By WhatsApp Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, email chat history, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
What's New in Version 2.17.82
• Want to easily record long Voice Messages? When recording a Voice Message, just swipe up to lock recording so you can continue to record without keeping your finger down.
WhatsApp is really good because it lets you send pictures with no extra costs. You can also put a colour for the background or put a picture. Also, you can change the colour of the app symbol. You can make group chats and you can video call each other. Yes, it does use internet, but let’s face it lots of apps do. As well as that, it has nothing to do with your minutes or the amount of texts you can send. Not only that, but it’s FREE. So that is the reason why I would recommend WhatsApp. After all, pretty much everyone I know has it and they say that it’s fantastic.
Non-existent customer support
The worst app support I have yet to come across. But I guess you don't give a d@mn - you certainly never respond to problem reports even by way of acknowledgement or even a simple F-off. An otherwise great and useful app. Since early Sept 2017 (nearly 4 months now) I've been asking whatsapp support to look into an annoying problem where, when using swiftkey or gboard the first line of a multi-line message to a group or Individual is obscured under the top of the typing box. I have had no acknowledgement of my emails and of course no fix. This doesn't happen with the iphone native keyboard and it does not happen in any other app, messaging or otherwise so it does look like a whatsapp problem, but you can't even be bothered to acknowledge my communications to you. What sort of outfit are you?
What's app improvement
Could we get more features such as a clearer sound and a easier way of forwarding replying and staring Messages because it can get annoying having to hold your finger also more functions to video calls and audio calls such as adding people to a call that would be really good I love what's app are in anyway we need to have a clear sound quality because often sound mucks up and group calls are very important so if we can add people to calls that would be highly appreciated
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: 01 December 2017
- Version: 2.17.82
- Size: 157 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bengali, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Developer: WhatsApp Inc.
- © 2017 WhatsApp Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.