WeatherPlan USA - Weather Notifications on steroids with Alerts
By Unit Networks
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
* Featured in Top 10 Beach Apps by NerdWallet Travel!
***** Apr 15, 2012
Addendum: Been using it for three months now and this app worked great to flag days in winter when I could ride. Now that it's Spring, I'm going to change my settings to flag days I can't ride since most days I can. This is really a great little app and it is well engineered. I have also found it to be a great value and price for what it delivers...
Custom Weather Notifications on steroids!
WHAT DOES WEATHERPLAN DO?
WeatherPlan will monitor the weather forecasts for you!
+ Notify you about NOAA Weather Warnings
+ Send daily forecast notifications (i.e. have todays forecast on your lock screen in the morning!)
+ Monitor your custom WeatherPlans (i.e notify you about the weather you actually care about!)
Now you don't need to check the weather forecasts all the time to plan your weather dependent activities!
[NOTE! Paid subscription required for full functionality.]
Follow the latest news on twitter.com/weatherplan
**** Love it... - Nov 28, 2011 by Kevin Owensby
I love this app! I have it set to tell me what days will be good to go jogging or mowing. I also set it up to tell me when it will be a rainy, snowy, hot, cold, or windy day. Customer service is with the creator and he's very nice and gets things worked out very quickly (minutes if possible!) I recommend it.
WEATHER SOURCE - NOAA
All our weather forecasts come from the best source, the National Weather Service's (NWS) digital forecast database from NOAA.
CUSTOM WEATHERPLANS USAGE EXAMPLE
Suppose you want to know which day the weather is perfect for a specific activity. Examples:
* The Beach:
You prefer a certain temperature interval, clear sky and no winds, set it up in WeatherPlan and wait for your perfect day at the beach!
* Freezing temperature or Snow:
Have full control which mornings you may need to remove snow or ice from the car!
* Paint your house:
You need non-precipitating weather for a few days, set it up in WeatherPlan and let the weather do your planning!
You can set a maximum or minimum for the following elements, but also combinations of them all:
- Chance of Precipitation
- Cloud cover
- Wind Speed
- Waveheight (only significant wave heights are forecasted, and only for some locations among the coasts)
Note! You will also be notified if the weather forecasts change and your WeatherPlan is no longer valid!
NOAA WEATHER WARNINGS
Weather Warning Notifications for your locations will be sent to your device. It is possible to individually per location select between receiving warnings, watches, advisories and statements.
Share your WeatherPlans with your friends and followers, through Twitter, Facebook, e-mail etc.
Weather Forecasts are provided for the USA. The exact locations include the CONUS area, Hawaii and Alaska.
Search for your location by name, or use the iOS location services to find your closest location.
FREE VS. PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION
A free user is limited by the following:
- Max 1 location
- Can only use Temperature monitoring
- No weather warning notifications
- No daily forecast notifications ("lock screen")
- WeatherPlan notifications sent only once every 24h
- Ads may be displayed
If you have constructive feedback or feature requests I'd love to receive it at:
- If the weather is critical for your activity, do not depend ONLY on the forecasts and notifications from WeatherPlan. Verify with other weather sources and local weather offices!
- Currently there is a limit of 5 locations and 5 WeatherPlans per location per user.
- All weather data originates from the NWS NDFD.
What's New in Version 1.6
- Support for iPhone 5 screen (finally..)
- More graphs available
- Minor bugfixes like accessibility
- Minor visual changes
- Category: Weather
- Updated: 30 April 2013
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 2.5 MB
- Languages: English, Basque, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese
- Developer: Unit Networks Sweden
- © 2011 Unit Networks Sweden
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Premium - One time fee£3.99
- 12 Months Premium Service£1.49