By Vue Booking Services Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
What’s faster than Bond, smarter than Hermione and more ridiculously good looking than Zoolander?
Say hello to the Vue app, the easiest way to book film tickets on the go. Discover what’s on at your local Vue, browse screening times and quickly book your favourite seats. Not sure what you’re in the mood for? You can browse what’s currently showing, as well as what’s coming up. View film trailers, read exclusive features and watch our Inside Vue videos.
All our offers are up for grabs, including Mini Mornings (where kids and adults both pay £2.49), Meerkat Movies and ⅓ off tickets on Super Tuesdays. Encounter the most intense big screen experience ever with our IMAX screenings or step inside the action with 3D. You can also upgrade to a VIP or Recliner, the best seats for full-focus, full comfort entertainment.
Big screen entertainment at your fingertips:
- Search and browse films and venues
- Discover what’s on at your local Vue
- Save your favourite Vue for speedy booking
- See film times
- Quickly book your favourite seats
- Upgrade to a VIP or Recliner seat
- See what’s coming up
- Watch film trailers, read exclusive features and watch our Inside Vue videos
At Vue, we believe there is nothing like the full blown big screen experience delivered at its best, which demands the perfect tuning of the seats, the screen, and brilliant sound.
Experience the big screen entertainment:
- Never miss a moment of the big screen entertainment with our stepped, stadium-style seating
- Every screen is equipped with Sony 4k digital projectors for a super-sharp viewing experience
- Dolby Atmos places you in the centre of the sound, making the action and the drama more realistic than ever
What's New in Version 3.1
- Night owls, rejoice! We’ve made it easier for you to browse and book midnight screenings. This includes new releases, so you can sneak in a viewing before anyone else.
- Finding the right film at the right time and place just got easier. We’ve improved our filter, so you can now narrow your search results without getting dead-ended. Even if the film you want to see isn’t playing when you want, we’ll make sure you have plenty of other options to choose from.
Poor User Experience
I used to use the old Vue app to view movie times and book seats... I am a huge fan of Vue Cinemas but this update is a perfect example of bad user research and poorly executed UI design/programming. It has 'flash trendy design agency' written all over it.
I found the new design difficult to read and extremely difficult to navigate, partially I think because it is too much for my iPhone 4s to process /render. It crashed the first 2 times I tried it and after the 3rd attempt it crashed out on the booking page and I threw my phone across the room in frustration! So despite all the slick visual design, it ultimately failed in providing a positive 'User Experience' as I found the UI confusing and was not able to reach my goal. I'd improve the design by making it clear that buttons ARE buttons and not just text, and I'd also use a more readable font face... plus speed test it on an iPhone 4s (they may be old but they are still a great phone and most other apps work AOK). That's some free UX consultancy...
Honestly have no idea how this app can have so many bad reviews... the major complaints - slow loading, hard to navigate etc don't seem to apply to me at all.
I'm using an iPhone 6 and I can book a film within 3 minutes. We go to the cinema every week due to our free tickets from our Heath insurance, and have always ways found the app and website easy to use?
You pick a cinema, you scroll and pick a film and showtime, pick your seats and pay... what's hard about that!
Epic Marketing FAIL
A classic example of the painting and crayoning department getting carried away.
The changes to the app/website are all very nice to look at but functionally appalling and totally unusable. Basic concepts such as clear navigation, easy access to what's important to the customer and thinking about how they want to access it haven't been given the slightest thought.
I've recently used this as a demonstration to work colleagues of what happens when you don't do things the right way and the way you can waste serous money and at the same time negatively impact sales and customer engagement