By Western Digital Technologies, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Shoot it. Share it.
Turn your iOS™ device into the ultimate photo album. View all the photos stored on your WD TV® Live Hub™ media center, My Net™ N900 Central HD dual-band storage router, My Book® Live™ or My Book Live Duo personal cloud storage with your iPad®, iPhone® or iPod touch®. Or, take a photo or video and upload it from your camera roll directly to your compatible WD device.
Show off your entire photo collection all at once or search and filter photos by name, date, folder or album. Photos are automatically optimized for perfect viewing, taking up minimal space on your device. Lose your network access? No problem. You can still view previously displayed photos when you’re offline.
• Access photos stored on your WD personal cloud storage with your iPhone®, iPad® or iPod touch®
• Upload photos from your camera roll directly to your personal cloud storage, no matter where you are
• Create a slideshow with transitions
• Access previously viewed photos even when you’re offline
• View photos all at once or filter by folder or album
• Search by file name, folder name or date using built-in search options
• Automatically discover and connect to compatible WD devices on the same Wi-Fi network as your smartphone or tablet
• HD button: hi-res photos on demand
• Print photos with AirPrint™-compatible printers
• Email links of full-resolution photos to friends and family and share photos on Facebook®.
• WD’s My Cloud, WD TV Live Hub, My Book Live, My Book Live Duo or My Net N900 Central with the most recent firmware, connected to the Internet
What's New in Version 2.4.5
- Bug Fixes
This app has given me hours and hours of frustration over the years. I have never been able to get it to recognise all the folders or folder contents in my Shared Photos section. I have tried it on iPhone 4, 4S, 6Plus, iPad Mini, iPad Air2, I have cleared the iOS cache numerous times, I have uninstalled/reinstalled the app numerous times, I have rebuilt WD 2go Server numerous times, I have restored it to the factory settings and reloaded my thousands of photos - nothing will get it to work properly. The problem doesn’t seem to be with the LiveBook drive itself, as iOS X, WD MyCloud app, FileBrowser app, RemoteFiles app - all are able to see all the folders and all their contents. The only reason I persist is that I would like to access my photos from outside my home network, er… like all the WD publicity says you can. WD needs to sort out this risible piece of software.
At long last
I've had the mycloud hard drive for 2years and I could never get this app to work The app would only ever display the same 5 folders out of 45, tried some of the online forums but could never get anymore than the same 5 folders.
Took a gamble a rebooted the hard drive back to factory settings, uploaded the photos to the hard drive again and within a day all the folders appeared on the app. The app works great only wished I rebooted the hard 2 years ago. Hope the. Now develope a stand along music app along the same line instead of the cloud app.
Having a personal cloud is a great solution to the ever growing problem of having data in multiple locations. This app is 'ok', but missing some key features. Sorting photos seems random, sometimes thumbnails display, sometimes they don't (why can't the app cache them). Sometimes photos display and sometimes they don't. It's not like you are inventing a new genre of app! So go copy the features from the best out there!!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: 15 December 2014
- Version: 2.4.5
- Size: 18.1 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Developer: Western Digital Technologies, Inc.
- © 2011 Western Digital Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.