The official Volvo On Call app allows you to access your vehicle from your iPhone. This requires a vehicle from model year 2012 (North America requires model year 2015.5) that is equipped with a Volvo on Call Telematics unit. If your vehicle fulfills these requirements you will, depending on your model, be able to:
• Check vehicle dashboard status, such as fuel or battery level, trip meters, and more.
• Control your fuel fired parking heater, if the vehicle is equipped with a fuel fired parking heater.
• Control your cabin climate, if the vehicle is a plug-in hybrid.
• Locate your vehicle on a map or use the vehicle signal horn and blink indicators.
• Check the current status of doors, windows and locks for your vehicle.
• Lock and unlock the vehicle remotely.
• Request roadside assistance from within the app.
• Edit your driving journal, categorize trips as business or private, merge trips, rename and send to an email contact.
• Analyze your trips route with map view and statistics such as fuel and/or battery consumption, as well as speed.
• Even though you do not currently own a Volvo fulfilling the Volvo On Call requirements above, you can still install the App and try the demo mode.
This version contains bug fixes and stability improvements.
Thank you for using Volvo On Call!
If you encounter any issues please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
Not bad, but potentially so much more
When it works it's great. Being able to check you locked your car or get mpg for trips is useful. But it's not reliable enough. It often doesn't seem to get updated information, won't refresh reliably, won't let me log in etc.
By far the most annoying thing is that when you check if you locked the car, invariably it says "unlocked" or "door open" for ten seconds or so before updating. Not good for the heart rate. A simple "last updated" time would help a bit. Also, if the battery on the car is low, and it's gone into power saving mode, you don't get an update. Why doesn't the car send an "I'm going to sleep, here's my latest status" to the server?
There are also some things missing I'd like to see: "send location to car" doesn't work for my V40, no detailed trip route (just start and destination on an unzoomable map) and you can't track the position of the car while it's in motion - why not? There are a few issues in trip tracking too; a short trip (a minute or two) followed by another results in the second trip being ignored and the app reporting the wrong location for the car. I phoned the on call centre and they knew where the car was - just the app that was wrong.
Not Reliable Enough
Basically a good app that lets itself down. The information presented is useful and it is a good way for checking on the car. The Journal is useful and provides good information.
However, as already pointed out in other reviews, the battery status shown for the T8 is random, sometimes being correct and sometimes not. The facility to set the parking climate timer is at best flakey, and at worst, useless. It works 10-20% of the time at best, which is a shame as it could be very useful. It is more reliable just to use the app for remote starting of the parking climate, or the engine, as these features appear to work the majority of the time.
V90 CC 2018
I have been using this app for the past month and overall my experience of this app has been positive. At first I thought it was a gimmick but it does have several useful features including Engine Remote Start (ERS), Driving Journal to log and track private and business mileage. My only negatives are lack of troubleshooting information to explain messages that arise when certain functions aren’t successfully executed and who in Volvo actually has responsibility for supporting the App. At the time of writing I’m struggling to get the Parking Climate feature to work properly.
- Volvo Car Corporation
- 225.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014 Volvo Car Corporation
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.