Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Covering South-African cities **ONLY**, WeatherSA allows you to customise the weather notices sent to your device, from storm warnings* and national alerts to weekly forecasts and even the best time of day* to cycle, jog, hit the beach and much more.
Track SA storms in real time as they cross the country. View cool features such as animated radar*, maps, graphs and detailed weather tables. We are the most accurate source of SA weather, and we have incredible world first features. We offer more for FREE than any other weather app (for SA), but subscribers get some awesome extras not available anywhere else.
This app is designed for SA, by South Africans, and is the only app supported by SAWS (Met Office). There really should be no reason for you to use any other weather app for SA.
EXCLUSIVE FEATURES (not available anywhere else in SA)
• Notifications of storms before they hit your suburb*. This is a world first and we are proud that its coming out of SA
• See where storms are now and where they'll be in 30 and 60 minutes*. So you can start that braai early, or get on with that golf game
• Radar animations for awesome insight about storm direction, intensity and growth
• Maps of lightning strikes for the past 6 hours just cos it's SO cool to see*. This is hardly seen outside of the US
• Hail warning for your commute route - get ahead of that traffic - or work late and impress the boss*
• Rain in the new incredibly useful WMO format: % risk of ANY rain, % risk of moderate rain, and % risk of storm. ALL for your very own suburb and split into FOUR time slots per day!
• Activity indices for several sports and activities, showing the comfort level on that sport, for your suburbs, 3 time slots per day, 7 days ahead
• Loads of animated maps with provincial zoom options*
FREE NOTIFICATIONS (sent to your phone & can be turned off individually)
• National weather warnings per province such as heat waves, high seas, strong winds...we’ll keep you informed!
• A daily forecast - so you don't have to open the app
• Weekly and weekend forecasts - because we ALL forget to check
• Breaking news such as tornado touch-downs and heat waves
• Unusual weather notifications for tomorrow – dress for that cold front, heat wave, wind or rain. Get up early and beat that fog!
All notifications can be individually toggled
FREE FEATURES (we offer these to make sure you don't need ANY other weather app)
• In-app storm popups up to 60 minutes in advance, including a list of the last 4 storms
• Rate the storms in your suburb so we can tweak the settings over time
• 7 day tables, across 4 time slots per day
• Set your favourite suburbs and swipe between them
• Covering 350 suburbs (unlike other weather companies, we NEVER average between main SA towns then try to claim that we are covering your street
• Loads of SA maps for today and tomorrow's weather, zooms available*. We cover useful stuff like fog am/pm, and rain across am/pm/night.
• Sun & moon rise & set for your town, includes the moon phase
Hourly & 7 day graphs covering rain, wind, temp,pressure & humidity (with more to come...)
• Facebook, Twitter & eMail sharing of all maps and forecast so you can keep your network informed. We even allow for subscriber-only products to be shared with anyone
If we've left out anything that you get in other weather apps for SA just tell us and we'll get onto it!
* Optional in-app subscription required
P.S. If you want useful, accurate real time weather sent to you, without distracting pretty pictures, then download this app now!
P.P.S. We welcome suggestions, criticism, accuracy issues...and praise. Please use our in-app feedback form so that we can personally respond to your comments.
What's New in Version 1.3
• Push notifications are our MAIN feature and we've made them more reliable (please check your settings!)
• Even more FREE notifications
• Tide graph for coastal towns (as requested)
• More activities covered (as requested)
• iPad retina upgrades
• Over 200k SA users can't be wrong! We are SA's leading weather app
Good free content and rip off chargeable
So the free content is good, better than most weather apps... But then if you want the really cool stuff you have to pay- A LOT!!!
Up to £15 per month?? Seriously??
That's laughable..... For £15 a month I want to be able to see live video streams, smell the air and taste the rain.
At present the app is displaying no weather data for the coming week! Previous problems have been rain symbols when the text says 0% chance of rain and forecasts that seem to differ wildly from day to day. The accuracy of this app is suspect... Currently showing a week of cloud and rain for Cape Town while the WeatherSA website says sunshine for the week? Pathetic ...
Fantastic and easy to use, reliable and with push notifications for storms and other warnings.. Well recommend it!
- Category: Weather
- Updated: 22 August 2012
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 10.8 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Weather Intelligence Systems
- © Weather Intelligence Systems (Pty) Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPod touch (6th generation).
Top In-App Purchases
- Starter Lite Subscription£2.29
- Starter Subscription£2.99
- Enthusiast Subscription£9.99
- Commuter Subscription£2.29