We Love This Book
By YUDU Media
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
We Love This Book is Britain’s best and brightest independent book magazine. Aimed at everyone who loves reading, we don’t create false divisions: we just cover great books in articles written by the most talented journalists and authors.
At the front of the magazine, you’ll find timely, bite-sized features:
• a celebrity’s desert island books, from people like Tony Blair, Jeremy Paxman and Joan Bakewell
• books that explain the news, culture and sport headlines
• today’s new authors lauding yesterday’s greats
• ideas for things to get out and do this season
• recipes from the best new cookery books.
Then we have in-depth features, articles on fascinating subjects in both fiction and non-fiction:
• themed features explore issues like forbidden love, traitors, pioneering women, dangerous cheerleaders, the Titanic and lots more. Big-name authors like Jeffrey Eugenides and Mark Haddon sit beside incredible new talent like Erin Morgernstern and Eoin Ivey
• a genre feature takes a look at one thrilling area of writing, everything from music biography to gothic fiction
• a new, often exclusive short story from a major established talent like David Mitchell or Emma Donoghue
• The Book Tree, looking at the weird and wonderful links between books, everything from The Da Vinci Code to Lolita.
The Reviews section includes:
• around 50 adult fiction and non-fiction books, reviewed by booksellers
• crime, sci-fi and fantasy reviews
• longer lead reviews to highlight the most exciting new books
• paperback picks from booksellers and bloggers. There is also a dedicated children’s section with its own special cover.
There is also a dedicated children’s section with its own special cover. Inside you’ll find:
• one article about books for a younger age group, on subjects like starting school and zoos
• one piece for an older age group, with past examples being dystopian fiction and Philippa Gregory’s new series
• around 25 more reviews, organised by reading age, with paperbacks picked by children
• a children’s literary legend discussing their childhood.
So download We Love This Book and discover a whole new world of reading to explore.
What's New in Version 13.13
Minor Enhancements and bug fixes
Not being published any more...?
This was a good book review magazine and, while it is still being updated to the newest iOS version, a new issue sadly hasn't been published for a long while. No reply from two emails to them requesting info. So don't waste your time with this.
- Category: Books
- Updated: 02 May 2015
- Version: 13.13
- Size: 13.8 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: YUDU Ltd
- © 2015 YUDU Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.