Waze - GPS Navigation, Maps & Social Traffic
By Waze Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Waze is the world's largest community-based traffic and navigation app. Join drivers in your area who share real-time traffic & road info to save time, fuel and improve daily commuting for all.
Just by driving with Waze open, you're already contributing tons of real-time traffic information to your local community. You can also actively report accidents, police and other hazards you see on the road. Get road alerts along your route and find the cheapest fuel prices around you shared by the community. Plus, you can add friends, send locations or keep others posted on your arrival time.
- Live routing based on community driven, real-time traffic & road info
- Community reported alerts including accidents, hazards, police, road closures, and more
- Turn-by-turn voice guided navigation
- Live maps, consistently edited and updated by Waze community map editors
- Automatic rerouting as conditions change on the road
- Send your ETA & real-time drive to update those you’re meeting
- Learns your frequent destinations, commuting hours, and preferred routes
- Find the cheapest fuel on your route
- Add information on local places and businesses
- Add Facebook friends and sync Contacts
- See friends’ ETA when driving to the same destination
- One tap navigation to Facebook & Calendar events
- Earn points as you contribute road info and climb the ranks in your community
Waze is all about contributing to and benefiting from the common good, so hop on board and get involved!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze will automatically shut down if you run it in the background and haven't driven for a while.
What's New in Version 4.9.0
* In countries where average speed camera zones are enforced, Waze now helps you drive safely within the speed limit and avoid speeding tickets. Get alerts where average speed cameras are located and track your progress as you drive through.
* Bugs and stability fixes
Great to see this continue to evolve and I've finally upped to 5 star rating. Some of my previous gripes around speed limits and average cameras have been added! Planned drives feature is awesome. Where it could still improve is on showing upcoming traffic and toll roads on your route more clearly while mid journey, as these are hidden in the route details pane. I also prefer the audio guidance of Google maps and hope Waze can borrow from their parent company here. However routing, map accuracy, guidance instructions and traffic awareness remains overall very good. Other apps usually do well with one but not all. Hard to beat right now.
The perfect satellite navigation app. I've been using Waze for at least 5 years now, and I'll never use a different sat nav app. Nothing compares to this. One the very rare occasion that Waze doesn't work (3 times in 5 years) all other apps are not as clear, easy to follow or as seamless as Waze is. Waze makes driving in a new area a pleasure, instead of a frantic hassle to compare what the sat nav map looks like to what the actual road looks like. For anyone starting to drive or if you're just searching for the best sat nav for your car, Waze gets my vote each and everytime. Give it a try!
Great application but needs to be more accurate and sharp
I am a big fan of waze application as a software developer and Minicab driver but at In city of London roundabout and at turning apps becomes slow for example at turning or roundabout when we take a turn 1st or 2nd or 3rd any exit after few seconds aero takes turn so at that time we feel like we missed exit and second point when waze loses signal & it takes time to comeback or reconnect and we miss direction we are heading to. So waze needs to be more sharp fast and accurate in which direction car is standing when pick up taxi customers as well. Please sort it out as soon ad possible.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 14 July 2016
- Version: 4.9.0
- Size: 54.8 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Developer: waze
- © Waze Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.