashups using all your media on your device, including videos, music, and footage from camera roll.
- Real-time video transitions, audio visuals effects – vjay comes with stunning audio & video effects, looping tools, visual transitions, and real-time VideoScratch™.
- Live Movie Recording – With a simple touch of a button, easily save your mixes on your device in real-time.
- Instant Facebook and YouTube sharing - Instantly share your personal vjay recordings with friends via Facebook and YouTube.
- Support for external displays – Easily plug into a TV and stream videos wirelessly to Apple TV.
- Built-in camera integration - Quickly record your own video clips using the built-in camera and add them to your mixes on the fly with added special effects
- Integration with iTunes Store – browse, search, preview and purchase music videos on iTunes from within the app.
Requires iPad 2 or later running iOS 5 or higher. Enhanced for the new iPad.
- Direct access to user's media on the device (music videos, movies, camera roll footage, music)
- iTunes Store integration (search, browse, preview and purchase artist music videos)
- Built-in camera integration
- Video Transitions
- Audio Visual Effects
- Live Movie recording with instant export to Facebook or YouTube
- Fullscreen mode
- Support for external displays via iPad adapter cable (HDMI, VGA, or Composite) and AirPlay for streaming video and audio
- Colorized EQ
- Slow-motion (time stretching)
- Split A/V crossfade mode (crossfade video independently from audio, and vice versa)
- Support for Numark iDJ Pro controller with a dedicated portrait mode interface
- Support for multi-route audio (e.g. HDMI + built in headphone jack) and multi-channel audio interfaces.
- Support for major audio formats like MP3, AAC, WAV, AIFF
- Video formats supported: H.264 and MPEG-4 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second in .mp4, .m4v and .mov file formats
Supported external hardware (optional):
- External displays and TVs via Digital AV Adapter (HDMI), VGA Adapter, or Composite AV Cable
- Apple TV + AirPlay enabled AV receivers
- Numark iDJ Pro, iDJ Live, Mixdeck Quad, ION iDJ 2 Go, and Vestax Spin 2 MIDI controllers
- Griffin DJ Cable
What's New in Version 1.4.3
• Added support for Casio XW-DJ1, a new scratch DJ controller specifically designed for djay
• Various stability improvements and bug fixes
Thank you for using vjay. Please support us by rating the app with every update. We are looking forward to your feedback!
What's not to like?
One of those apps when you really feel you should be paying for such simple brilliance. Am doing projected visuals for a band and wanted something relatively straightforward as a newbie. First rehearsal was brilliant - even with relatively limited transitions and effects. Will probably want the option of additional effects further down the line - there's only so much you can do with strobe, ripple etc. this is definitely where I'd pay for the app. For now, however, it's doing the job perfectly. Thank you!
love it but crashes
£7.99 is a lot for an app that works, and when it does work it is good. However it crashes very quickly. Very surprised that this is still for sale on the app store in this state. The developer really needs to sort this out.
How do I get a refund?
The app that keeps on crashing
Love this app but keeps crashing .... 4 x in one hour is a personal best for me! Just dont know why its so unstable on ipad air but stable on ipad2 ( which has other issues) pls sort out otherwise I will have to Virtual DJ!
- Category: Music
- Updated: 13 February 2015
- Version: 1.4.3
- Size: 344 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Developer: algoriddim GmbH
- © 2012-2015 algoriddim GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.