Always know what’s happening on the road with Waze. Even if you know the way, Waze tells you instantly about traffic, roadworks, police, accidents & more. If traffic is bad on your route, Waze will change it to save you time.
◦ See what’s happening - Alerts about traffic, police, hazards and more on your drive
◦ Get there faster - Instant routing changes to avoid traffic and save you time
◦ Know when you’ll arrive - your Arrival Time is based on live traffic data
◦ Pay less for fuel - find the cheapest fuel along your route
◦ Always find the way - choose from a variety of voices to guide you while you drive
Be prepared, drive with Waze.
Saving time & avoiding traffic is even easier with these updates:
- Waze now works with CarPlay - connect your iPhone and use Waze conveniently from your built-in car display (on supported models only)
Crash fixed for iOS 9.
Ratings and Reviews
People power meets the open road in this amazing navigation app. Waze’s crowd-sourced alerts come from real drivers, not algorithms, delivering info you won’t see anywhere else to keep your commute flowing. The friendly interface and convenient detour routing really help the app shine, and its social-network integration make road trips with buddies a blast.
Used to be great...
I used to love Waze and use it on every trip, even for 10 minute journeys to see how it would get me to my destination quicker by avoiding heavy traffic. Sadly for the past few months it has been getting worse and worse and is now actually unusable! It constantly provides inaccurate routing on nearly every trip I make. On my way to work today it provided a new route to take. This was strange as this route would take much longer so I ignored it and carried on my usual route. It asked me to make a u-turn and drive back about 5 miles in the wrong direction! Again ignored and once it had recalculated it took 14 minutes off my route and original time, and I got to work early - by ignoring everything it said.
Closed roads are also a major issue. These are rarely on the Waze maps and it has no idea you cannot take that route. Google maps however always has the closed roads on their maps. And I believe Google takes map information from Waze, so this is strange.
Becoming unusable and will soon be deleted unless it starts to improve and stop making my journeys longer - the total opposite of what this is designed for.
I have been using TomTom and due to its lack of Places of interest and inbuilt search engine I decided to give Waze a go used it for a few months and I have to say the turn by turn instructions are inaccurate I went to a destination which I knew and tested this out on both journeys it took me on a wild goose chase added additional miles to the journey and got me stuck in slow moving traffic.
On several occasions is showed traffic further ahead but I decided to ignore its instructions and went ahead to find the road completely clear.
It also has annoying and intrusive ads popping up at the junctions which diverts your attention from the road if you’re an occasional user I suppose it’s fine but for someone using it on daily basis it’s a No No. I don’t understand how waze expects drivers to update the info like hazards and traffic on the go especially when it’s illegal to touch your phone or use it whilst driving in the uk. Navigation wise I personally experienced TomTom to be far mor accurate with route and traffic information I wouldn’t use waze again and wouldn’t recommend it to anyone else either !!!
- 165.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Waze Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.