By Rocketcat Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Wayward Souls is an action-adventure game built for quick playthroughs and massive amounts of replay value. It was inspired by Spelunky, Secret of Mana, and our previous game, Mage Gauntlet.
Procedurally generated random levels mean that every time you play the game, it's a different experience. Control one of six characters, all with their own unique playstyles, abilities, and equipment. Explore and fight for survival, in combat where your tactics, positioning, and timing matter.
- Fancy control scheme with no virtual buttons or sticks to fumble over.
- Unlock new areas, for increasingly punishing difficulty.
- 13 area types, all with different monsters, potential traps, and rare encounters.
- Each character can find equipment combinations that change their gameplay.
- Victory is based on your increasing skill as a player, not solely on grinding.
- No IAP ever, even for the hats. All content updates will be free for our fans.
- Unprecedented scope and variety for an action-adventure game on iOS, maybe anywhere.
Third update is being planned! More dungeon modes, more achievements, and some requested features!
@rocketcatgames or www.facebook.com/rocketcatgames
What's New in Version 1.26
- iOS 8 crashing bugs when clearing a dungeon fixed.
- New achievements added.
- The Prologue tutorial level will no longer play every time the app is restarted. You can still replay the tutorial via the Extras menu.
This is a great game, but easily the most difficult I've ever played (perhaps second to ghostbusters on the spectrum when I was 5). I've played more than 10 hours and I'm still on level 2!!! Given up on the game now, not because it was poor, but because it was eating up too much of my time. I'd recommend, but advise caution if you have a girlfriend, pet or exam also requiring your attention.
A love letter to gamers
This game is amazing, and here's why:
- you pay a one time fee for the game, and you can enjoy the entirety of it without getting ripped off by money-making IAPs;
- the game is FUN as hell and the replay value is immense!
- the game actually favours skills and good timing to get you through the levels;
- it's challenging and rewarding;
- you're not trying to line up two dots or candies together;
- the developers actually make you feel like a gamer again.
There's plenty more to say about this amazing game but I shan't keep you here any longer, go and buy Wayward Souls!
This game is supposedly an RPG reminiscent of SNES games such as the wonderful soul blazer; whilst the graphics do hark back to the 16 bit era, the gameplay is limited to continual hack and slash fighting, without the RPG quest and puzzle elements that made The 16 bit games so brilliant. If you are looking for an in-depth RPG, you'll be disappointed with this. Also, starting from the beginning each time you die becomes VERY tedious.....I just don't get why some people rave about it.....
- Category: Games
- Updated: 21 October 2014
- Version: 1.26
- Size: 36.6 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Jeremy Orlando
- © Rocketcat, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.