By Rocketcat LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Wayward Souls is an action-adventure game built for quick playthroughs and massive amounts of replay value. It was inspired by Spelunky, Secret of Mana, and our previous game, Mage Gauntlet.
Procedurally generated random levels mean that every time you play the game, it's a different experience. Control one of six characters, all with their own unique playstyles, abilities, and equipment. Explore and fight for survival, in combat where your tactics, positioning, and timing matter.
- Fancy control scheme with no virtual buttons or sticks to fumble over.
- Unlock new areas, for increasingly punishing difficulty.
- 13 area types, all with different monsters, potential traps, and rare encounters.
- Each character can find equipment combinations that change their gameplay.
- Victory is based on your increasing skill as a player, not solely on grinding.
- No IAP ever, even for the hats. All content updates will be free for our fans.
- Unprecedented scope and variety for an action-adventure game on iOS, maybe anywhere.
Another update is being planned! Expect a new character to play as in 3rd quarter of 2016.
@rocketcatgames or www.facebook.com/rocketcatgames
What's New in Version 1.32
Here's another content update! This one adds something for both our most skilled players, and something to help people that have gotten stuck. Paladin Update with save sharing/backup support is going to be the next big update, and that should come out at around the same time as the PC version of the game.
- New mode! Gauntlet Mode is a 6 floor dungeon that's designed to be quick to play, but extremely difficult.
- You can now unlock classes by finding chests in Mines/Tower/Catacombs, instead of having to beat each area. This is to help people that get stuck. The amount of chests required are 30/50/70.
- Pet added: Cave Crab.
- Pets have a 20% chance per floor, up from 15%.
- Rare pets have a 4% chance to be found, up from 2%.
- Bugfix for Rocketcat not attacking.
- Fix for text after beating Labyrinth.
- Rat Buffs: %5/10 lootfind upped to 10% and 15%.
- Slug nerfs: 10/15 +maxhealth lowered to 5 and 10.
- Slimespawn reduced to 5 maxhealth, buff duration stays the same.
- Chatterpile to +10 health instaed of +15.
- Silken Spider up to 7% lootdrop, runspeed is the same.
- Gnomey to 20% lootdrop, coindrop still at 25%.
- Cave Newt and Mine Bat to 3 +healthrecovery instead of 5.
- Fire Salamander and Duck to 6 +healthrecovery instead of 10.
- Spellsword weapon upgrades now properly have their charge attack phase through spells.
- Skull's fireball AOE subtracts an attack charge for every shot rather than every hit. This applies to other attack pets too.
Stay tuned for news on the Paladin update! Follow us at @rocketcatgames for frequent news.
Utterly superb - class act
Finally a game that has a business model that's as old school as the action. Great controls, unique classes, persistent upgrades and compelling gameplay... without ads and IAPs.
Also, exquisite soundtrack. A class act, but be warned that the difficulty is pretty old school too!
It seems so simple, but it is really complex. Every time you play the game it is different. With so many side quest and well calibrated classes, it is one of the best game on iOS. (Next to Sky Force)
Still one of the best RPGs around, but
I really hope co-operative gameplay can be implemented in the future...
- Category: Games
- Updated: 18 February 2016
- Version: 1.32
- Size: 38.2 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Rocketcat LLC
- © Rocketcat, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.