By Tiger Style
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Apple's 2012 iPad Game of the Year Runner-Up!
Bring A Sleeping Planet Back To Life
Epic adventure, action gameplay, and unlimited discovery
"One of the most satisfying gaming experiences I've had on this platform." "Outstanding and revolutionary."
- TouchArcade, 5/5
25 Best iPad games - Time.com
“The most interesting story I've seen in an iPhone game”
"Superb controls; unique gameplay"
- Slide To Play, 4/4 "Must have"
"Thousands of video games ask you to take life, but very few ask you to create it."
- Paste Magazine, 9.1/10
Nominated - Best Mobile Game and Excellence in Audio, 2012 IGF
In 2097, life is discovered on Mars. When your mission of first contact becomes trapped by a cave-in, you must master the alien ecosystem to survive. With time running out, you will make a decision that determines the fate of a lost planet.
UNCOVER THE MYSTERIES OF ANCIENT MARS
- Explore an open-ended network of exotic caverns.
- Decode mysterious signals and discover long lost ruins.
- Survive an unearthly world of strange creatures and hazardous terrain.
CULTIVATE YOUR OWN ECOSYSTEM OF ALIEN LIFEFORMS
- Grow a vibrant, interconnected ecosystem of exotic plants and alien creatures.
- Learn the diet, habits, and vulnerabilities of each new lifeform you encounter.
- Cultivate one species to feed another, eliminate unwanted infestations, and research unique behaviors.
DESIGNED EXCLUSIVELY FOR iOS
- Intuitive touch screen controls
- Nearly two hours of critically acclaimed original music.
- Game Center Achievements and Leaderboards.
- Tweet Research Progress to your friends back on Earth!
- UNIVERSAL APP - play on your iPad, iPhone 3GS or higher, or iPod Touch 3rd Generation or higher.
If you like Waking Mars, you'll love
Spider: Rite of the Shrouded Moon: http://apple.co/1h7BRUJ
Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor for iPhone: http://apple.co/2bZXkSh
Spider Bryce Manor HD for the iPad: http://apple.co/2bIcYfu
Tiger Style is the award-winning studio behind Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor. We are a fully independent collective of designers, artists, and musicians dedicated to bringing original, high quality games to iOS.
What's New in Version 2.1
Thank you Waking Mars fans!!
- Waking Mars now supports Japanese!
- GameCenter achievement progress is updated every time the game starts.
- Player can no longer move when using sentient visualizer.
- Fixed Signal Chamber quest breakage.
The best game I have ever played on my phone
This game is superb from the moment I started playing it I was hooked, took me a week to finish the game and I loved every minute. Exciting plot, intelligent game play really excellent stuff. Think you have to be a bit of a sci if geek to really enjoy it and I hope you guys are already thinking if the next one with a different bio system on a different planet will be difficult to top this for originality tho.
One of the first iOS games to truly capture a sense of 'elsewhere' and suspended the disbelief of even the most casual of gamers. Its understated game mechanics and play flow create a compelling combination of exploration, research and narrative. Like a Metroid devised by someone with a scientific agenda, this game still stands the test of time, combining pause for thought alongside some delightful jet-pack aerobatics.
This is probably my favourite game on iOS. Very unique gameplay, great art style and works really well with touchscreen controls. Some people may find it slow paced, but if you like innovation and an immersive sci fi story you should definitely check it out.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 20 November 2013
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 331 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese
- Developer: Tiger Style Games
- © 2012 Tiger Style
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.