WalkJogRun GPS Running Routes
By Almost Awesome Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Find the safest routes to run, exercise without injury and stay motivated, whether you need a change of scenery or are on vacation and unfamiliar with your surroundings. WalkJogRun has the most accurate iPhone GPS and more than 1.8 million running routes available worldwide, or you can create your own. It’s the perfect companion to use when working out!
* "WalkJogRun helped me discover a new route in my neighborhood that had me sightseeing (and dodging crowds) along Broadway. It also brought me back to another route I haven’t run in years." Lauren Goode, "Three Running Apps to Shake Up Your Routine" AllThingsD.com
* "If you're an experienced runner or just someone who likes to blaze new trails, WalkJogRun Routes is money well spent." Rick Broida, "Four Killer iPhone Apps for Runners" CNET's iPhone Atlas
* "Finding a time to fit in fitness when you're traveling isn’t always easy, but this app makes it a little less complicated." Melanie Nayer's "Must have iPhone Travel Apps" for Cheapflights.com
* Find routes - where you are or wherever you travel from over 1.8 million worldwide
* Follow the route on the map while tracking your workout with the GPS
* Create routes - got your own route? Map it out in the app or just run it with the GPS tracker and then save it as a route
* GPS tracking - so accurate it deserves it’s own bullet point :-) Works with Bluetooth low energy heart monitors, tracks steps/cadence if you’re lucky enough to own a iPhone 5S, ascent/descent and announces your progress every mile/km or custom distance.
* Log training sessions - with or without our incredible GPS tracker you can log workouts to your free account and track your training on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or online at walkjogrun.net
* Analyze your training - by activity, by year, by month or by week
* 23 free training plans - created by Coach Jenny Hadfield from Runners world we’ve got 5k, 10k, Half Marathon and Full Marathon training plans for the absolute beginner trying to walk or run your first 5k to the advanced runner trying to get a new PR for the marathon.
* Incredible articles - our team of writers are all avid runners providing tips on everything you need to stay healthy and get the most out of walking or running as a lifestyle. Topics include recipes, injury prevention and treatment, racing, yoga for runners, training strategies, motivation, safety, running gear reviews and the science behind running.
WHO SHOULD GET THIS APP
* Anyone looking to get healthier!
* Walkers, Joggers, Runners, Cyclists - anyone looking to find new routes in their area or track their training.
Please note: continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.3.9
Facebook fitness data
When you share a training session on Facebook you and your friends will now see the map of your route and stats about the session (unless your session is private).
* Fixed bug with app "freezing" on the progress loader requiring a force quit
* Fixed bug where map tiles would stop displaying
* Fixed color of search bar on find routes screen
* Fixed bug preventing offline use of recently viewed routes
* Better error messages when internet connection is weak
* Fixed error when using passwords with special characters
* Fixed crash on workout picker
* Fixed crash on certain elevation charts
Walk, jog, run
What a great little app this is... :) I use mainly the measure the distances I walk. I have two purpose gps units and both give incorrect distances travelled when walking. I have checked measured distances against both my car tach and my bike and all three total the same against known distances. Like the calories used feature too as I am trying to lose weight.
Brilliant! I use it for running, other half uses it cycling, both prefer it to other similar apps we have. Love the fact the toy can work out a route to suit exactly what you need before you leave the door. Thanks! :-)
Walk jog run
Great app, great gps very accurate, love the plot a route before you run the route feature so you can calculate routes and distances etc before you go! Love it, I'm new to running and found it better than other apps!
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: 23 January 2014
- Version: 4.3.9
- Size: 15.5 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Almost Awesome Inc.
- © 2014 Almost Awesome Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.