The power to send money around the world quickly and easily is in your pocket with the Western Union Money Transfer® app.
Western Union relies on the most up-to-date exchange rates to make sure your money goes further when you send money to relatives or friends. Whenever you make a money transfer with us using the app, you can be confident your transaction will go smoothly.
• Send money on the go, anytime, to more than 200 countries and territories.
• Remit money to friends and families.
• Check current exchange rates and fees.
• Track a money transfer directly from your mobile device.
• Get directions, hours, and services available at one of Western Union's 500,000+ agent locations nearest you.
• Figure out the estimated price of your international money transfer before sending.
• View past or pending transactions and update your contacts, personal information, and payment methods.
The Western Union® mobile app has everything you need to send money transfers quickly and easily. Use our app to:
• Get your money quickly to wherever it's needed.
• Review your method of payment, Visa, MasterCard, Maestro.
• Get round-the-clock customer service help.
Limits and fees for sending money vary based on the transaction history, receiver’s country, location, and delivery method. Western Union also makes money from currency exchange.
Please, read Terms and Conditions and Privacy Statement before downloading the app: https://www.westernunion.com/ie/en/mobile-app-terms-conditions.html
Thanks for your feedback. We’ve listened and made improvements to the WU app.
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Stressing me out- Apparently this is a 5 star - I don’t think so!!!
Downloaded the App wanting to transfer money but transferred me to the desktop website for my bank not the iPhone app!!!
Then in order to put the details had to move back and forth from WU app to Bank app and bank app closes after so long and then there is the reference is too long! The bank won’t accept the Reference number and full name of receiver and the letters for Canada (CA)!!!!
So in the end I have to walk to a western Union what is the bloody point instead of bank transfer why can’t u have the option to use a debit card? But the options are credit card or bank transfer !!!!
Add next day service
I used the service which was easy and straight forward and got fee off as a promotion however can WesternUnion please add next day service which is cheaper than sending in minutes. We want all options available. Very happy with everything, no more going from one shop to another asking if the service is working and only to be told they no longer do it or it’s down at the moment. The frustration, thank goodness for online service 😀
I resisted using app until I had no choice - was quite happy to send money by phone. Now I prefer app as it’s so quick and it stores people’s names and it’s easy to inform the receiver that the money’s been sent. A bit of a pain to have to verify I.d. but once I’d stopped procrastinating it took minutes to send a photo of I.d. and get authorised and now I’m all set up. Although it says bank transfer or credit card it should say credit/debit as I always use a debit card with no problem
- The Western Union Company
- 67.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Burmese, Cambodian, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Western Union Holdings, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.