Volvo On Call
By Volvo Car Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The official Volvo On Call app allows you to access your vehicle from your iPhone. This requires a vehicle from model year 2012 that is equipped with a Volvo on Call Telematics unit. If your vehicle fulfills these requirements you will, depending on your model, be able to:
• Check vehicle dashboard status, such as fuel or battery level, trip meters, and more
• Control your fuel fired parking heater, if the vehicle is equipped with a fuel fired
• Control your cabin climate, if the vehicle is a plug-in hybrid.
• Locate your vehicle on a map or use the vehicle signal horn and blink indicators.
• Check the current status of doors, windows and locks for your vehicle.
• Lock and unlock the vehicle remotely.
• Request roadside assistance from within the app.
• Edit your driving journal, categorize trips as business or private, merge trips,
rename and send to an email contact.
• Analyze your trips route with map view and statistics such as fuel and/or battery
consumption, as well as speed.
• Even though you do not currently own a Volvo fulfilling the Volvo On Call
requirements above, you can still install the App and try the demo mode.
What's New in Version 2.1.1
With this maintenance release we have listened to your feedback and fixed many of the problems and crashes on different devices that you have reported. Volvo encourages all of you to be part of the development process by continuing to share your positive and negative experiences with us.
Not bad, but potentially so much more
Being able to check you locked your car or get mpg for trips is great but some things missing I'd like to see: "send location to car" doesn't work for my V40, no detailed trip route (just start and destination) and you can't track the position of the car while it's in motion - why not?
IOS 5 support
As an Ipad 1 user, and a volvo hybrid owner, why is this not available to ipad 1 users?
While I can access it on my ipod it will not install on my ipad since Apple took the unilateral decision to stop supporting the Ipad 1 at IOS 5.
So I now have a very expensive paperweight.
Good one ... Nice concept but some more functionality must be added....
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 21 February 2014
- Version: 2.1.1
- Size: 13.0 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Developer: Volvo Car Corporation
- © 2014 Volvo Car Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.