Waze - GPS Navigation, Maps & Social Traffic
By Waze Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Waze is the world's largest community-based traffic and navigation app. Join drivers in your area who share real-time traffic & road info to save time, fuel and improve daily commuting for all.
Just by driving with Waze open, you're already contributing tons of real-time traffic information to your local community. You can also actively report accidents, police and other hazards you see on the road. Get road alerts along your route and find the cheapest fuel prices around you shared by the community. Plus, you can add friends, send locations or keep others posted on your arrival time.
- Live routing based on community driven, real-time traffic & road info
- Community reported alerts including accidents, hazards, police, road closures, and more
- Turn-by-turn voice guided navigation
- Live maps, consistently edited and updated by Waze community map editors
- Automatic rerouting as conditions change on the road
- Send your ETA & real-time drive to update those you’re meeting
- Learns your frequent destinations, commuting hours, and preferred routes
- Find the cheapest fuel on your route
- Add information on local places and businesses
- Add Facebook friends and sync Contacts
- See friends’ ETA when driving to the same destination
- One tap navigation to Facebook & Calendar events
- Earn points as you contribute road info and climb the ranks in your community
Waze is all about contributing to and benefiting from the common good, so hop on board and get involved!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze will automatically shut down if you run it in the background and haven't driven for a while.
What's New in Version iOS 4.13.0
* Bugs and stability fixes
Good, free, useful, not perfect and a little distracting
It's the best sat nav available, I have the BMW premium nav but always use Waze because of the better routing and speed camera notifications. The latest version has put blue road name/number labels on the road you are driving on which are too big and block the speed camera symbols which is really crap! Please change this back! Also the audio notification of cameras does not work occasionally :-(
The only other thing that needs improvement is there is a bit too much to do and see on the screen, it's best as a passenger tool rather than a driver tool... I like reporting hazards etc but it asks too many questions and I keep thinking I will cause an accident reporting a hazard one day.
Also saving reports of things when there is no reception so the app can update the database when there is reception, or reporting a road closure when you have already turned around is not possible, which is really annoying and missing out on helping other wazers.
This is one app that anyone who drives should use every time they do so. It is so good that I only used my "real" sat-nav on the longest journeys and that was because of battery issues not because it was any better. Now that I can power up from the car it's waze all the way. Have suggested that friends and family join up and they all agree that waze is the way to go. One problem though is with network signal loss outside of the more densely populated areas, and with dead spots, where the road on the screen just vanishes after a while, luckily my wife has a different phone network, and also has Waze, and so we almost never lose both "wazes" at the same time. The latest incarnation (pun intended) has an unfortunate tendancy to cover the screen with advertising just when you are stopped at junctions or roundabouts i.e when you need to see the map the most and that's annoying me. I may go back to Co-pilot yet.
Best sat nav app
Awesome navigation functionality, detects traffic based on users speeds and alerts. Reroutes through side streets when needed. I've tried to beat waze by taking alternative routes for areas I know well but most times waze beats me. It also has speed camera, red light cam, special event, road closure, etc alerts and rerouted accordingly. All in one app.
The issues I have with the app is that it doesn't allow a start location to be specified, it defaults to a current location. Also, the functionality when trying to add stops like Petrol Stations on route should be improved, at times it's made me go backwards on motorways to get to a petrol station as it believes the station is closest (presumably based on displacement rather than distance) when the quickest petrol station is only a few miles ahead in the direction of my travel. Please note it doesn't allow users to select these stops on a map (you can view them on a map but not select them).
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 05 October 2016
- Version: iOS 4.13.0
- Size: 77.4 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Developer: waze
- © Waze Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.