Waze - GPS Navigation, Maps & Social Traffic
By Waze Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Waze is the world's largest community-based traffic and navigation app. Join drivers in your area who share real-time traffic & road info to save time, fuel and improve daily commuting for all.
Just by driving with Waze open, you're already contributing tons of real-time traffic information to your local community. You can also actively report accidents, police and other hazards you see on the road. Get road alerts along your route and find the cheapest fuel prices around you shared by the community. Plus, you can add friends, send locations or keep others posted on your arrival time.
- Live routing based on community driven, real-time traffic & road info
- Community reported alerts including accidents, hazards, police, road closures, and more
- Turn-by-turn voice guided navigation
- Live maps, consistently edited and updated by Waze community map editors
- Automatic rerouting as conditions change on the road
- Send your ETA & real-time drive to update those you’re meeting
- Learns your frequent destinations, commuting hours, and preferred routes
- Find the cheapest fuel on your route
- Add information on local places and businesses
- Add Facebook friends and sync Contacts
- See friends’ ETA when driving to the same destination
- One tap navigation to Facebook & Calendar events
- Earn points as you contribute road info and climb the ranks in your community
Waze is all about contributing to and benefiting from the common good, so hop on board and get involved!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze will automatically shut down if you run it in the background and haven't driven for a while.
What's New in Version 4.15.0
* New and improved audio settings for better support for Bluetooth
* You can now change your desired arrival time in planned drives
* Improved support for iOS 10
* Bug fixes for gas prices and parking suggestions
* Other minor bug fixes
Good but sometimes sends you on crazy back roads
For a free say nav program, waze is very good. Has a active community reporting traffic and accidents in real time. The maps are good and reliable for the UK. However, the routing is sometimes just too clever for its own good. It has a tendency to send you on very small back roads with lots of speed bumps. It feels like it is set to avoid main roads sometimes!! This would be fine it you were avoiding queues of traffic but you aren't. In fact I have ignored the route waze suggested only to have it recalculate to my route and it be faster than what it was suggesting originally!
Please work on the routing to use more main roads and check times to find faster route automatically.
Excellent traffic in cities, but doesn't work if there's no internet.
Great in cities but there are 2 major flaws.
It has only two problems which can catch you out if this is your only navigation solution. If there is no mobile reception and it needs to re-route if you missed a turning then it can get mixed up. This is also true if you arrive at a destination where there is no reception.
The other problem is that it does not cope well with road closures. It could not tell me that the M1 junction 11 was closed and the reporting mechanism is too hard to use when driving so I could not report it for other users. It should be improved so that you can input road closures for your route ahead.
Otherwise it's been brilliant 95% of the time but I would always carry a backup sat nav with me for times when there is no reception which traditional sat navs don't have a problem with.
I think the 2 flaws could easily be mitigated with some offline routing and better integration of road closures and traffic announcements .
Gets you out of a spot, top app
Look, everything can always improve in life and Waze is no different. More detail of the road, yes please but I'm trying to think of any other negatives and can't find them! I know the motorways near me are diabolical so I switch off that option to go el fresco fully expecting to be sent through the busy towns and cities instead, but no! The cleaver app takes you on a mystical tour around these busy spots and yeah you might be doing some extra miles but you aren't sat in traffic wishing you were. Good stuff 4 star because we can always improve. 🤓
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 21 November 2016
- Version: 4.15.0
- Size: 77.0 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Developer: waze
- © Waze Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.