Waze - GPS Navigation, Maps & Social Traffic
By Waze Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Waze is the world's largest community-based traffic and navigation app. Join drivers in your area who share real-time traffic & road info to save time, fuel and improve daily commuting for all.
Just by driving with Waze open, you're already contributing tons of real-time traffic information to your local community. You can also actively report accidents, police and other hazards you see on the road. Get road alerts along your route and find the cheapest fuel prices around you shared by the community. Plus, you can add friends, send locations or keep others posted on your arrival time.
- Live routing based on community driven, real-time traffic & road info
- Community reported alerts including accidents, hazards, police, road closures, and more
- Turn-by-turn voice guided navigation
- Live maps, consistently edited and updated by Waze community map editors
- Automatic rerouting as conditions change on the road
- Send your ETA & real-time drive to update those you’re meeting
- Learns your frequent destinations, commuting hours, and preferred routes
- Find the cheapest fuel on your route
- Add information on local places and businesses
- Add Facebook friends and sync Contacts
- See friends’ ETA when driving to the same destination
- One tap navigation to Facebook & Calendar events
- Earn points as you contribute road info and climb the ranks in your community
Waze is all about contributing to and benefiting from the common good, so hop on board and get involved!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze will automatically shut down if you run it in the background and haven't driven for a while.
What's New in Version 4.4.0
Bugs and stability fixes
Waze increased substantially the quality of life the city
I won't leave home without it. Waze not only shows the quickest route but will give me realistic ETA. Once you know this, you can relax and enjoy the ride, even if there is a traffic jam, as you know how long it will take you to get to your . What's really annoying about traffic congestions is the uncertainty on travel time. With Waze that's something of the past.
I hope Waze shares travel data with city officials for traffic planning, after all it's us, the citizens, who are providing these. Also I would like to know what other uses do they have for the data they collect.
Finally, I'm very happy to review this great app but I dislike very much to find a pre-filled review for me just to press send. How can I trust the other reviews if that's your modus operandi?
New version is terrible - but still the best app
The new version has annoying pop-up messages to say 're-routing' that obscures most of the screen on small IOS devices making it annoying and requires prodding whilst driving to use. It also gets itself confused, freezes and stutters and re-routes constantly especially near complex junctions. (Previous version on another phone works perfectly).
In the UK a huge number of irrelevant road works icons now clutter the map. The vast majority have been completed in the last 3 months or are yet to start and can't be cleared or voted down by the community. This destroyed what for me was the whole point of the App, to have timely and relevant route information.
When these roadworks are displayed the description provided can't be read because the text is longer than the space in the pop-up dialogue, neither can can it scroll. (iPhone5/6).
I think Google in CA has made a deal with someone to display thousands of roadwork icons in the UK without realising the this data is out of date or for scheduled maintenance months in advance with 9/10 incorrect on a given day.
However this is still a good app and I use it on every trip and recommend it.
Upgraded my review - V impressive
Just keeps getting better. Rely on this app even for short journeys. I live in central London which can have severe traffic jams anytime (usually an accident).
Arrival times are consistently very close to reality especially when travelling out of London and then up one of the congested motorways.
Have been rerouted several times & saved hours!
It's my main navigation app, although it wasn't quite so good in Bangkok when I was last there, because Bangkok has so many 2/3 level roads and it wasn't then optimised to make clear whether you should be on the high, middle or low-level road. Everywhere else, it's been fantastic.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 04 April 2016
- Version: 4.4.0
- Size: 51.0 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Developer: waze
- © Waze Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.