Waze - GPS Navigation, Maps & Social Traffic
By Waze Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Waze is the world's largest community-based traffic and navigation app. Join drivers in your area who share real-time traffic & road info to save time, fuel and improve daily commuting for all.
Just by driving with Waze open, you're already contributing tons of real-time traffic information to your local community. You can also actively report accidents, police and other hazards you see on the road. Get road alerts along your route and find the cheapest fuel prices around you shared by the community. Plus, you can add friends, send locations or keep others posted on your arrival time.
- Live routing based on community driven, real-time traffic & road info
- Community reported alerts including accidents, hazards, police, road closures, and more
- Turn-by-turn voice guided navigation
- Live maps, consistently edited and updated by Waze community map editors
- Automatic rerouting as conditions change on the road
- Send your ETA & real-time drive to update those you’re meeting
- Learns your frequent destinations, commuting hours, and preferred routes
- Find the cheapest fuel on your route
- Add information on local places and businesses
- Add Facebook friends and sync Contacts
- See friends’ ETA when driving to the same destination
- One tap navigation to Facebook & Calendar events
- Earn points as you contribute road info and climb the ranks in your community
Waze is all about contributing to and benefiting from the common good, so hop on board and get involved!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze will automatically shut down if you run it in the background and haven't driven for a while.
What's New in Version 4.8.0
Bugs and stability fixes
Very good but Can be better
I have been using this app for quite a while now and find that lane guidance would definitely be a welcome addition as I have strayed into the wrong lanes numerous times. Also maybe showing how much longer an alternative route would take while driving just like in Google maps would make this the perfect app 😊😊
The features with the speed camera & speed are brilliant and very helpful.
I have also found that sometimes it navigates me around the long way around & brings me out the same place from time to time & I couldn't understand the significance of the detour from the main path.
It's sometimes a little tricky to understand which lane is to be taken when the Motorway splits in three, or other complex junctions, so lane guidance of sorts would be great. It's good to see that the speed limit is now displayed, as well as a warning if you stray over it.
Finally I do seem to be getting a few more server connection errors, even when I have a 4G signal. Other than that keep up the good work. The traffic is great and it's fantastic just to able to type in a business or tourist attraction and it quickly finds it.
Can't fault it
Really useful app, keeps you updated should the route planned develop a problem, then gives you options of other routes. Sometimes faster than the original! You can send your ETA to friends, plan journeys in advance and it gives you a prompt of what time you need to leave.
It will take you places that will have you doubting it, but it's yet to let me down. One of the best apps I have!
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 22 June 2016
- Version: 4.8.0
- Size: 54.3 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Developer: waze
- © Waze Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.