WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, email chat history, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
• Adding contacts using WhatsApp is now easier. You can enter a phone number and check if it's on WhatsApp before saving it. Tap "New Chat" > "New Contact" to get started.
Ratings and Reviews
What’s app 2019 AVOID
I’ve been a long time user of what’s app since it had first come out and only small incremental changes have been made for example the blue double ticks to show its read and removing the last seen but that was what’s app basic and it’s good for what it is. However, since that time it has been sold to Facebook group it has become ever more annoying and is now acting as some source of identity carrier. I recently changed my number and what’s app blocked me a week within changing because apparently my phone number doesn’t belong to the registered phone.
1. Why does what’s app/Facebook decide which phone number belongs to xyz phone
2. How am I being blocked from what’s app without being asked for verification or not being at least warned of the issue. I now have users who are messaging me in groups etc that I am unable to read - some of which is actually work related.
On a similar note, Facebook has made a clear intention to secure your unique phone number against your profile as well as dating apps and other apps which are all intertwined. It scares me a little that all these companies now have a lot of information about you. If you ever happen to enter a different number one day or different address they will penalise you. Welcome to the 21st century of identity cards - your smart phone with all the apps you carry! Facebook = mastermind behind this slowly gobbling up the most popular apps to ensure they have you by the scruff of your throat!
At LAST Face ID Security
This is a Super Great App which has become even more and more popular in recent times and seems to be the main platform now, at least for me and my circle.
Like many other reviews, security is very essential, many from nosey people/prying eyes so how Excellent it was when you can now gave Face ID to open th app. We all may do this at some point, showing someone photos, websites, work related content, abd if just for a few seconds it stays with them, they may start noseying around. So Well Done!
What would be even more amazing and secure is if you would introduce individual locks for chats or if you’re in a chat and want to go into another chat, Face ID will be required. It’s happened to all of us when you’re speaking with someone through the App with a relative/friend next to you takes over to speak, you may wander off just for minute or so without reliasing, and they may start going into your chats because the App is already open
To summarise, Super Super Happy (and I’m sure many other are) that Face ID now is availabe, but the introduction of further security within the App whilst using it, would really make this App more and More Number 1.
Works well, fairly intuitive. Only problem I’ve had is a pretty significant time delay (can be upwards of two hours) between sending a message to a person in a different country and that message being received.
I often use WhatsApp to message friends in Italy, but, have noticed that my messages (on average) take a couple of hours to deliver, with the occasional extreme case of my messages taking a couple days to deliver. I assume this problem is due to a culmination of slow broadband/poor mobile data connection (which is a common problem where I live), a difficulty in data package transfer and (assumable) incompatibilities with similar networks in Italy.
Ultimately, it’s a pretty decent app, and, it’s not the end of the world in regards to the slow message delivery speed, as I appreciate that nothing is ever instantaneous, especially when it comes to tech and wireless information transfer. But, it can be frustrating when mid conversation your messages stop delivering, and you have to text the person normally to explain that you “aren’t trying to be rude” and that you “are trying to reply to their messages”, defeating the perceived purpose of the app.
- WhatsApp Inc.
- 139.5 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2019 WhatsApp Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.