Waze: GPS Navigation, Maps & Traffic
By Waze Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Join 80 million drivers who save time & money with Waze navigation by avoiding traffic jams, police, accidents and construction for free. Use the #1 real-time GPS Sat-Nav today!
Just by driving with Waze open, you're already contributing tons of real-time traffic information to your local community. You can also actively report accidents, police and other hazards you see on the road. Get road alerts along your route and find the cheapest fuel prices around you shared by the community. Plus, you can add friends, send locations or keep others posted on your arrival time.
- Live routing based on community driven, real-time traffic & road info
- Community reported alerts including accidents, hazards, police, road closures, and more
- Turn-by-turn voice guided navigation
- Live maps, consistently edited and updated by Waze community map editors
- Automatic rerouting as conditions change on the road
- Send your ETA & real-time drive to update those you’re meeting
- Learns your frequent destinations, commuting hours, and preferred routes
- Find the cheapest fuel on your route
- Add information on local places and businesses
- Add Facebook friends and sync Contacts
- See friends’ ETA when driving to the same destination
- One tap navigation to Facebook & Calendar events
- Earn points as you contribute road info and climb the ranks in your community
Waze is all about contributing to and benefiting from the common good, so hop on board and get involved!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze will automatically shut down if you run it in the background and haven't driven for a while.
What's New in Version 4.24
Thanks for using Waze, where 80 million drivers outsmart traffic with real-time road information. Waze is constantly improving, so check out what's new this version:
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
Great App but no good for driver
Waze is about the best of the satnav apps but it's display legend is too small to read while driving. This would not be a problem, on modern cars, if Waze was compatible with Apple CarPlay so the information could be displayed on the much larger car screen, but Waze does not work with CarPlay.
Worse, when something like a text message comes in, it blocks the Waze screen. It is now illegal to even touch a mobile phone while driving in UK, so the only (legal) option for restoring Waze to prime position is to stop, park, reset Waze and drive off again.
If you have a competent passenger to navigate for you then Waze is great, particularly because of the real-time updates from other Waze users, but if you are driving solo then use an inferior, but safer, app for navigation.
Incredibly useful gps. Works perfectly. The only thing it needs is the ability to tell you which lane to be in (how google maps does it 😅).
Other then that always up to date and all feature are extremely useful!
Better than satnav
Wonderful app. Just can't use it if no wifi. I have a little wifi gadget that I charge up when driving somewhere that needs Waze !!!! Love it
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 24 May 2017
- Version: 4.24
- Size: 94.1 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Developer: waze
- © Waze Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.