Wax is the only record collecting app that lets you edit every detail of the records you own, from the artwork to the price you paid, and even enter a record manually that doesn't exist in any record collecting database online. Search for records, add them to your collection, and let them tell a story.
Customize every detail about each album and organize them how you please. You got that 7" at a show in a college basement in '96? Make a note of that. How about that limited edition LP - what number is yours? And what about your friend's band's test press - not in any database online? Add it to your collection manually. And if it's not in your collection, but you want it to be? Just put that in your Grab List instead.
Furthermore, your collection deserves to be organized better than "I have this record" or "I don't have this record". With Crates, you can organize your records into groups based on any criteria you please. Maybe you want to be able to see all your soundtracks at a glance, or everything you have released by your favorite label, or by bands from your city? Either set up a series of rules in a Smart Crate, which will always be up to date with whatever records match those rules, or curate the records manually with a regular Crate - either way, organize your collection how you want to.
Lastly - Wax isn't just for vinyl. With a $2.99 in-app purchase, Wax will let you search for and add music media of any format.
Don't just check off the records you have. It's your collection - own it.
- Take your record collection with you - no more buying duplicate albums
- Remember records you want to buy via your Grab List
- Add your records by barcode scan, manual entry, or artist, album, catalog number, or record label searches
- Retrieve (and edit) every detail about all the records you own
- Organize your records into Crates by whatever criteria you please
- Create a series of rules to populate Smart Crates, always updated with exactly the records that match those rules
- Get estimated values of records, based on condition, and add the price you paid to see how it matches up with what it's worth
- Sync and back up your Collection, Grab Lists, and Crates via iCloud
- Catalog your entire collection (not just vinyl) via an In-App Purchase
- Can't decide what to listen to? Shake your device to select a random record
- Import your collection from Discogs
- Quickly search for a record from your home screen (3D-touch enabled devices only)
- Export your Collection and Grab List to text and JSON via email
If you have questions, please send us a message, check out our FAQ (https://ownyourrecords.com/faq), or tweet us at @OwnYourRecords.
- New! While viewing a record, tap "Pricing" to set the amount you paid and see how it matches up with that record's value
- Fixed a bug that wouldn't let you save a Smart Crate
- Minor bug fixes, UI / UX fixes, and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Great Collection App!
This is a great app to keep on top of your collection if you are a geek for music! Specially if you have more than 1 version of the same CD for example. Discogs information built into the app is a great addition too! No need to put in all the info or album covers
Improvements to get 5* - iCloud Syncing
So you can add items to your collection from different devises. Plus not loose all your collection if you purchase a new iPhone etc
Hi there, thank you for the download! iCloud syncing is on the roadmap.
- Richard Myers
- 2.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Richard Myers
- In-App Purchases
- All Media Types £2.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.