The Week magazine UK edition
By Dennis Publishing Ltd
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The Week magazine casts an expert eye over the world’s most interesting online and print media, editing it together to bring you only the best articles. For an objective, engaging and entertaining view try The Week today.
- Fully optimised for your iPad and iPhone
- Easy to browse - tap straight to your favourite section
- Stay up-to-date with the 10 most important stories each day by adding the Daily Briefing widget to your Notification Centre
- Save your favourite articles, reviews or quotes to the Saved Articles section
- Once downloaded, read each issue offline at your leisure
- Choose the number of issues saved on your device to save on memory
- Share articles with friends and family via email, Facebook and Twitter
- Easy reading with our night mode and adjustable text size
- Complete the crossword on your iPad each week
Non-subscribers can buy single issues and subscriptions using In App Purchase.
For your weekly issue to auto download you will need to be connected to Wi-Fi and have your push notifications enabled.
Digital and print + digital subscribers have full access to each week's edition and all digital back issues. Print subscribers should contact the publisher to add digital access to their subscription.
Details about auto-renewing subscriptions and single issue purchase:
- Subscriptions can be purchased at £19.99 for a 3 month subscription, £39.99 for 6 months, or £79.99 for 12 months.
- Single issues can be purchased for £2.99.
- When you purchase a subscription or a single issue payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
- Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
- Your account will be charged 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, at £19.99 (3months), £39.99 (6 months) and £79.99 (12 months).
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user at auto-renewal and may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period.
What's New in Version 4.5.8
Thank you for reading The Week magazine and for your valuable feedback. If you're enjoying the magazine, please consider taking a few minutes to review our app.
To make our app better for you, we bring regular updates to the App Store.
I first began my subscription around a couple of months ago, it is now early October. I really like The Week. This isn’t a review of the magazine of course but of the digital app. So in that case, I am asking the developers to amend a fault that is really irritating the hell out of me. Sometimes I can download more than one issue but not normally more than two. Sometimes, I can not even download more than a single edition even though the in-app setting are adjusts to allow up to 10 issues. I’m in the military so, if I’m going away for a period of time, I need to be able to download multiple issues. Please FIX this...allow subscribers to DOWNLOAD MORE THAN ONE ISSUE. I can see from other reviews that this is a fault that has been in the app for sometime. Fix this & I have no complaint.
UPDATE AS PER OCTOBER 2017;
I have now sent four emails to the subscriptions email for The Week & have had no reply to any of them. The problem persists. The only way I was able to get around the problem last time was to delete the app & reinstall it. Doing so meant I lost all of my saved & favourite articles though. I’m not prepared to lose those again. If it wasn’t for this problem, I’d give this app a strong 4 out of 5. With it though, I’m grudgingly giving it a very weak 2 stars.
Great content - needs a bookmark
When the app was first released it remembered were you were even if the app had been closed, but not in later versions. I am never able to read the whole magazine in one go and it is absolutely infuriating to be returned to the Contents page when I return to read it again. I've never had any problems with downloading and the content is first class, but I think that the lack of a bookmark reduces the rating from 4 or 5 stars to 3!
Early adopter - still love it!
I wouldn't be without my Week... I look forward every week to Thursday when the e-copy comes out. It's the news digest of them all as it's genuinely independent & does what it says in the front page! Jolyon, the founder, is a genius... get a subscription today! JFDI!
- Category: News
- Updated: 26 October 2017
- Version: 4.5.8
- Size: 25.7 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Dennis Publishing Limited
- © Dennis Publishing Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Week Subscription£19.99
- The Week Subscription£39.99
- The Week Subscription£79.99
- The Week Single Issue 863£3.99
- The Week Single Issue 864£3.99
- The Week Single Issue 894£3.99
- The Week Single Issue 900£3.99
- The Week Single Issue 871£3.99
- The Week Single Issue 855£3.99
- The Week Single Issue 869£3.99