• Weather in the Menubar
• Weather in a window
• Weather in the dock
WeatherMan grabs and displays weather information for cities worldwide.
Weather three ways for as many cities as you'd like.
Check out the screen shot!
Using data from the National Weather Service, WeatherMan shows...
• Current Conditions
• Extended Forecasts - Highs, Lows, Chance of precipitation, etc.
• Weather Alerts - Severe and general alerts like Tornado, Thunderstorm, Flood, Blizzard, etc. (US Cities Only)
• Radar - Current NexRad radar images - Animated, if you like. (US Cities Only)
• Custom Images - Can pull images from the web using any URL including satellite images
To add a new city use the "File Menu" or application preferences.
See the AfterTen website for a simple quick start guide.
AppleScript support - Using AppleScript extract the weather data to use in other applications.
--- Please, before posting a crash log in a review ---
--- or some other technical issue that is easily resolved ---
--- Just email me first. Then post whatever review you'd like. Thanks. ---
64 bit upgrade
Ratings and Reviews
If you're into weather information then this is a great little application, it tells you all sorts of nformation above and beyond the standard temp etc, it'll even give you forcasts for the week ahead. I would have given this a higher score but for 2 issues
1. The Dock icon defaults to a SUN icon if you quit the program, it'd be nice if it showed the current weather even if the app is quit, for instance even if you quit iCal it still shows todays date on the dock so I dont see why this app cant show the current weather even if quit.
2. I live in the UK and when I went to the images tab I couldbn't get any of the images to work, I was hoping to see some nice charts or satellite maps but I get literally nothing, I dont know why that might be but it seems a bit of a pointless tab if it wont show images where I am.
Other than that it works quite nicely.
Waste of money for UK users
It might work great for the US cities but the quality of the data and presentation of it are poor for international cities including London. The dock presentation is awful. The icon does not work.
If you're in the UK and want a rubbish forcast with hardly any citys on it, buy this, if you want to save your money, dont buy this, its aload of rubbish!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.