Walk Log makes it very easy to track your walking sessions, keeping a log of the distance and time taken for each walk. Be sure you get in your walking exercise each week!
● View a calendar showing which days you walked recently.
● View statistics and charts of weekly, monthly, and yearly progress.
● Share on dailymile.com.
● Use the built-in map to plan out a route, or if using an iPhone, simply track your course with GPS.*
● Categorise log entries with user-defined tags.
● Sync using iCloud (enable via Settings app).
Walk Log makes it easy to record the results of a walking session in a matter of seconds. You can also use Walk Log to review your walk history, and plan new routes for future walking sessions.
You can simply use GPS if using an iPhone or, when you return from a walk, use Walk Log to record your session: The date and route are automatically filled in based on defaults. The time spent on your last walk for the route is also presented as the default. Simply adjust the minutes or seconds and you are done! Your pace will be shown to you.
To plan a new route to try in your neighbourhood, go to the routes tab and bring up the map, which centers on your current location. Simply tap points on the map in order to create your route. When done, the route distance is automatically computed. If you walk this route frequently, you can set it as the default.
You can view a calendar showing which days you walked recently. This makes it easy to decide if you are due for a walk today. You can also view statistics and charts showing weekly, monthly, and yearly summaries of your distance, time and pace. You can focus on walks of a particular type by filtering by tags.
“It's a great app to track walking!” “I fully endorse this for walkers!” — Jill of JillWillRun.com
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Updated for iOS 10.
Ratings and Reviews
This is a good app, tracking works well and suits what I need from these sort of apps.
Doesn't have a calories burned, or heart rate monitor, but I got this app because I didn't want those things in the app.
What I would like to see however is the ability to import routes from GPS data or routes created in other apps with a gpx file.
It maybe useful to create a website so users of the app can share routes with each other.
I wouldn't mind seeing sort of routing if it's not possible to do the import and like pick a starting point and an ending point and have it work out a walking route between the 2 points, not sure if this is possible would be awesome if gave directions whilst was walking, guess could have an option to turn this on and off if a user wanted to have music playing whilst they was walking.
- FikesFarm, LLC
- 6.1 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2012–2017 FikesFarm, LLC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.