Waze - GPS, Maps & Social Traffic
By Waze Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Waze is the world's largest community-based traffic and navigation app. Join drivers in your area who share real-time traffic & road info to save time, fuel and improve daily commuting for all.
Just by driving with Waze open, you're already contributing tons of real-time traffic information to your local community. You can also actively report accidents, police and other hazards you see on the road. Get road alerts along your route and find the cheapest fuel prices around you shared by the community. Plus, you can add friends, send locations or keep others posted on your arrival time.
- Live routing based on community driven, real-time traffic & road info
- Community reported alerts including accidents, hazards, police, road closures, and more
- Turn-by-turn voice guided navigation
- Live maps, consistently edited and updated by Waze community map editors
- Automatic rerouting as conditions change on the road
- Send your ETA & real-time drive to update those you’re meeting
- Learns your frequent destinations, commuting hours, and preferred routes
- Find the cheapest fuel on your route
- Add information on local places and businesses
- Add Facebook friends and sync Contacts
- See friends’ ETA when driving to the same destination
- One tap navigation to Facebook & Calendar events
- Earn points as you contribute road info and climb the ranks in your community
Waze is all about contributing to and benefiting from the common good, so hop on board and get involved!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze will automatically shut down if you run it in the background and haven't driven for a while.
What's New in Version 4.0.1
Version 4.0.1 introduces a fresh new design for easier navigation, reporting, and sharing.
* Support for 3D Touch! Press and hold on the Waze icon to quickly navigate home, to work, search addresses or send your location.
* Bug fixes and stability improvements.
* Significantly reduced battery consumption.
* Fewer taps to start your drive, send locations and directions.
* New ETA panel organises everything you need in one place. View reports, check alternate routes, add a stop on the way, or instantly send ETA to friends and family.
* The new map is easier to read with a cleaner look catered to your drive.
* It’s easier to help others on the road with a faster, more visual reporting menu.
* Reports and alerts are now colour-coded so you can instantly recognize them on the map.
* Smart notifications to leave on time for your Calendar events based on traffic conditions and journey times.
Don't drive without it
OK, it's generally a good app, but I've been using it over two years and it just seems to be getting worse. The 4.0 update has just introduced a load of new bugs and didn't solve any of the old ones. One of the most annoying is the sound bug, when you switch app or go to menu while waze is speaking then all the sound from waze is muted (and it also lessens your audio volume) till you force quit the app and re-open. The other annoying thing which hasn't been solved is the inability to make a report while there's no current internet (and have it be sent when internet returns). The new version has also made it more difficult to navigate to petrol stations as you now have to start typing something for fuel stations to show up, and there are various bugs that stop the app working or hide parts of the screen that require closing and re-opening the app which weren't there before. Please just go back to the old style app without the new bugs and solve that stupid audio problem and introduce ability to make reports while not on internet and have them be submitted later and you'll have yourself an unbeatable 5 star app.
Probably the best app I have used
Well, over the years I have used just about all of the available navigation apps. I do around 1600 miles a month minimum, and use the app for work mostly. Waze is the best app I have ever used in the car. Coupled with social traffic updates, it has one of the most powerful feature sets available. Only one weakness, and this is also it's advantage, but without an online data connection, searching is a problem. However with a data connection it is excellent. You must try this app if you want a reliable and easy to use navigation app with live traffic and incident updates. Beautifully designed interface and graphics. The latest version is a breeze to use. Keep the development coming!
Major changes, major bugs
After the recent "facelift" waze, which is a great idea and super useful, has had terrible issues with connectivity. A lot of the functionality only performs intermittently, and I have had the "uh-oh, still adding friends" message for 2 weeks now when trying to check my friends. One can no longer comment on the traffic in the other direction and the interface text is rather too small to read safely when driving. Exceptionally irritating too are the new adverts that appear all over the screen covering the map when driving. It still gets me to work quicker than it would do otherwise, but without the crowdsourcing, I'm not sure it's as accurate as it was. It's a shame. It's the app I used most and I really like it. I am just not convinced the new changes are improvements. My rating has gone from 5 stars, to 3.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 15 November 2015
- Version: 4.0.1
- Size: 43.7 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Developer: waze
- © Waze Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.