Always know what’s happening on the road with Waze. Even if you know the way, Waze tells you instantly about traffic, roadworks, police, accidents & more. If traffic is bad on your route, Waze will change it to save you time.
◦ See what’s happening - Alerts about traffic, police, hazards and more on your drive
◦ Get there faster - Instant routing changes to avoid traffic and save you time
◦ Know when you’ll arrive - your Arrival Time is based on live traffic data
◦ Pay less for fuel - find the cheapest fuel along your route
◦ Always find the way - choose from a variety of voices to guide you while you drive
Be prepared, drive with Waze.
Saving time & avoiding traffic is even easier with these updates:
- Fewer taps needed to stop navigation
Ratings and Reviews
People power meets the open road in this amazing navigation app. Waze’s crowd-sourced alerts come from real drivers, not algorithms, delivering info you won’t see anywhere else to keep your commute flowing. The friendly interface and convenient detour routing really help the app shine, and its social-network integration make road trips with buddies a blast.
I have been using TomTom and due to its lack of Places of interest and inbuilt search engine I decided to give Waze a go used it for a few months and I have to say the turn by turn instructions are inaccurate I went to a destination which I knew and tested this out on both journeys it took me on a wild goose chase added additional miles to the journey and got me stuck in slow moving traffic.
On several occasions is showed traffic further ahead but I decided to ignore its instructions and went ahead to find the road completely clear.
It also has annoying and intrusive ads popping up at the junctions which diverts your attention from the road if you’re an occasional user I suppose it’s fine but for someone using it on daily basis it’s a No No. I don’t understand how waze expects drivers to update the info like hazards and traffic on the go especially when it’s illegal to touch your phone or use it whilst driving in the uk. Navigation wise I personally experienced TomTom to be far mor accurate with route and traffic information I wouldn’t use waze again and wouldn’t recommend it to anyone else either !!!
Last-minute turns and intrusive ads
Sadly my app store rating for Waze has been steadily dropping over time. It just isn't getting better, it's getting worse. Now we have intrusive ads for fast food popping up when we are driving, and they don't go until you interact with the screen. I don't want to interact with it - I'm driving. And then there are the notifications that you have to turn when you're at the actual turning it wants you to take, which means the turning is impossible to achieve at best and dangerous to whoever is behind you at worst, because you should indicate in plenty of time to keep other drivers aware of your intentions. Last weekend in a one-way city system, Waze was dangerous and had me cursing it repeatedly. No more. It's a shame because it has so many great features I will miss, but I'm going back to Apple Maps which usually does give me plenty of notice of turns I need to take and never contains ads. Minimal interaction with handsets - why is this need ignored? It's actually illegal in the UK to mess with a phone while driving.
- 151.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Waze Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.